The dilemma | Page 2 | FerrariChat

The dilemma

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Nickt, Dec 30, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Nickt

Nickt Formula 3

Feb 24, 2006
    Iver, Buckinghamshir
    Full Name:
    Nick T
    I was 18 when I went in my first GT4, I loved it! What do you think of the 16" wheels I have been offered.

2. racespecferrari

racespecferrari F1 Veteran

Jan 31, 2006
    Suffolk, Uk
    Full Name:
    Pete.G By The Sea
    Personally I think they look good. A nice period looking wheel. Too many purists shun simple changes, but aesthetically I think they suit it.

3. MondialNeil

MondialNeil Formula Junior

Apr 2, 2007
    Bucks,UK
    Full Name:
    Neil S Perry
    The 16 Superperformance ones are nice.

4. Beau365

Beau365 Formula 3

Feb 27, 2005
    Congested London
    Full Name:
    Beau
    I had a set of 16" Compomotive Ferrari split rims on my GT4. Suited the car really well.

5. Modificata

Modificata F1 Rookie

Apr 27, 2003
    Hampton, England
    Full Name:
    Andy Rasool

Nick

The 456 was the obvious thing that came to my mind too. Refined yet sporty and above all a Ferrari.

I've had my 456M GTA for a year now and use it daily. Commutes, supermarket shop, school run, etc etc. as long as it is properly maintained, the car is very reliable. My car was a bit unloved and so didn't get used much before I bought it, so I changed everything. Belts, tensioners, all filters, overhaul of cooling system. Now it's my DD.

Go for it. Better than a DB7.

6. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    Hi Nick
    Did you other car sell in the end, to give you funds for work needed?

7. Nickt

Nickt Formula 3

Feb 24, 2006
    Iver, Buckinghamshir
    Full Name:
    Nick T
    Sadly no Grant, the auction fell through, trolls ended up bidding and ebay had to refund fees etc..
    As you probably know I took a right hammering on the internet about the car, so i have decided to fix as many of the issues that i can (as identified by pistonheads and other chaps on the net).
    I am getting 2 new skirts/sills CNC made for me in Chicago, and replacing the front and rear sections of the car. A new screen is being fitted tomorrow and I will try and get it road legal.... Then sell it. Even if i don't get it legal having the body (so superficial!) looking better might help shift it.

As for the 308, i need to return it to OEM, so I need to replace the wheels and AC..

The master plan for the 308/456 will have to wait :(