Panoz announces plans for production of street-legal versions of Panoz racecars | FerrariChat

Panoz announces plans for production of street-legal versions of Panoz racecars

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by 4re Nut, Oct 19, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 4re Nut

4re Nut F1 World Champ

Mar 27, 2004
    N of NOLA
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Very cool, Panoz announces plans for production of street-legal versions of Panoz racecars - Racer.com

Direct link, Home | Panoz.

There are a couple Panoz GTSs (I think that's model) that occasionally show up at the track near me.

Also, saw an Esperante on the road once, not "beautiful" but certainly striking in a good way.

2. Nativetroy

Nativetroy F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2010
    central fl
    Full Name:
    Troy
    That's cool, I hope they are successful. They have always been cool cars.

3. Devilsolsi

Devilsolsi F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 1, 2007
    MD
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Wow. How would a GTR-1 ever be street legal? Titled as a kit car?

4. Smiles

Smiles F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 20, 2003
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    Matt F
    #4 Smiles, Oct 21, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Basically. Almost every state has a process for a specialty constructed car.

Below is my Ariel Atom before it was shipped from Brammo in Oregon. I got it Pennsylvania street legal on a specially constructed title.

A GTR-1 has a more legal windshield and wipers, full fenders and so on. It would be really easy in most states.

Matt
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. leead1

leead1 F1 Rookie

Nov 29, 2006
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Lee
    I live in Florida. When I bought my AA3 it does not have a VIN number only a MDO. I had to contact the vehicle compliance officer for Florida, who approved the car and gave me a Vin number. A very easy procedure.

I did one thing before and I asked the Florida registration office if any AA's were registered in Florida. They told me 3 were in the state of Florida. each state may be different. AA may be able to tell you if they have ant in your state. I found them to be good people. Great on providing parts. I needed a few trinkes. Great cars and reliable.

Best

Lee

6. Devilsolsi

Devilsolsi F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 1, 2007
    MD
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Thanks Lee and Matt. Very interesting.

7. Exotica Motorsports

Nov 1, 2003
    Washington
    Full Name:
    Jason Godsil
    Maybe I inspired them. I was there in April and begged John and Dan to sell me the purple GTR-1. We sat in the car but didn't get to drive it. They told me I couldn't have it though.

8. ktr6

ktr6 Formula Junior

Mar 25, 2011
    Knoxville, TN
    Full Name:
    Keith
    They new showroom/facility is pretty cool. Lots of racing history in a very short period of time. I didn't realize they were one of the first teams to try and run a battery hybrid back in 1998. Also didn't realize that Boris Said won the 99 trans am series in an esperante.

Still not sure how many cars they will sell. The 2015 Esperante spyder starts at 180k.

9. ktr6

ktr6 Formula Junior

Mar 25, 2011
    Knoxville, TN
    Full Name:
    Keith
    Wow, was looking at used Panoz Esperantes and you can pick one up used for 20-40k! It would certainly make a rare and reliable DD. But then again I am into rare one offs like TVR so maybe it's just me.

10. Bill Sawyer

Bill Sawyer Formula 3

Feb 26, 2002
    Georgia
    Who would spend $180k for a car that was designed over a decade ago and is Mustang based?

11. ktr6

ktr6 Formula Junior

Mar 25, 2011
    Knoxville, TN
    Full Name:
    Keith
    Agreed, I was in sticker shock when I saw the price.

12. ScuderiaWithStickPlease

ScuderiaWithStickPlease F1 World Champ

Dec 17, 2007
    NY Metro
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5p9rF1aC_g&list=UUQMELFlXQL38KPm8kM-4Adg]2015 Panoz Esperante Spyder GT Prototype - Jay Leno's Garage - YouTube[/ame]