60th Anniversary of Ferrari in America Event -Oct 12 in Beverly Hills - Who's Going? | Page 14 | FerrariChat

60th Anniversary of Ferrari in America Event -Oct 12 in Beverly Hills - Who's Going?

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by TrojanFan, Sep 5, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. klfpaul

klfpaul Karting

Apr 7, 2003
    Murrieta, CA
    Full Name:
    Kevin Paul
    Overall loved seeing the cars. Planning was poor as far as the parade. Had no idea it was on Camden, given they corralled everyone on Rodeo.

What was really piss poor was the planning of having the majority of the attendees park in a public parking garage. Tell me why I showed up hours early to just be routed to an empty garage? A garage my SUV would scrape getting in and out it was that bad... As echoed earlier I scraped front, middle, and back both in and out; even using the usual special Ferrari entry/exit techniques. Did anyone scout this place out??? Rule #1 of Ferrari event planning: make sure the cars can make it in and out without damage, especially in LA and the parking's not crappy. My paint's all original and perfect except for the silver dollar sized amount I left on the Crescent St. Parking garage.

2. skullyspice

skullyspice Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 18, 2013
    L A
    Full Name:
    erik
    I wish they closed down more streets like Camden and lined up the 900+ participants that way

3. proof69

proof69 Formula 3

Sep 14, 2014
    I heard there was over 900 Ferrari's at the event. Did they plan a banquet so people could meet after the show?

4. proof69

proof69 Formula 3

Sep 14, 2014

Were they on rodeo?

5. ar4me

ar4me F1 Rookie
    Owner

Apr 4, 2010
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Jes
    #331 ar4me, Oct 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    On Camden, in the parade, and likely more in the parking garages...

Edit: Here is one from the 60-car parade.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. SoCal1

SoCal1 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 14, 2011
    SoCal LA/OC/New Mexico
    Full Name:
    Tim Dee
    There were a ton of cars parked off of the SM blvd lots. I bet they did not get counted at all

7. daveyator

daveyator Formula Junior

Jun 10, 2014
    Yucaipa, CA
    Full Name:
    Dave B

If I remember right two on Rodeo although I swear it moved and two on Camden.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

8. proof69

proof69 Formula 3

Sep 14, 2014

I was only on rodeo and I did not see any.

9. koisokok

koisokok F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 8, 2006
    nine 0 two one 0
    #335 koisokok, Oct 12, 2014
  10. robertgarven

robertgarven F1 Veteran
    Owner

Feb 24, 2002
    Ventura, California
    Full Name:
    Robert Garven
    #337 robertgarven, Oct 12, 2014
    Friends,

Lots of great cars, We parked on top of a parking structure. Not sure why I spent 10 hours detailing car! Talked to the owner of the first Ferrai made that Enzo raced. I thought they were all gone, had lots of pics and documentation 0013C? Also my favorite 64 GTO.

However all the fantastic historic cars were a treat. I have seen many before, but all in one place was fantastic, and some I have only seen in pics. Will post more pics but this was the highlight of my day and maybe for a while to come...

Rob

11. Pantdino

Pantdino Formula 3

Jan 13, 2004
    Full Name:
    Jim
    I was in the parade-- the first 10 cars were supposed to go onto Rodeo and the rest onto Camden.

Despite my registering on Oct 1 I wasn't on the main list or the parade list, so there was major confusion and I ended up driving around much of the area before I found the right lot at BH High School for the parade staging.

Hopefully someone will post a video of the parade on youtube so I can see myself. :)
    (Red 246GT-- the only one in the parade. There was also a GTS.)

I don't know how they chose the cars for the parade. I assumed they would want one of each type made but there were 3 Boxers and MANY types were not represented.

12. daveyator

daveyator Formula Junior

Jun 10, 2014
    Yucaipa, CA
    Full Name:
    Dave B

I think we chatted just as my son and I were leaving (grey 360). I'm glad I only spent 45 min getting the brake dust off my wheels!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

13. mchas

mchas F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 5, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mark
    #340 mchas, Oct 12, 2014
    Fantastic show. Been a member here for 10+ years now and have been to many shows - this had by far the most amazing collection I have seen in one place.

Got to see something very special when leaving...

