how many 6 speed 430's were made | Page 2 | FerrariChat

how many 6 speed 430's were made

Discussion in '360/430' started by jnk, Nov 9, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. southnc

southnc Formula 3

Dec 25, 2013
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Adam
    Thanks, Taz.

This is great information to know.

Any idea on the break-out for ALL F430s (not just UK)?

2. Noblesse Oblige

Noblesse Oblige F1 Veteran

Nov 7, 2011
    Three Places
    Interesting. I strongly suspect that the F430 percentages are lower for US cars. There are simply fewer people who know how to use a gearbox properly. Ferrari would have known this and adjusted production accordingly.

3. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Adam- The only reliable data I have seen comes out of the UK. Maranello Concessionaires had an excellent reltionship with the factory and published booklets of production dates and numbers. Unfortunately they were broken up into three entities when purchased by the Penske group parent company.

I have seen nothing comparable coming out of FNA or Maranello.

The production numbers in Cavallino and Forza for the late model Ferraris are woefully incorrect.

4. hardtop

hardtop F1 World Champ

Jan 31, 2002
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I remember reading somewhere that Britain had the largest percentage of stick buyers (aka dinosaurs). Can't swear to it though.

Dave

5. mike01606

mike01606 Formula Junior

Feb 21, 2012
    Cheshire UK
    Full Name:
    Mike M
    Could well be true but mainland Europe used to be similar also.

Most (nearly all) UK people learn to drive and pass their test using a manual. If you pass with an auto you cannot then drive a manual without a further test.
    Going back 20 years I would say 95% plus of new cars were manuals. Nowadays it is a lot less as the current auto's are so much better than the old 3 speed slush box I had on my 77 Ford Cortina.
    A lot of it was also driven by fuel economy......the manuals were so much more economical and with fuel at several times what you guys pay (currently >$10/imp. gallon versus last week where I paid $2.8/us gallon) they needed to be!

6. bobster_rulez

bobster_rulez Karting

Mar 5, 2012
    Any idea of how many of the cars had lots of options? how many had upper and lower CF? How about CF in the engine bay?
    Or navigation? For what that cost there can't be that many that had the nav option, especially since it pretty much sucked.
    what about custom colored tops or other one of features?
    Finally what about colors? I assume red / tan is the most common but what about red / black? or TDF Blue

7. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    #32 tazandjan, Nov 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  8. sunir

sunir Formula Junior

Oct 30, 2014
    MD
    Full Name:
    Sunir
    Wow I would have thought black and yellow would be higher on that scale, higher than gray at least. almost every F car I see is red, black, or yellow it seems.

9. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Sunir- Gray includes Argento Nurburgring, Grigio Titanio, Grigio Ingrid, and Grigio Silverstone. Very popular as a group, especially on the V12s.

10. 2GT

2GT Formula 3

Aug 25, 2008
    Western NY
    Full Name:
    Fred
    I have an '06 F430 Spider three-pedal, in TdF Blue, with Cuoio and Blu Scuro interior, Daytona seats, Challenge wheels and blue top. Fred

11. mtmilam

mtmilam Formula Junior

Oct 24, 2009
    Lafayette, LA
    Full Name:
    Mark Milam
    I have a 08 430 spider gated 6 sp... I love shifting it. I raced my brother in his new California and we were dead even... I can shift it pretty fast, it does take a couple of weeks getting the downshift rpm blip right, but when it is, it's heaven :D.

Here is a video of Rowing thru the gears.
    Ferrari 430 and California, Laberge Rally, 2014 - YouTube

12. JNBLK08F430

JNBLK08F430 Rookie

May 16, 2015
    Anyone has any information on how many f430 coupe made in 2008 with f1 trans?

13. Way2fast

Way2fast Formula 3

May 24, 2006
    Santa Barbara County
    Full Name:
    Sam
    I think I may have the last 07 spider with a manual made. Built in Nov. 07

14. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    Welcome : if you'd read this thread from the beginning it should be clear that the absolute number of 430 is not certain so the number of 430F1 is not certain so your query is impossible to answer

15. Alizzi

Alizzi Karting

Aug 7, 2014
    Victoria, Australia
    Full Name:
    Matthew
  16. 916turbo

916turbo Rookie

Mar 7, 2015
    I stated my opinion already, I doubt that 15% of the F430 has a manual transmission.

Maybe it´s true in the UK, but in Europe mainland it´s about 1%. Of course this is only extrapolated:

1 month ago, I checked that 400 F430 were offered in Europe and 4 of them were real manual cars.

If 5% is the real figure and this is in my opinion a already high guess, than there would be approx. 500-1000 manual F430 produced world wide. Most likely there is only about every 50th car a manual car...

But I know the former 458 project leader Paolo and asked him if he can find it out...

17. blackbolt22

blackbolt22 F1 Veteran

Sep 25, 2007
    Boca Raton, FL
    Full Name:
    Mr. Anderson
    I have one too and it's a Nov 07 build also.

18. ArmenVanquishS

ArmenVanquishS Formula Junior

Sep 20, 2014
    Paris, France
    I completely agree with you, and besides I talked about this in an other thread.
    There were much more manual F430 in the US and in the UK than in France for example.
    To my opinion, there wouldn't be more than 1000 manual F430 Coupe/Spider ever made :)

19. rmarchjr

rmarchjr Formula Junior

May 21, 2012
    North east, USA
    Why is Ferrari so secretive about production numbers? Especially on a model discontinued 5+ years ago. Just about every other manufacturer publishes this same data. What are they protecting?

20. Kevin Rev'n

Kevin Rev'n Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2009
    Honolulu
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    It seems like the suppliers who made a key part would have the data for how many units they delivered. Even if they made 10-20% extra for the spare parts shelves that would get us pretty close. They key is which part(s)? and who made it?

21. sunir

sunir Formula Junior

Oct 30, 2014
    MD
    Full Name:
    Sunir
    because they can be.

22. Way2fast

Way2fast Formula 3

May 24, 2006
    Santa Barbara County
    Full Name:
    Sam
    Maybe they are twins

23. gsworld2014

gsworld2014 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2014
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Greg S
    Lol!! I'm young too but I have to say the rear engine cars look so much more exotic.. Although my favorites are the Ferraris of the 60's to 70's but I can't say i have any F cars I don't like

24. Bundy

Bundy Formula 3

May 18, 2011
    Arizona & Kentucky
    Full Name:
    Anir
  25. ArmenVanquishS

ArmenVanquishS Formula Junior

Sep 20, 2014
    Paris, France
    #50 ArmenVanquishS, Aug 21, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2016
    Does anybody know how much did it sell for ? :)