F1 GRAND PRIX DE MONACO 2015: RACE *** SPOILERS *** | Page 15 | FerrariChat

F1 GRAND PRIX DE MONACO 2015: RACE *** SPOILERS ***

Discussion in 'F1' started by SPEEDCORE, May 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    At the end of it he can sulk in his zonda with his new model girlfriend.

Tough life. I'll swap if you want lew lew

2. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

LOL - somehow he will move on!

3. DF1

He can also sulk in the La-Ferrari as well!!

4. Jackie and bill

Jackie and bill Formula Junior

Nov 29, 2014
    GB
    Full Name:
    William
    #354 Jackie and bill, May 24, 2015
    Last edited: May 24, 2015
    Lol, has anyone else just seen the video of the press conference were Vettel asked were was all the grid girls? The guys funny, some comment about him standing behind George or Dave :)
    Edited. Here you go, being I and Vettel were the only two to notice :). https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=T3aujCERTWA

5. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    I'll be just fine with the zonda. Col de turini just round the corner as well... I can think of worse things to do tomorrow!

6. TurboFreak650

TurboFreak650 Formula 3

Jul 10, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    It wasn't "bordering" on childish......

7. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    LOLOLOLOLO

8. Ferraripilot

Ferraripilot F1 World Champ
    Owner Project Master

May 10, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    John!
    I thought he snapped up a P1 Mclaren too

9. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    It was fun to watch the last laps..crapilton trying to overtake Seb, he was so useless, Seb must heve been laughing all the way.....as i said, karma catch up with Lewis today, that victory oin 08 was as good as Alonso's one in singapur...time to pay Lewis...don't worry, in canada will be worse!!

10. ATBNM3

ATBNM3 Formula 3

Nov 17, 2003
    Sunny Isles
    Full Name:
    Don Jackson II
    Hamilton showed pure grace in the face of the absolute worse case of getting done by your team. Rosberg again showed his pure lack there of in his gloating like he actually won by his driving ability and not by a massive team error gifting him the win. His smugness makes Jeremy Clarkson look humble.

11. DF1

Then he just needs the 918 to really live large lol!

12. DF1

Overall considering their profession they were both gracious. Move on. Old news.

13. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    So, I have a couple of questions

1) Why was anyone at Merc, including Hamilton, thinking to come in with a Safety car out and 10 laps to go? The Safety car would have eaten up 3 or 4 laps. Unless he had a puncture there was no possible advantage of getting new tires. Rosberg was not a threat ever in the race.

2) If they brought in Hamilton's, why didn't they bring in Rosberg also? Did someone say "he, this is really dumb idea" and decide not to follow the orders given Hamilton?

3) Why didn't Hamilton's DRS work? Did he just forget he had it or he didn't think it would help or he was just too frustrated to realize he had it? Sure he could not have beaten Rosberg but 3rd was pretty poor showing.

4) Why did Hamilton stop half way around the track after the race and then seem to drive as slowly as he could? Was he sulking? Talking the crew? Wanted to say "hello" to his favorite corner worker? Had a mechanical issue? Or just venting to himself?

Inquiring minds want to know!

14. bernardo66

bernardo66 The Crazy Cat Man
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 14, 2003
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Bernie
    Yup. And him purposely smacking into the 3rd place placard spoke volumes.

15. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Really? You got that from his interviews? Are you watching a different set of interviews to the rest of the world? I thought he showed a great deal more understanding and respect than hamboner ever deserved

16. daviday

daviday Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 26, 2013
    New York
    Full Name:
    Davide
    Anyone missing audio on NBC?

17. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Verstappen looked awesome throughout the race, have to say. Great overtaking and instinct. All drivers make mistakes and it seems he has today (I don't have all the data, stewards do. Max says grosjean braked earlier than before, I'll give lettuce boy benefit of doubt). Max made a mistake, nothing wrong with that.

18. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    It is a long season and today proves that skill is not always enough. Sometimes Lady luck is with you and sometimes Lady Luck is against you. Nico will get just what he deserves eventually at the end of the season...

19. Dolcevita

Dolcevita Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 5, 2011
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Craig
    At least the drama made it more interesting than a parade. If we didn't have the merc/LH screw up we would only be talking about Max.

20. maulaf

maulaf Formula 3

Feb 24, 2011
    Cape Town
    Dude, here is some help for you:

21. maulaf

maulaf Formula 3

Feb 24, 2011
    Cape Town
    I also found the RBR quite impressive and I liked that they gave Ricci a shot at Hamilton and after not succeeding he handed the place back to his team mate. Great racing and great fairness.

22. Ferraripilot

Ferraripilot F1 World Champ
    Owner Project Master

May 10, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    John!
    Wait just a moment, what did Nico do wrong? Lewis and the team wanted tires, he went in, came out at the wrong time. How was that Nico's fault? Nico then graciously stated the obvious, which was that he lucked into the win and that Lewis was faster all weekend. Nico has a strong affirmative defense and did nothing wrong. Lewis and his engineers on the other hand did make the mistake, and a big one indeed.

23. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    When I first saw it, I posted the question as to if Grosjean brake-checked Mad Max. It's beginning to look more and more like that is the case.

24. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    + 1...Team Lewis is solely responsible for today's result. Nico did what he should do, and that is to capitalize on the mistake.

Not Rosberg's fault in any way, shape or form. Lewis will bounce back, I'm certain. Sometimes mistakes just happen.

25. sammysaber

sammysaber Formula Junior

Dec 21, 2011
    Wonder what would have happened if Hamilton had overtaken Vettel - would Toto/Lauda had asked for a position swap with Rosberg ?

That would have been a very tough call either way.

Best,

Sammy