The SACramento Region Exotic Driver's (SACRED) Group Thread | Page 40 | FerrariChat

The SACramento Region Exotic Driver's (SACRED) Group Thread

Discussion in 'California & Nevada (Northern)' started by SillyPuppy, Jan 6, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. KODE3F1

KODE3F1 Rookie

Jan 10, 2013
    Santa Monica
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    #976 KODE3F1, Aug 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    New to the NorCal Area, sold my 360 and now have a 911 Turbo. Looking to connect with some others who love to drive their cars etc. Another enthusiast and I are trying to start a Cars & Coffee at The Fountains in Roseville and would love to have some FCars come over..

More important, would love to join the drives. I'm doing a charity car rally in SD (CRUISE 4 KIDS) and will be back in Sac ready to go after Sept 7th.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. SillyPuppy

SillyPuppy Formula 3

Aug 2, 2005
    Wonderful! It'll be great to have you and your 911T along! Would also love to hear about how the rally goes for you... and to talk local car meets!

We'll meet that morning at the usual El Dorado Hills meetup spot - the Peet's at White Rock and Latrobe, meeting at 7:30 and leaving at 8:00 sharp.

See you then!

SACRED Drive, Sept. 6, 2014
    ---------------------------------
    1. SillyPuppy + 1 (F355)
    2. RM + 1 (S2000)
    3. KODE3F1 (911 Turbo)

3. ///Mink

///Mink Formula Junior

Sep 5, 2006
    Fair Oaks, CA
    Full Name:
    Tom Mink
    I've missed too many drives and events lately. Should be able to make this one.

SACRED Drive, Sept. 6, 2014
    ---------------------------------
    1. SillyPuppy + 1 (F355)
    2. RM + 1 (S2000)
    3. KODE3F1 (911 Turbo)
    4. ///Mink (550)

4. KODE3F1

KODE3F1 Rookie

Jan 10, 2013
    Santa Monica
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Just wanted to let you know that in my post I said I wouldn't be back until afer Sept 7th. Sorry I'm missing this one.. but you can count me in for every one after that :) Safe driving...

5. SillyPuppy

SillyPuppy Formula 3

Aug 2, 2005
    How did I miss that?! Very cool - looking forward to having you along!

And it'll be great to see you, Tom! I don't think we've gotten together since my car's been back in one piece!

6. KODE3F1

KODE3F1 Rookie

Jan 10, 2013
    Santa Monica
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    New to the Sac area with my TT (already posted) and looking for a great non-dealer shop for some random work. I need an air filter, need my front bumper removed and put pack on as the screws aren't aligned etc.

Im not a gear head or DIY guy, but if anyone has a garage and they want to help i'd be more then happy to pay for lunch/dinner/beers.

7. SillyPuppy

SillyPuppy Formula 3

Aug 2, 2005
    You're likely going to want to join the rest of us who go to Salerno Motorsports, up in Rocklin. Ben's the best Ferrari guy in the Sac area, but his knowledge and passion for Porsche is right up there with his love for the Italian stuff...

Tell him I said Hi!

Orrie

8. 4RE RaCer

4RE RaCer Rookie

Mar 6, 2004
    California
    Full Name:
    KT
    +1 Ben Salerno and his crew are the only ones that I will allow to touch my Ferrari.

9. KODE3F1

KODE3F1 Rookie

Jan 10, 2013
    Santa Monica
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Good deal. I will give him a shout. How does his labor rates compare to Niello?

10. SillyPuppy

SillyPuppy Formula 3

Aug 2, 2005
    Good question. Compared to my previous Ferrari mechanics in town, Ben was more expensive, but he actually gets things done correctly, so you DO get what you pay for in this regard. I wouldn't go to anyone else, honestly. He truly cares for the cars he works on, and for these temperamental beasts, you just HAVE to.

Guys, still plenty of room for drivers on Saturday! I'm putting the finishing touches a nice route this evening, and plotting out our brunch/lunch location - I know some of you would like a change from the usual bistro in Plymouth...

11. ///Mink

///Mink Formula Junior

Sep 5, 2006
    Fair Oaks, CA
    Full Name:
    Tom Mink
    Great drive again yesterday - thank to Orrie for setting it up! Sorry I had to bail on lunch, a friend called with a request for help. Anyway, in the course of helping him, I met a guy with a lovely Maserati GranTurismo who wants to join us for a drive.

Looking forward to the next one!

12. SillyPuppy

SillyPuppy Formula 3

Aug 2, 2005
    Thank you, Tom, for coming! Nathan, having you along was a wonderfully pleasant surprise - sorry our plans changed and we hung the left instead of the right in Georgetown. I knew you'd be turning back there, and I hope you saw me wave farewell.

