GTS/berlinetta poll. Have you bought or sold in the past 6 months. | Page 2 | FerrariChat

GTS/berlinetta poll. Have you bought or sold in the past 6 months.

Discussion in '348/355' started by INTMD8, May 18, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

Have you bought or sold a GTS or berlinetta in the past 6 months?

1. Yes I have purchased a berlinetta

2. Yes I have purchased a GTS

3. Yes I have sold a berlinetta

4. Yes I have sold a GTS

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. 348SStb

348SStb F1 Rookie
    Owner

John maybe I am not understanding your humor? There are tons of pictures on the net of 355s, naturally. The idea is to see pictures of the recently traded cars. Couldn't you advocate for both pictures and titles and sales contracts :)

2. Horsechat

Horsechat Karting

Jan 3, 2015
    Boca Raton, FL
    Full Name:
    Kurt
    #27 Horsechat, May 18, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Bought my 95 GTS red/beige 2 months ago.

Couldn't be happier. Actually found it thanks to Robb and Ken.

I didn't buy it to worry about prices going up/down. If they go down oh well. If they go up great. This car has been a dream for years. That's why you buy them. Even when your not driving it, just looking at it can give you a smile.:)

I do admit they are hard to find. At least from my 4-6 months of searching.

Here it is the day I bought it.... (I hope me being in picture doesn't take away from car and I still have that smile))):)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. phrogs

phrogs F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 13, 2004
    Michigan

Post yours first.

4. phrogs

phrogs F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 13, 2004
    Michigan
    yeah maybe a handful.

I mean the law of averages tells you that. Most of the original buyers have Probably passed by now. So you're like a 1%er.

1 ER One Percenter Sticker Vinyl Biker Truck Decal Car | eBay

5. GerryD

GerryD Formula 3

May 5, 2010
    North of TO
    Full Name:
    Guido
    #30 GerryD, May 18, 2015
    Last edited: May 18, 2015
    Ive had my finger on the pulse of the Ferrari car market for a long time, almost 35 years and its just too easy to see that these cars are on the way up. 355Bs were always available anywhere you looked. Spiders were more in demand. But things have changed. I said 10 years ago that the 95 was the car to have and many laughed with things like valve guides....something that is such and easy fix. in all the years since the 355 came into production, the Berlinetta has never been as scarce as it has become in the last 9 months. Lets face it, it is one of the most beautiful cars ever made. I had one of the VPs of a big car manufacturer looking at my 2 355s last night and he couldn't take his eyes off them. Even he said it is one of the best looking cars ever built and he gets to drive some beauties every day. If I didnt have a 355 now and could spend whatever money for any year 355, it would be a 2.7 6 speed B. Im sure most would say the same. The six speeds are also making a comeback and I've heard that Porsche will be offering more of them than they used to. Dealers would not put a 355 in their showroom for years but now are trying to find 355bs to show off. Its not really a secret that these cars are longed for and if you love them and don't have one......dont wait forever. They won't be getting cheaper. As for the 308....the carbureted 308 and the 328 is what people are after. The Testas have almost doubled in the last year. The secret to owning a 355 is to drive it and when not driving it, enjoy eyeing it as there is not a more beautiful car around. It seems to be like
    a good wine or a beautiful woman....they seem to get better with age.

6. Horsechat

Horsechat Karting

Jan 3, 2015
    Boca Raton, FL
    Full Name:
    Kurt
    +1 here

I even call it my 20 year old Italian girlfriend and my wife is ok with that. And she even comments how beautiful she is.

7. GerryD

GerryD Formula 3

May 5, 2010
    North of TO
    Full Name:
    Guido
    One of mine turned 20 last month. :) The other is just 19.

8. Robb

Robb Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    Beautiful car!

Robb

9. Oengus

Oengus F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

works for me

I have a 355 B and a 77 carbed 308 :)

10. Oengus

Oengus F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

she's a beauty !!

11. GerryD

GerryD Formula 3

May 5, 2010
    North of TO
    Full Name:
    Guido
    A well restored carbed 308 is worth around 200gs now.

12. INTMD8

INTMD8 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 10, 2007
    Lake Villa IL
    Sure, anything is possible but that doesn't change the fact that there is a constant influx of members newly acquired gts/berlinetta. That doesn't happen if no cars are selling.

Lets see what is available on cars.com.

We have the 98 F1 for 55k. Rebuilt title would likely put some people off.

Next up is the silver 99 F1 for 60k. I believe this is the one that people say has a 'storied owner' but I don't know much about the car.

Next one is the 98 Challenge car at 70 (purchased by Robb)

Next is the silver 98 F1 at 77k. I know nothing about it. Are the red interior inserts original?

Next is 99 GTS F1 at 80k. Again, I know nothing about it or how long it has been available.

Next is 97 3 pedal at 80k. I believe this car failed someone's PPI here? Leakdown/compression issues if this is the car I'm thinking of.