14. ar4me

ar4me F1 Rookie
    Owner

Apr 4, 2010
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Jes
    #341 ar4me, Oct 12, 2014
    Then, here you are in the parade going up Camden... My wife may have you on video. I know she has Craig in the #611.

15. robertgarven

robertgarven F1 Veteran
    Owner

Feb 24, 2002
    Ventura, California
    Full Name:
    Robert Garven
    The funny thing was we all parked in the hot sun while the parking structure had 4 levels empty in the shade. They said they were going to open it to the public but never did . Yes the GT4 has no spoiler but ill wager the lowest hump is about as low as on any other models and does not like big humps. Luca did not show up, which was sad as I though it would be a good goodbye for all he did. It still was pretty nice and FNA still put on a very good show. I helped put on a few shows and there is allot more to them than you can imagine. I also saw lots of people leaning on and touching the cars on Camden, even though my feeling were hurt, by not being selected at least all the car got was a sunburn and a few scratches. They said a drone was going to do a flyover hope we made it. Good to meet you Dave, BTW beautiful car!

I was so honored to talk to Signor Ferrari, and even made him laugh! Parlo l'italiano non molto bene!

16. ar4me

ar4me F1 Rookie
    Owner

Apr 4, 2010
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Jes
    #343 ar4me, Oct 12, 2014
  17. Pantdino

Pantdino Formula 3

Jan 13, 2004
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Thanks!!

18. ar4me

ar4me F1 Rookie
    Owner

Apr 4, 2010
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Jes
    Unfortunately, I don't see you on my wife's video clips :(

19. Zedtt

Zedtt Formula Junior

May 29, 2005
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Terry
    #346 Zedtt, Oct 12, 2014
  20. TwiceBaked

TwiceBaked Formula Junior

Feb 19, 2012
    Lake Arrowhead Calif
    Full Name:
    Karlton Spindle
    #347 TwiceBaked, Oct 12, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2014
    Caution Rant ahead..
    Had a so so time.. SO It was FANTASTIC to see friends, see the Amazings cars.. But come on I have never been to a show that I felt so disconnected .
    A) Parties going on all over in the days before and never heard a word (Yes I know not everyone gets to go to the Galas but at least let us take over a few no host eateries together if we are the, unwashed Ferrari owner masses)
    B) Charity auctions going on cricket cricket chirp chirp
    C) Get up early to get to the staging point only to find out there was no caravaning the cars, it was get your sticker and go.
    D) PARKING on the roof are you kidding me? WHY did I bring my car? To trip an ego counter for some Exec at Ferrari? There was enough room for all the cars on the streets.
    E) HOSPITALITY "PENTHOUSE" filthy small deal. How was the popcorn?
    F) Miscommunications to all about the parade.
    G) A LAMBO got a better parking spot on Camden then I had on the roof.
    Did I mention the people saved the day? We do have a great group of people but this was a sad day for Ferrari...

Less then 800 REAL cars they kept counting people who went in and out and in and out.. And they counted a few NON Ferraris. ya know they all look alike.. HAHAHA

21. TwiceBaked

TwiceBaked Formula Junior

Feb 19, 2012
    Lake Arrowhead Calif
    Full Name:
    Karlton Spindle
    #348 TwiceBaked, Oct 12, 2014
  22. rcallahan

rcallahan F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jul 15, 2002
    Santa Barbara
    Full Name:
    Bob Callahan
    Ten years ago Ferrari put on an event on Rodeo. It was good.

My gut feeling is FNA planned a similar event the FCA (which I'm not a member) jumped in and said to FNA, "we will provide 1,000 cars, a record! FNA said cool, go ahead! So this is what we got. The ones that drove hundreds of miles to make the event and ended up scraping their cars into a ****ty public lot blocks and floors away from Rodeo then given popcorn and pretzels in our "hospitality" suite were used. maybe I'm wrong on all this but I've been to Ferrari events in the past. This did not measure up. But, the 60 cars that FNA gathered were beautiful!

23. glenv6

glenv6 Formula 3

Jul 4, 2011
    New York
    Full Name:
    Glen
    #350 glenv6, Oct 13, 2014
    I caught them pushing the car before you jumped in, Don...