Repro Dino tools | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Repro Dino tools

Discussion in '206/246' started by TonyL, Feb 26, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Simon1965

Simon1965 Formula Junior

Feb 8, 2011
    HKSAR
    Full Name:
    Simon

Hi tony the carb key was also supplied with Fiat cars at the time. Look on ebay for "vintage fiat tools". They come up from time to time at reasonable prices.

2. Simon1965

Simon1965 Formula Junior

Feb 8, 2011
    HKSAR
    Full Name:
    Simon
    #52 Simon1965, Jul 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  3. iii56

iii56 Karting

Feb 21, 2014
    S.E.Asia
    Full Name:
    J Jericho
    PM Sent

4. Edward 96GTS

Edward 96GTS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    i dont think tony is reproducing the brown crushed grain vinyl tool pouch for the 206 and early 246.
    if anyone needs one, i have a brand new one for sale or trade. $300
    send email if interested or want pix.

5. TonyL

TonyL F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2007
    Norfolk - UK
    Full Name:
    Tony
    Hi Guys

Thank you for all the interest in these items, I have been inundated with requests for these but most of them are sold or reserved.

Just waiting for a small batch of pouches to be finished.

Lyle Tanner I believe has the carb keys in stock for a reasonable cost so best you contact him and then this will complete your kits.

Anyone wanting screwdrivers, jack bags or the early helical window crank, then please contact me.

6. possum

possum Formula Junior

Sep 27, 2008
    australia
    Full Name:
    johnno
    Received my assortment of tools today and like every body else I was blown away with their accuracy and their quality,there are a few more tool kits here down under that are now complete thanks to tony,s efforts a big thank you to Tony and his manufacturer for making these tools available and for all of us to admire their craftmenship.

7. TonyL

TonyL F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2007
    Norfolk - UK
    Full Name:
    Tony
    Aww Johnno you have me blushing this end. Really glad you like them and hope you like the full tool kit I sent you today, it was the last one so look after it.:))

Tony

8. stradman

stradman Formula 3

Jan 8, 2004
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Stradman
    Well done Tony, very nice work.
    Of course the black marketeers in tool kits will hate you but so be it.....

9. ccferrari

ccferrari Karting

Aug 11, 2005
    Hi Tony, just received my tools and tool bag. Excellent workmanship, craft, art, engineering, etc. As well, exceptional service and quick mailing. Couldn't be happier. I feel very lucky...Thank you VERY VERY much!

10. possum

possum Formula Junior

Sep 27, 2008
    australia
    Full Name:
    johnno
    Just received my toolkit in the last hour fantastic,10 fold what I have said before about Tony,s commitment and passion for producing these toolkits , I must say a few of us are very fortunate indeed to say we have one of these toolkits although we would all like original sets for our cars for some of us it was not to be, until Tony took up the challenge to make the next best thing and I am sure glad he did.

11. Sal Manzur

Sal Manzur Formula Junior

Sep 12, 2004
    Upland Ca
    Full Name:
    Salvador Manzur
  12. TonyL

TonyL F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2007
    Norfolk - UK
    Full Name:
    Tony
    #62 TonyL, Nov 7, 2014
  13. tx246

tx246 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Shawn
    Nice!!!

14. dinogts

dinogts Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Maybe Kelmark should get into the tool business! Then the Kelmark owners could have their own set of fakey-do tools to match their Dinos.

15. dinogts

dinogts Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

#65 dinogts, Nov 8, 2014
    How about this other, extremely rare 8/9 SIRCODIN?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

16. TonyL

TonyL F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2007
    Norfolk - UK
    Full Name:
    Tony
    Not seen one of those before, these are quite rare items if I read the DC correctly.

I love seeing these little gems pop up now and then.

Thanks for sharing.

Tony

17. TonyL

TonyL F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2007
    Norfolk - UK
    Full Name:
    Tony
    There is no need for Kellmark to take up the challenge as Superformance now sell these items.

18. Edward 96GTS

Edward 96GTS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    i dont believe the rare 8/9 sircodin has any ferrari tool kit use. correct?

19. simonc

simonc Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Herfordshire, UK
    Full Name:
    Simon Campbell
    Are the Superformance tools 'your' copies then? Or have they made them as well. If they have made them it would be interesting to know how good they are.

20. ryanbushell

ryanbushell Formula Junior

Mar 25, 2012
    England
    Full Name:
    Ryan Bushell
    I am now in the process of reproducing Dino jacks. They will be identical to an original. Will post photos here shortly.

21. Jezter70

Jezter70 Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2013
    Surry (from UK)
    Full Name:
    Jez
    Hi Ryan,
    I would be interested in obtaining a jack handle knob from you if you are making these to the original design, for the repro jack you are manufacturing ..... the only bit i am missing from mine and impossible to find!
    BR,
    Jez

22. ryanbushell

ryanbushell Formula Junior

Mar 25, 2012
    England
    Full Name:
    Ryan Bushell
    Jez,

Send me a PM, I should be able to help you out with that.

Thanks,

Ryan

23. dinogts

dinogts Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

It came with the toolkit for my gts - as an extra. I have never seen any of these anywhere else. Also, despite several Google searches, I was never able to find any information on SIRCODIN as a tool manufacturer. Anyone else ever had any luck finding SIRCODIN?

Other than the standard links to Dino toolkits, the only other SIRCODIN reference I have found was to a 2008 article about pharmacies ("chemsits and druggists") in Kashmir deciding to "refrain ourselves from illegal sale of Codeine drugs like Corex, Sircodin, Phynsydrl, Mits and Fortwin . . ."

"Chemists not to sell Codeine in Pulwama, Shopian

AYUB JAVAID

Pulwama, May 22: The representative body of chemists and druggists in two districts of Pulwama and Shopian Thursday decided to stop sale of Codeine drugs to end the menace of largescale consumption of these drugs by a section of youth in the society.
    Disclosing this general secretary Chemists and Drugists Association Bashir Ahmad Rather told Greater Kashmir that mushroom consumption of Codeine drugs in both the districts has posed a challenge to human society and the chemists being part of society have decided to come forward to curb the challenge for general public interests.
    President Bashir Ahmad Dar while confirming the pro-people verdict said that decision to refrain ourselves from illegal sale of Codeine drugs like Corex, Sircodin, Phynsydrl, Mits and Fortwin was taken in a meeting convened by assistant drug controller here to motivate the chemists to prevent the misuse of life saving medicine by vested interests.
    Dar added that the association has decided to submit an affidavit before the authorities in which stern action against the violators will be consented by the association.
    “Henceforth the association will not plead the cases of violators before the administration” the president added.
    When contacted assistant drug controller Nighat Jan said the laudable verdict of chemists will serve as a milestone in efforts to maintain control over drugs in her area besides an end to drug addiction Nighat asked the shopkeepers to maintain proper record of sale of sensitive drugs and produce the same on demand by authorities.
    When contacted a senior member of doctors association Kashmir Dr Rashid Parra hailed this move on the part of chemists but suggested implementation of drug act in the state to ensure better results in this direction. Meanwhile, a drug control office and district vigilance cell sealed five unlicensed medical shops at Tahab village Thursday."

24. TonyL

TonyL F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2007
    Norfolk - UK
    Full Name:
    Tony
    They are "Tonyl tools", has a nice ring to it!!

Good luck Ryan, post up the pics on here so the repro "tool" thread is complete. Cannot wait to see the end product, I made engineering drawings for them but didn't bother in the end. Would be nice to see these come to fruition.

25. TonyL

TonyL F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2007
    Norfolk - UK
    Full Name:
    Tony