100MPH ticket - Attorney Needed | FerrariChat

100MPH ticket - Attorney Needed

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by Fcar99, Jan 23, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Fcar99

Fcar99 Karting

Apr 6, 2009
    Any one know of an attorney or other that can help with this ?

Officer Friendly had no sense of humor.............

Recieved on a Sunday morning on the way to Supercar Sunday.

Feel free to PM or leave word here.

2. petearron

petearron Formula Junior
    BANNED

Jul 1, 2009
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    jeff
    Where did you get it?

Did they give you any other tickets such as wreckless?

Shoulda floored it lol

3. Fcar99

Fcar99 Karting

Apr 6, 2009
    10 Freeway is where he said he saw me, rolling from PCH to the 405 North:

Pulled over at 405 and Santa Monica.

No other tickets.

4. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

5. rcallahan

rcallahan F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jul 15, 2002
    Santa Barbara
    Full Name:
    Bob Callahan
    Call in sick! :)

6. fatbillybob

fatbillybob Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    Were you going 100mph?

7. aln

aln Karting

Sep 5, 2013
    Los Angeles
    i've been stopped a few times but the officer has always let me off (usually after chatting about the car). my wife on the other hand, who is a much more conservative driver, is not so lucky in her klunky SUV. go figure. :)

i happened to see the link that @srfcity posted a few months ago and decided to try ticket clinic for her. i'll be darned if it didn't work. no points, no traffic school, and we didn't even have to pay anything for the ticket. complete exhoneration and their fee was less than the price we would have paid for the ticket. so i'm now a fan.

HOWEVER, i would talk to someone higher up there about the specifics of the ticket before committing to them. 100mph is a serious ticket and i just don't know if they have an equivalent success rate for tickets in that category. but it is at least worth a phone call.

good luck!

8. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    Just curious, what exactly do you need an attorney for ? Because you weren't speeding anywhere near 100MPH and the LEO ("Officer Friendly") in the process of doing the job we are paying him/her to do made a serious error or mistake by only assuming you were speeding or he/she caught the wrong car/driver and you have enough evidence to prove it, but need an attorney to present this evidence accurately ?

9. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

I'd be curious if a ticket for 100 mph is the same as doing over 100? If so they throw the book at you. If not, you can probably still do the traffic school thing and chalk it up. If you weigh costs attorney vs. none you'll probably get your answer of which way to go. If you can do traffic school that might just be the best way this time.

10. 121Designer

121Designer Formula Junior

Aug 15, 2013
    Burbank,California
    Full Name:
    Joshua Lange
    I was written up for 97 on the 110 Freeway. In parentheses the officer wrote "speeds well in excess of 100". When I got to court the judge asked me if I thought the freeway sign was the speed limit. I said "gosh no, I thought I was on the 60 sir." Didn't amount to more than a ticket and I wish you the best of luck with this. If he was off by one mph it changes the charge, so seems negotiable.

11. jlonmark

jlonmark F1 Rookie

Mar 29, 2005
    Beverly Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Jay
    For some reason there are always cops on the 405 N. right above the 10. I've been pulled over for no plates in a brand new car. IDK why there are always there. I live fairly close and always get on the 405 at SM and always see people getting pulled over. At any rate.
    [email protected]

This guy takes care of our family and friends

12. rcallahan

rcallahan F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jul 15, 2002
    Santa Barbara
    Full Name:
    Bob Callahan
    Better call Saul! He knows a guy who knows a guy that can make it disappear.

13. Roupin

Roupin Formula 3

Oct 7, 2013
    Encino
    Full Name:
    Roupin
    Sending PM. Good luck.

14. R5Turbo2

R5Turbo2 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Sep 14, 2014

what Agency is the LEO from ?
    CHP.
    LAPD.
    Sheriff.
    UCLA PD.
    SM PD.
    Culver city PD ?

15. lear60man

lear60man Formula 3

May 29, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Christian
    I get it, Open freeway....early in the morning....no traffic. You blip the throttle and spin the roulette wheel. You lost. Bummer, find out the repercussions and then decide if you want to hire an attorney. If its a couple of points and traffic school, man up and do it.

If its more serious, hire an attorney and ask for leniency. But in the end, your a big boy and know better. Go save you inner Andretti for some track days.

16. Jet-X

Jet-X F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Brian
    How does a judge even consider a ticket for 97 when the cop writes "speeds well in excess of 100". If you were doing over 100, then he should have written the speed. Not sure what writing up a lower speed when the assertion is you were going well in excess of that speed.

17. bobzdar

bobzdar F1 Veteran

Sep 22, 2008
    Richmond
    Full Name:
    Pete
    He's basically indicating to the judge that the 97mph ticket is already showing some leniency...

18. R5Turbo2

R5Turbo2 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Sep 14, 2014
    Wait what ? sorry, I didn't see the op come to the forum to get a reprimand from anyone.

19. R5Turbo2

R5Turbo2 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Sep 14, 2014
    Just hope for a very good traffic lawyer, all I can say is good luck to the OP.

20. Fcar99

Fcar99 Karting

Apr 6, 2009
    Ticket is infraction.

Actual code 22349 max speed law

Approx speed 100 - Lidar 98 MPH

I was only going 65 as posted.

21. lear60man

lear60man Formula 3

May 29, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Christian
    Cant preach to the choir because we are all members. Everyone here has gone above the speed limit, I included. The main point was we are all big boys and pay the piper sometimes. No reprimand intended, my number just hasnt come up.....yet:)

22. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

OK. I wouldn't bother with an attorney then. You can drag it out by doing a trial by declaration with postponements etc. Keep in mind that we're dealing with kangaroo courts these days and you stand little chance of winning doing it yourself, by the time it's all said and done. Or, suck it up and traffic school it. Good luck and the "I was only going 65 as posted" will be great for a court room chuckle.

23. dakharris

dakharris Two Time F1 World Champ

Jun 7, 2001
    Sleepy Hollow
    Full Name:
    Cavaliere Senzatesta
    22349 has two parts, A and B. A is speed in excess of 65, B is in excess of 55. I was ticketed for going 62, except the officer wrote down A instead of B. I lost my trial by written declaration but won in my live trial de novo because the judge finally recognized that it wasn't a crime to be going 62 in a 65 zone. The officer argued that the posted speed limit was 45....but that isn't what he charged me with. I was represented by counsel. BTW, I fought it because I have radar and when he lit me up I looked at my speedo and I was going 45.

You cannot win on merits. You will always lose a "he said she said" debate with the officer. The only way to beat a traffic ticket is to beat it on a technicality or use the weight of the justice system against itself. The day I spent in court, the first six cases were all represented by counsel, and darned if the cop failed to show for each and every one of those and the cases were dismissed. Coincidence? It is very difficult to win without legal representation and then you have to weigh the monetary cost and the cost of your time against the cost of the ticket and insurance premium increases. Good luck and slow down.

24. ashuri

ashuri Rookie

Dec 24, 2014
    Los Angeles,CA
    I got a ticket 6 months ago, "alleged" 64 in a 35. Pulled over by LAPD. Went to arraignment plead not guilty, trail date I spoke to officer (in fact at this court everyone got to speak to officer to change their plea). I explained to officer 1st ticket ever, I would drive safer etc and asked nicely for traffic school. When it came he lowered the speed to 50 in 35 and I did traffic school.
    $535 later I drive more attentively and obey ALL laws. FYI no lawyer involved.

25. R5Turbo2

R5Turbo2 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Sep 14, 2014

+1