Tom, definitely bring the new guy along next time! I really enjoyed the drive with everyone, despite the traffic being a little heavier than I (or anyone else?) expected. I wanted to run up to Loon Lake, but I didn't want Nathan to run any later than I already knew he'd be!

I've got some family business to take care of in the coming weeks, but I am tentatively planning for the next run to be on Saturday, Septmeber 27th. I hope some more of you folks will join us! Does that work for you, Nathan, Tom, Ryan, Dave, Jay, and mystery GranTurismo Guy? :)

Orrie

13. F430GB

F430GB F1 Veteran

May 5, 2008
    Reno, NV
    Full Name:
    Gil Folk

I will tentatively plan on making the drive on the 27th.

-Gil

14. SillyPuppy

SillyPuppy Formula 3

Aug 2, 2005
    Wonderful, Gil! Always love having you along!

Orrie

15. KODE3F1

KODE3F1 Rookie

Jan 10, 2013
    Santa Monica
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Anything going on this weekend around Sac?

16. ///Mink

///Mink Formula Junior

Sep 5, 2006
    Fair Oaks, CA
    Full Name:
    Tom Mink
    There's a fledgling Cars and Coffee event every Sunday in Folsom. I went to one of the first ones. Wasn't a huge turnout, but may have grown since.

17. SillyPuppy

SillyPuppy Formula 3

Aug 2, 2005
    Gents (and ladies!),

Just a reminder - we've got another drive this weekend, ending at that lovely bistro and winery in Plymouth. As usual, we're meeting in the usual EDH location at 7:30, departing at 8:00am sharp. I'm anticipating a group of local NSXs joining us, should be a great time, with a nice group.

SACRED Drive, Sept. 27/2014
    ---------------------------------------
    1. SillyPuppy (maybe +1) - F355 Spider
    2. James - NSX

18. ///Mink

///Mink Formula Junior

Sep 5, 2006
    Fair Oaks, CA
    Full Name:
    Tom Mink
    I'm guessing we won't be going up Ice House/Wentworth Springs Road. :( Last drive was right before the fire.

SACRED Drive, Sept. 27/2014
    ---------------------------------------
    1. SillyPuppy (maybe +1) - F355 Spider
    2. James - NSX
    3. ///Mink
    ...[/QUOTE]

19. SillyPuppy

SillyPuppy Formula 3

Aug 2, 2005
    Yes, the fire has crossed that road, and it's closed for a while. I can only imagine what it'll look like when we journey up there next summer. It'll be sad, for sure, as the reservoir we normally stop at (Stumpy Meadows) has been engulfed by the fire. Most likely, we were one of the last driving groups to see it as it was. :(

Interestingly, there was a fire that got quite close to the winery, but I do not believe we'll be seeing any of the damage done by that one, either, on Saturday.

We're expecting a partly sunny day, not too hot, for the drive, so those of you with convertibles should be able to enjoy the drive "al fresco". Looking forward to a beautiful, fun day with friends, old and new!

Orrie

20. SillyPuppy

SillyPuppy Formula 3

Aug 2, 2005
    Fear not, folks! Today's rain will be gone by evening, and roads will be nice and dry by Saturday morning for our drive. High temperatures should be in the mid-70s, resulting in a wonderfully cool, possibly even chilly, early morning portion, with perfect conditions for the day, up to and including the winery brunch! Hope you fine folks will join us!

Orrie

21. jm3

jm3 F1 Rookie

Oct 3, 2002
    United States
    Full Name:
    JM3
    #997 jm3, Sep 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I wont be able to make it, first day of deer season and all that.

Here is a pic to remember what our roads looked like before the King Fire.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

22. SillyPuppy

SillyPuppy Formula 3

Aug 2, 2005
    Yesterday's run was utterly fantastic - the weather held up (though it didn't always look like it was going to!), the roads had very light traffic, and the new road I'd added to the route was not only as wonderfully twisty as I'd hoped, but it was freshly paved. Traffic that was in front of us, especially on the twisty parts, generally moved over for us as soon as they could. All in all, a spectacular run of about 120 miles, ending with a brunch at the winery in Plymouth. All of this while avoiding any hint of smoke or fire from the calamity that's still not over in the foothills.

Hope you'll all join us on the next run - they seem to get better and better each time!

Orrie

23. KODE3F1

KODE3F1 Rookie

Jan 10, 2013
    Santa Monica
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Anyone want to go out on a drive this Sunday?
    Finally back in town and want to spin her wheels :)

24. SillyPuppy

SillyPuppy Formula 3

Aug 2, 2005
    Wish I could. The car is going to be on display at the Sac International Auto Show this weekend. The weather should be perfect, though, so you should definitely go out, guys! Next weekend, I should be able to go out, unless I bring the car in to figure out a minor issue. How about the rest of you fine gentlemen?

Orrie