F1 GRAND PRIX DE MONACO 2015: RACE *** SPOILERS *** | Page 14 | FerrariChat

F1 GRAND PRIX DE MONACO 2015: RACE *** SPOILERS ***

Discussion in 'F1' started by SPEEDCORE, May 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. gt4me

gt4me F1 Veteran

Sep 10, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Lewis Mitchell
    What a cock up!

2. maulaf

maulaf Formula 3

Feb 24, 2011
    Cape Town
    absolutely agreed.

... let's celebrate that as a success?

He did that in a subsequent interview.

3. maulaf

maulaf Formula 3

Feb 24, 2011
    Cape Town
    If Hamilton was only remotely involved in making the decision to pit then it was his stuff up. He didn't want to go on with fading tyres because he overdrove them? His bad luck, his poor choice.

He could have stuck out for those 10 or what laps with plenty of them under safety car but he didn't want to.
    Strategy, split second decisions are all part of racing as much as the racing itselft.

4. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Yes as I previously posted there is usually 3 sides to every story, I figure this is the case here...

There again it does depends on which side of the fence you sit, that suits want one would want to believe.....as proven on here.

5. ypsilon

ypsilon F1 Rookie

May 4, 2008
    the Netherlands
    Apples and oranges. A bike isn't the same as an F1 car is it....

6. ARTNNYC

ARTNNYC F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jul 8, 2005
    NYC, FL
    Full Name:
    Jerome
    Although he is FAR from my favorite driver I feel for Lewis. He only wants to win

7. JJ

JJ F1 World Champ

Jan 6, 2010
    PA
    Full Name:
    Contrast. Kimi not in the fight. Again.

8. IamRobG

IamRobG F1 Rookie

Jun 18, 2007
    NY
    http://youtu.be/vU0Ja8d4AzA

So the team told him to stay out but he thought the other guys pitted?

The team should've insisted he stayed out and he should've listened.

Still a crappy situation regardless who made the mistake.

9. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    What a bonkers end to the race. Hamiltons team well and truly cocked that up and somehow managed to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. I've never seen a decision as bad as that in many many years of watching F1. Good result for the season as it keeps Ros and Vet in it.

As for the Vers / Gros incident - it is easy to blame the rookie, but the more I review the footage the more I see Gros deliberately position his car and then slam in the brakes way way early. I'll call it a racing incident.

10. PhilNotHill

PhilNotHill Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    Ricci is a better driver. Kimi is past his prime.

Hami could not get out of his car like the other men in the race. Boo hoo. Congrats Rosberg. Three Monte Carlo GPs in a row.

11. Crawler

Crawler F1 Veteran

Jul 2, 2006
    Apparently it will be on at 5:00, after the rerun on NBCSN this afternoon.

12. JJ

JJ F1 World Champ

Jan 6, 2010
    PA
    Full Name:
    In real time it sure looked to me like Grosjean braked early. After watching the replays I honestly couldn't tell and still don't know what happened. It'll be interesting to see what the drivers had to say about it.

Edit: I see Verstappen has been penalized for Canada so that is that.

Edit Edit: Verstappen blames Grosjean for braking early despite the penalty, so the case is still not closed!

13. ypsilon

ypsilon F1 Rookie

May 4, 2008
    the Netherlands
    Grosjean braking too early was my first reaction as well when it happend. Verstappen said the same thing in his comments .....

Seem plausible as wel, he may be a rooky be it's not the first time he raced; and the speed differences between Grosjean and verstappen when it happened are at least questionable...

Verstappen indeed penalized. For now.

Let see how this unfolds.

14. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    #339 TheMayor, May 24, 2015
    Last edited: May 24, 2015
    WHAT THE FREAK WAS THAT!!!!

Geez Mercedes. Did you screw the pooch today for Hamilton. You're only giving the guy $50 million a year. You would think you could bring him home with a 20 second lead with 10 laps to go.

I do not understand how there was no penalty for pushing Kimi. They gave Alonso one for something really similar IMO.

15. mnm

mnm Formula Junior

Jun 1, 2004

With tyre degradation being so substantial during races, hitting someone from the rear because he 'braked early' is a poor excuse. You're not in his car, you certainly can't tell how much worse his tyres are than yours and how much earlier he needs to brake.

16. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    It's six of one and half a dozen of the others fault...

Niki L stated we are a top team this should not have happened, he is apologetic to Lewis, and the first radio call Ham got when the race had ended, was apologies to Hamilton from the pit wall.

So it somewhat conflicts to the seemingly mind numbing usual remarks, saying the fault all lies on Hamilton's doorstep.... being realistic, doesn't enter the equation when some are concerned...thanks A-Con you have great mind washing skills.

17. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Ahhhhh, but I suspect that won't get into the stats when toil provides us with his theory about what really happened, I'm guessing this proves Nico gets favouritism over hamboner according to him, and I bet Ferrari were supposedly on the phone to Mercedes colluding with Vettel to let Nico win

18. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I think Ham gives you a boner ..:D

19. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    But you know what that parking bs was don't you? Even assuming he was thoroughly put out about the race, he was trying to give the illusion he was ayrton, parking where ayrton hit the barriers ! He was trying to show the world he thinks he is the ghost of Senna, doing a crap job of it I might add. Ayrton would be turning in his grave, he hasn't any of the charisma of the great man

20. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    On replay that was some hit Max took to his head.. phew seemingly okay as he walks away...

21. TurboFreak650

TurboFreak650 Formula 3

Jul 10, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    If "heart on sleeve" is the new way to say spoiled brat/poor sport, then so be it. ;) I think he is generally a poor sport, and acts like a child when things don't go his way. Today was only a mild example, but still backs it up.

22. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Oh no, a blocked krafty is posting directly after me, I'm guessing his head is purple with rage at the moment............. Hahah, never mind krafty, this forum is so much more fun without you and toil and your random universes of knowledge. At this point, I would probably enjoy reading your posts squirming around how it wasn't his fault, the team are biased, the car went wrong, the FIA timers should be sacked/investigated for feeding false information, it was the wrong type of radio call etc etc. the boy got beat by his own team and misinterpretation of race strategy, and in this case, even you, me or toil could have predicted what would happen if he pitted and told him not to do it, but he did, and it's hilarious watching him wriggle on the hook

23. 11506apollo

11506apollo Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 16, 2008
    Tx Co Ca
    Below average race till the safety car event. After that it felt like the last episode of a Latin Telenovela. I think LH was a victim here, bad decision, unfortunate judgment, bad call, whatever it was, he paid a high price for not winning specially after a brilliant race from lap 1 all the way to 68. Nico received this victory as a gift of destiny. I was proud of SF and Seb for keeping the car safe and fast, and ahead of LH. Now, having said all that, I still believe LH showed an emotional reaction, bordering childish, and short of a professional attitude worth $150 Million dollars.

24. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    To be fair to him, in the interviews, at least we didn't have the childish bs he normally spouts, and none of the nastiness aimed at everyone but himself, I guess we should be thankful for the attrition

25. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

So Max never used brakes early to maintain position and control while in front defending. Silly. He was going so fast its hard to tell if he would have made the corner to begin with. Grosjean has no reason not to brake if he wants to. Max made a mistake - he might want to simply own up to it. He hit Grosjean. Period. He had brakes and didnt use them. The Stewards got it right.