575 SuperAmerica Question? | FerrariChat

575 SuperAmerica Question?

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by tnferrariowner, Aug 25, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tnferrariowner

tnferrariowner Karting

Jan 30, 2009
    Savannah, GA
    Full Name:
    David
    Hello,

I was wondering, did all Superamerica's come with some form of Fiorano Handling Package as with the option on the 575M or was this also an option on the SA?

I believe it was an option called HGTC and the GTC was just the carbo brakes. Just wanted to check.

Thanks!

2. Cobraownr

Cobraownr Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 6, 2008
    Edgewater, MD
    Full Name:
    Donald Silawsky
    #2 Cobraownr, Aug 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I stand ready to be corrected by experts like TAZ, but AFAIK, Superamericas could be had with three different packages that involved suspensions, wheels, brakes, and controllers for the steering and other operations: (1) standard (no option); (2) Fiorano Handling Package ("FHP"); and (3) "HGTC". Attached is a chart from another FChat thread that shows the differences between the three configurations. The cost of the FHP option was around $3600. HGTC cost around $22,000, I guess principally for the ceramic brake disks.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. tnferrariowner

tnferrariowner Karting

Jan 30, 2009
    Savannah, GA
    Full Name:
    David
    Thank you so much. I believe these were 575M options; Superameric's had a GTC and a HGTC from what I have been told; hence my Q. If your information is correct, then great!

4. Cobraownr

Cobraownr Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 6, 2008
    Edgewater, MD
    Full Name:
    Donald Silawsky
    AFAIK, the chart in my previous message applies to Superamericas as well as the 575 M Coupe. "HGTC" and "GTC" are the same package. You could not get just the ceramic brakes by themselves. They could only be had as part of the comprehensive GTC option. "FHP" is a distinctly separate option. In my study of the Superamerica market over 2+ years, it appears that most SAs in the U.S. have the GTC option. A Superamerica owner that I spoke with said that he thought the GTC option was too stiff, and preferred the more compliant standard suspension. The ceramic brakes (GTC) don't have quite the bite as the standard brakes in around town driving/stops, squeal a bit (which can be cured with different brake pads, I believe) and will be very expensive to replace, although they should last a long time. I don't know if any of this helps you.

5. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    #5 tazandjan, Aug 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    David- Like Don said, FHP and HGTC were separate options on the the 575M and Superamerica. You will see some references to HGTC as GTC, leaving off the Handling (H) prefix. The 575 GTC was a competition follow-on to the 550 race cars.

There were no common parts between FHP and HGTC and all those differences are spelled out in the 575 Technical thread above, including a full listing of all involved parts. The 19" modular wheels that were optional on the 575M (except std on 575M HGTC) were standard on all Superamericas and included the late modular front wheels that fit over the huge 398 mm CCM rotors and 6 piston calipers of the HGTC option.

You can see from the attached list that SAs were available with both handling options.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. tnferrariowner

tnferrariowner Karting

Jan 30, 2009
    Savannah, GA
    Full Name:
    David
    Thank you so much! Its so funny though, every car I am looking at is not in the word file attached (not that I thought it was complete, obviously). Thanks again!

7. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    David- Very small sample size. Any that you find, send me the serial number (last 6 of VIN), Assembly Number (in front of engine), whether they have FHP or HGTC, and F1 or manual shifter, and I will add them to the list.

8. tnferrariowner

tnferrariowner Karting

Jan 30, 2009
    Savannah, GA
    Full Name:
    David
    Will do; you can PM me your e-mail and I will send them to you. I have one that says GTC1 (19" rims) on the MODIS report - that I assume means 19 inch wheels and CC brakes only? I have asked the seller.

9. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    David- CCM brakes were not available as a separate option, only as part of the HGTC package. What that notation means is that the front wheels fitted (to all Superamericas) have the later part number, 210660, that fits over the HGTC brakes. These actually became available late in 575M production when the HGTC package became optionally available and were fitted to all 575Ms ordered with the optional 19" wheels after Assembly Number 55205, HGTC or not. All Superamericas had those wheels.

You can put those numbers and the build sheets or option sheets (build sheets have the Assembly Number, option sheets do not) in the 575 Technical Thread sticky at top so everybody can see them.

10. tnferrariowner

tnferrariowner Karting

Jan 30, 2009
    Savannah, GA
    Full Name:
    David
    Taz - just a quick question. I assume that some Superamericas same with very little options and had the plan suspension; especially the early ones. Are they still quite good to drive without the HGTC package?

11. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    David- Affirmative, the Superamericas had all the updates introduced throughout 575M production including the steering position sensor, late shock absorbers and mounts, and updated shock absorber ECUs. About 30-40% of SAs had HGTC and a much smaller number had FHP, but the standard set-up works fine and there should be SA owners who can confirm.

12. tifosi_

tifosi_ Formula 3

Sep 24, 2013
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Clyde
  13. tnferrariowner

tnferrariowner Karting

Jan 30, 2009
    Savannah, GA
    Full Name:
    David
    Thank you for all your help! I appreciate it!! I used the information wisely and got myself a 575M in the end!