Value of a late '89 930? | FerrariChat

Value of a late '89 930?

Discussion in 'Porsche' started by Doug, Sep 15, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Doug

Doug Formula 3

Nov 13, 2003
    Louisville KY
    Full Name:
    Doug
    #1 Doug, Sep 15, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    At a PCA meeting last night and was talking with a friend that has a 1989 930 with low miles in a very rare color, Salmon Metallic???? I know years ago when I had a 930, the last year cars were the most valuable at the time with the 5-spd trans. Where do they stand today with the craziness of the 930 market? The car has under 50k miles. Currently rides on Kinesis Supercups, but he has the original 16" Fuchs. Has aftermarket headers Fabspeed and exhaust, but those are easily sourced back to original. Car is about as clean as you can find and was signed under the hood this summer at Porsche Parade by Wolfgang Porsche, if that means anything???
    Here is a picture of his car
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. jlonmark

jlonmark F1 Rookie

Mar 29, 2005
    Beverly Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Jay
  3. MM355

MM355 Formula 3

Apr 7, 2008
    GMT + 3
    Its a $100,000 + car

4. Rostami6

Rostami6 Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 24, 2013
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Amir
    Don't listen to these people. It's worthless ;)
    On the serious note, is he selling it?

5. Mang

Mang F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 11, 2007
    ta HO
    Full Name:
    Mike S.
    Suggest putting the Fuchs back on if any discussion of selling. If you have them, flaunt them, they are loved by all. Offer the aftermarket set as a bonus, or perhap sell 'em off. Beautiful car!

6. Rostami6

Rostami6 Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 24, 2013
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Amir
    +1. I was gonna say that too. Mang knows what he is talking about.

7. Mang

Mang F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 11, 2007
    ta HO
    Full Name:
    Mike S.
    Thanks Amir :)

8. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

I bet that car is north of $125 k and possibly north of $150 k.

9. Doug

Doug Formula 3

Nov 13, 2003
    Louisville KY
    Full Name:
    Doug
    I think it would be for sale if it was in the $150s. He really wasnt planning on selling it but when he called Hagerty and another appraiser for insurance valuation purposes they shot him numbers in the $150k range. The car is spotless front to back and underneath. His suspension and wheel wells are cleaner than most peoples paint.

10. Fritz Ficke

Fritz Ficke Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 3, 2006
    Tucson, AZ.
    Full Name:
    Fritz Ficke
    I agree with the above comments, but to answer your question about where the 89 930 stands to day in the 930 market. I would say it has lost ground to the 75-77 3.0 and the 78-79 cars are next in the order of desire in the market.
    I would attribute this to the fact that it is no longer a used car and has falling under the collector car status.
    Like most collect cars the first and earliest tend to be the most valuable.
    Drivability is of less concern to collectors, so the G-50 trans 89 car is rare but not as important as the lightness and purity of the earlier cars, especially the 3.0 cars.
    I would agree, as clean and nice as that car is, 125K Plus should be possible and if it were a 3.0 that clean it would be twice that.
    Your friend has a beautiful nice 930.

11. Michael B

Michael B F1 Rookie
    Owner

Apr 28, 2004
    US of A
    Full Name:
    Michael
    #11 Michael B, Sep 20, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Looks like Sienna Metallic to me. I say that from experience. I also say that the car would demand $150k+ at the right venue.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

12. 1990ruf

1990ruf Karting

Jun 12, 2013
    Naples FLorida
    Full Name:
    Paul
    IS it still for sale?

13. Doug

Doug Formula 3

Nov 13, 2003
    Louisville KY
    Full Name:
    Doug
    Saw the owner and the car today at a local car show. Joked with him because he actually had a price posted on it in small numbers for $140k. Color is actually L81L which is velvet red metallic. Car was also signed by Wolfgang Porsche on the underside of the front hood this summer at Porsche Parade.