Button | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Button

Discussion in 'F1' started by Rosso Veloce, Oct 5, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Formula 3

Jun 28, 2004
    In F1 a POS car will make even the best driver looks bad, give button and kimi a better car and see what they can do. They have the speed but not the car to do it.

Shame if button out of F1 next year.

2. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE

Indeed Lewis Hamilton and Jenson were more evenly matched in terms of results, during the three season they spent together as teammates at McLaren (2010 – 2011 – 2012) that most people think:
    Jenson scored two Grand Prix victories less than Lewis (8 versus 10) but actually slightly more points (672 vs 657).
    Lewis Hamilton: 3 + 3 + 4 victories and 240 + 227 + 190 points
    Jenson Button: 2 + 3 + 3 victories and 214 + 270 + 188 points

Count me also in the “select fan club”, as I like the guy and his attitude. I would be very sad to see him pushed unceremoniously aside of the track in 2015, I don’t think he deserves this. However, there is a fact that unfortunately is against him: he will be 35 in January, and is actually the second “oldest” man on track after Kimi Räikkönen, who will be 35 this very Friday (Oct 17th). That may seem stupid for an argument, only speed / results should count, but “age” doesn’t help.

Rgds

3. ARTNNYC

ARTNNYC F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jul 8, 2005
    NYC, FL
    Full Name:
    Jerome
    Jenson would make a great team mate with just about anyone

4. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Jenson's fault is that he is so relaxed during interviews that he doesn't seem to care about the result.

5. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    He certainly did "match up well."

Beat Hamilton in total points scored the 3 years they were together.

6. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    Would be very very silly if Mclaren doesn't retain his services next year. he's good for another 2-5 years i think.

7. smart_alek

smart_alek Formula Junior

Jun 12, 2005
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Hamilton took some valuable lessons away from his time with Button. Tire preservation is something he got better at after being bested by Button in that category for a while.

8. nsxrebel

nsxrebel Formula 3

Jan 8, 2004
    #33 nsxrebel, Oct 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  9. Mulehead

Mulehead Formula Junior

Jun 6, 2012
    Like I've said if ferrari could get him a two year would be great for developing the new car with vettel . Uncle ron might not want button but he has driven for honda before and honda may force Dennis hand because button I hear has a big following in Japan

10. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    alo+seb at Honda-McLaren i tell you...

11. nsxrebel

nsxrebel Formula 3

Jan 8, 2004
    #36 nsxrebel, Oct 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  12. dennymeister

dennymeister Karting

Jan 30, 2013
    If alo en vet @ mcl who @ ferrari beside kimi? Jules not an option as i thought ferrari planned it

13. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I can go with that, likewise IMO Button got himself fired up by wanting to reinstate himself as a good driver up against top dog Hamilton.

14. nsxrebel

nsxrebel Formula 3

Jan 8, 2004
    Not just Hamilton, but he's also gone up against Vettel in a superior car. How quickly do we forget that Button finished 2nd behind Vettel a couple of years ago.

15. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    LOL I like that :)
    True enuff, it's that killer instinct that IMO Button seems to lack sometimes, however he did very much impress me in Brazil I think, in the race to clinch his WDC title, with a stella drive, a lot of folk said he was going to blow it.

16. toil

toil F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Apr 23, 2014
    Button would be obvious choice

Wonder if buttons following in Japan is because he's slaying some Japanese *****?

17. nsxrebel

nsxrebel Formula 3

Jan 8, 2004
    well, half Japanese *****! :p

18. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    another good reason why ferrari hasn't announced anything and why drivers like Grosjean mentioned multiple times that he is waiting on ferrari to decide what to do since jules (God bless his soul) is no longer in the cards.

at least that's how i see it lol. just one personal speculative theory in a sea of speculation.

19. Neonzapper

Neonzapper F1 Rookie

Oct 19, 2008
    MD/FL/Philippines
    Full Name:
    Mykol
    Getting back to the OP and thread...IMHO, look for JB next year- driving FIA WEC

20. Swobber

Swobber Karting

Mar 25, 2014
    Id like to see him en LMP1 ... He Can be very smooth in his driving style.

21. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Formula 3

Jun 28, 2004
    i can see button have a successful run in WEC with porsche

better than staying in this dying and boring F1 :D

22. Swobber

Swobber Karting

Mar 25, 2014
    Nissan LMP1 maybe?

23. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    If JB is out of an F1 ride I would rather see him retire rather than go to what might be called a lesser series. It's one thing for a young buck who gets tossed out of F1 after a season or two to continue in another series, but for someone with a long F1 career and a World Championship it looks a little desperate. The one exception I can think of in the modern era is Mansell, and the Indy car series back then was leagues ahead of where it is now in just about every way. My personal hero Phil Hill did it, but that was a very different era.

24. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

+1

25. Swobber

Swobber Karting

Mar 25, 2014
    I dont see LMP1 as lesser cars.
    They are as High-tech as an F1 car.