Wheel question | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Wheel question

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by ScottS, Nov 21, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 4th_gear

4th_gear F1 Rookie

Jan 18, 2013
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Regarding the differences in appearance, I agree camera angles and lens distortions, never mind Photoshopping, are routinely exploited in sales materials. It's always advisable to see Ferrari items for yourself and they often actually come across better in the flesh. The HGTE look is always an attractive iconic one for an Fcar.

It looks like the previous owner added some upgrades. I can say I'm keen on dark wheels but these do compliment the interior and CF details. Enjoy your "new" ride!

2. Alex@TAG

Alex@TAG Formula Junior
    Sponsor

Feb 24, 2015
    San Diego, CA
    Full Name:
    Alex@TAGMotorsports
    The tire sizes are a bit different however the wheels can be switched back and fourth - we have done it several times :)

3. Eric R

Eric R F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2014
    The Woodlands, Tx
    Full Name:
    Eric R.
    Scott, congrats on the purchase. I looked at that exact car when it was at their Woodlands location and it was spectacular. I love everything about that car especially the seats. However, they are non-adjustable so my wife could not see over the hood so I had to pass. All the little carbon bits just set it off really nicely.

4. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    #29 ScottS, Nov 28, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Thank you. Your post means a lot. I'm somewhat nervous having not seen it in person and generally being a black car guy but I thought it looked so special.
    I'm told the seats can be adjusted by the dealer. I need to have them raise the passenger seat - thanks for reminding me.

Good price - lowered and then a slight discount all with renewed CPO one year with maintenance- thought it was worth the risk.

Saw this and confirmed my decision - maybe a black roof wrap- SAME WHEELS!

Special two-tone California to lead Ferrari fleet at Goodwood
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. Eric R

Eric R F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2014
    The Woodlands, Tx
    Full Name:
    Eric R.
    Just to clarify what I meant is that the seats have two fixed positions for height that require unbolting, reposition and rebolting. Other than that they only slide back and forth. That was fine with me but is someone short like my wife (5'1") it most likely will not work. Plus the hassel of manually adjusting them means the competition seats will not work for us in any Ferrari. It sounds like you will not have a problem and the pictures you have looked at do not do this car justice. It is striking in person and is spotless. I looked it over completely because I thought it was a very good price for a documented car. I trust you will post up your reactions once it is delivered.

6. Brumma

Brumma Karting

Jan 24, 2015
    West Hollywood, CA
    Full Name:
    Christopher

It's a manual adjustment to slide the seat forward and back, and a powered switch to adjust backrest tilt. Seat height is fixed, and can be adjusted via bolts by your dealer.

7. Wheelb

Wheelb Formula 3
    Sponsor

Feb 17, 2009
    Miami, Florida
    Full Name:
    Wheels Boutique
    #32 Wheelb, Dec 1, 2015
  8. Eric R

Eric R F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2014
    The Woodlands, Tx
    Full Name:
    Eric R.
    Not here to be in a piss match but Chris, I do not recall an electrical switch that adjusts the seat back. That was on of the reasons my wife did not like the seating position. As reviewed with the manager, the seats slid back and forth manually, adjusted up and down a single position via the bolts previously discussed and that was it. If there was a switch on the side like most seats I do not recall seeing it. Still it was perfect for me, not my wife.

9. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    #34 ScottS, Dec 2, 2015
    From the dealer- the passenger seat does not have the bracket to adjust height only the driver. I do not know if there is a part that can be added.

I agree with you Eric - there are no electrical controls on this seat

Scott
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

10. Brumma

Brumma Karting

Jan 24, 2015
    West Hollywood, CA
    Full Name:
    Christopher

Here's a picture illustrating the switch...

[​IMG]

11. tajaro

tajaro Formula Junior

Mar 22, 2009
    Gulfport Florida
    Full Name:
    Erik V
    Ha... In the future you should say "I'd bet..."'' vs. I'll bet..." because you could make a case that you "would have" vs. actually did...

Actually... he didn't take you up on that - so you're probably clear...

:)

12. sg69

sg69 Karting

Aug 23, 2009
    VA
  13. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    Great

I have those wheels on my car- pictures to follow. They are stunning in person. May even look better on a Nero car.

Scott