If someone wants a no stories 3 pedal car we are down to the last 2 cars. The black 97 at 99k and, if you want a red 2.7 car you can buy the 5k mile car for what 105k+? Maybe those cars are priced too high to sell overnight.

Really not a lot of options here for a "flooded" market!

13. INTMD8

INTMD8 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 10, 2007
    Lake Villa IL
    #38 INTMD8, May 18, 2015
    The more pics the better! (Love the GTS pic Kurt)

14. tr512

tr512 Formula 3

Apr 12, 2007
    canada burnaby bc
    Full Name:
    Michael
    #39 tr512, May 18, 2015
  15. Robb

Robb Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    #40 Robb, May 18, 2015
    Last edited: May 19, 2015
    I advised a fellow F-chatter against the black 98 F1 based on the mechanical problems needing tending vs current price...

The silver car in MN has the "owner" melt down issues - documented in the classifieds with like 60,000 views... And is an F1 car. Some love them. Many want a gated car.

Next up is our challenge car purchased months ago. Not sure how current their ads are... We love it.

The 98 F1 is a nice looking car but has an "over the top" excess of non-OEM carbon fiber everywhere. You also either want an F1 or not. More seem to want a gated car... Not sure all will like the seats. His $10,000 challenge that he has the best Berlinetta known to mankind is somewhat of a turnoff to buyers also.if it's the best, it would have sold by now. So,e prefer different colors although silver looks great to me.

The '99 silver GTS is gorgeous and priced to sell. It is also an F1 car. Market seems to be smaller for F1 cars. You either want one or not. I love this car!

I don't see the '97 3-pedal mentioned.

The black car for all the money looks great. The seller was ready to sell the car at a lower price but after getting quick several offers upped his ante. Nothing wrong with that but that turns off some who don't want to play the bidding game that may never end... So that may be a while why it sits. I suggest sellers set a price and don't play the real estate game. Cars are not like houses. You might have heard about a certain 575 gated 6 speed whose seller did the same thing. Angered many.

The red car for all the money has some questioning its true mileage or previous condition although it hadn't been driven since '99 on the road, and I have seen nothing to suggest otherwise. It's condition NOW is great. I like it.

The blue '95 gated car is a one of one in that color and option setup for well known Ferrari collector Peter Kalikow. It has been owned by two f-chatters and was traded for a 512M. The dealer selling the car has also been at the forefront for 512 TR and 512 M sales that some have suggested in other threads is trying to push the market with how many cars they hold thus controlling the most current asking prices. The only reason that some unfairly don't like the car is the higher miles. It is also currently all the money. Time will tell. No one would be blinking if it were a 993 turbo. This would be a prime car to send to that Ferrari specific auction to see where it would really come in at...

Hopefully this helps clear up what has been seen out there and where they stand.

Robb

16. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    There should be 1 355 mega market thread. It's hard to keep track of all of these threads. Keep it simple... You know.. Like the "CS Market thread," which has 750k views. CS' are $200-300k now. I would start the thread, but I would like to give Robb the honor of starting it :).

17. waynef355

waynef355 Karting

Jan 3, 2015
    Well said! :)

I bought mine because I love the car. I also have a F430. Owning the F430 is like owning an exotic and owning the F355 is a "dream come true" for me.

Was your a F1 or 6speed?

18. waynef355

waynef355 Karting

Jan 3, 2015
    #43 waynef355, May 19, 2015
    Here's mine...

I bought her 4 months ago. I did the major service, plus new clutch, plus new tires, and installed Fabspeed header plus Tubi exhuast. I also had light tinted all the windows including windshield as well as full car clear-bra protection.

Still deciding whether I should paint the top or not, ha

19. waynef355

waynef355 Karting

Jan 3, 2015
    #44 waynef355, May 19, 2015
  20. tres55

tres55 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2012
    Canada
    Bought my Rosso Corsa/Tan 98 F1 GTB in March of this year.

21. tres55

tres55 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2012
    Canada
    This poll is a little bit biased though considering I doubt many sellers are going to be hanging around on a forum specific to the 355.

22. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    Frankly, I'm having a hard time believing that there are 30 new owners here who have purchased any model 355 in the last 6 months let alone a B or GTS. It would certainly dispel the myth that Bs and GTSs are hard to come by.

23. RS6bird

RS6bird Formula Junior

Mar 20, 2006
    Lisbon, Portugal
    Full Name:
    RS6Bird
    Sold my late '97 Berlinetta about two months ago. Got what I paid for her two years and 20k miles ago...so I felt it was a pretty good deal. Got a 997TT which is a completely different animal, but very low mileage, so I can use again and move on.

I confess that I miss the Ferrari, its drama and noise. What a beautiful car, and lovely to drive.

24. INTMD8

INTMD8 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 10, 2007
    Lake Villa IL
    Great pics guys! I especially like the delivery photos :)

25. INTMD8

INTMD8 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 10, 2007
    Lake Villa IL
    Someone who sold may be gone. After I sold my first one I still had an interest in the car so I would check back here every week or so.