Jenson button and Jessica michibata divorce | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Jenson button and Jessica michibata divorce

Discussion in 'F1' started by toil, Dec 22, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. greg 19425

greg 19425 Formula 3

Jan 6, 2011
    Wake Forest, NC
    Full Name:
    Greg
    ......about the $$$$, easy come, easy go. He can live on half his NW, if that is the case.

2. nsxrebel

nsxrebel Formula 3

Jan 8, 2004
    anyone with even a sizable fraction that much money can survive post-marriage. it's your regular everyday joe that gets taken to the cleaners. Divorce laws are BS.

3. blackbolt22

blackbolt22 F1 Veteran

Sep 25, 2007
    Boca Raton, FL
    Full Name:
    Mr. Anderson
    It may be for the best, but it's often very painful and the pain lingers for a long, long time. I know firsthand.

4. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    I never had that feeling.
    I am the eternal optimist, and I easily move on.
    Life is too short to dwell on the past, IMO.

5. blackbolt22

blackbolt22 F1 Veteran

Sep 25, 2007
    Boca Raton, FL
    Full Name:
    Mr. Anderson
    I envy you. I've been divorced since last summer and have met someone else but still think of my wife all the time.

6. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    I'm glad you like marrying so much mate, as then the 1 in 4 is actually reduced risk for the rest of us as you are the statistic! Haha. Only joking

7. Whisky

Whisky Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    I think she is 'entitled' to only a part of what he made since the marriage, and nothing
    he made before that.

8. Whisky

Whisky Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    You must be...

???

You keep your wealth you made BEFORE meeting them,
    anything you make after is fair game.

I stayed single for 35 years, dated someone almost 4 years,
    divorced her after 17 years, am dating someone now for almost 1.5
    years, and neither of us want to get married, there is too much to
    lose financially if either have major medical issues.
    BUT - there is really no reason to get married, it doesn't 'prove'
    anything at our ages.

9. 4rePhill

4rePhill F1 Veteran

Oct 18, 2009
    Worcester, England
    Full Name:
    Phill J
    I can't help thinking that Jenson and Jessica getting married was simply a bit of a desperate attempt to save a struggling relationship - A desperate throw of the dice that it would give them closer ties (For many people, they have a great idea how to save their relationship: Either get married, have a child together, or both!).

Sadly, it's rare if either of these two options ever really work in the long run, but still people try them!

A big problem for Jenson and Jessica is the fact that they both have careers in different parts of the World that keep them apart from each other for practically the whole year, and currently, neither wants to sacrifice their career for the other.

However (and it may be the old romantic in Me but), I still think Jenson and Jessica will end up together again one day, deciding that they were right for each other after all and that it was just the timing that was wrong!

10. Luxury.

Luxury. Rookie

Jun 25, 2014
  11. greg 19425

greg 19425 Formula 3

Jan 6, 2011
    Wake Forest, NC
    Full Name:
    Greg
  12. scudF1

scudF1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Billy
    I believe that if they were right for each other they would stay together regardless. It is a short term problem (the distance and different business schedule) as Button's career will end some time soon anyway.

13. Jana

Jana F1 Veteran

Mar 4, 2015
    And? You're okay if someone marries you because you have money, then takes a hunk with them when they leave? Odds are, if you had money before, then you'll continue to make it because of what you accomplished BEFORE the other person arrived. I'm sorry, but I work too hard for what I make to give it away to someone else simply for having sex with me, and if you've got that kind of money, they have no other tasks assigned. Rich people aren't cleaning their own homes, mowing lawns, etc.

In this case, it might not be about money because she is a professional who probably makes a good living, but I still don't think she's due any part of what he made while they were married. I fail to see her contribution.

As to the issue of being separated for so long - military wives have made that work for decades.

14. 09Scuderia

09Scuderia Formula 3

Nov 20, 2011
    USA
    Full Name:
    Max
  15. 4rePhill

4rePhill F1 Veteran

Oct 18, 2009
    Worcester, England
    Full Name:
    Phill J
    I see this thread is still full of the same old unsubstantiated suspicions and accusations being thrown at Jessica! :rolleyes:

16. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    I think I'd rather wait and hear from one or the other what happened, I don't find its ever easy to read others relationships from the outside, and it's unfair to apportion blame, especially when neither may actually have any blame to start with, it could be a simple growing apart

17. FrostyAK

FrostyAK Formula Junior

Aug 6, 2005
    Anchorage, AK
    I love all the gold digger comments.

Seriously, how badly have you been burned to have such a low opinion of women and relationships?

A five + year relationship doesn't exactly scream insincerity.

18. ginge82

ginge82 Formula 3

Jul 23, 2012
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Art Corvelay
    FWIW, Heather Mills and Paul McCartney were together for 5 years or so and even his children doubted her intentions...and were right.

19. 4rePhill

4rePhill F1 Veteran

Oct 18, 2009
    Worcester, England
    Full Name:
    Phill J
    NEWSFLASH!!!!!!!!!

Jessica Michibata is not Heather Mills!

And in other news:

Not all women are the same!

20. Jana

Jana F1 Veteran

Mar 4, 2015
    For the record, I never said Jessica was a gold digger. I specifically said she had a career and her own money, but so many women who marry money don't and they're marrying only because the man has money.

But I still contend that I don't think she should be entitled to anything he earned while they were married, and I stand by that. I realize the law may or may not differ from my opinion, but that's what it is.

21. joker57676

joker57676 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 12, 2005
    Sin City
    Full Name:
    Deplorie McDeplorableface
    It blows my mind a bunch of guys care so much about this. Really. Their life, their business. I don't know either one to say what did or could have caused their separation (if I cared). For all we know, Jessica was a loving, devoted wife and Jensen was sticking it in a different girl in every city. Maybe she was knee deep in men? Maybe they just fell out of love? Maybe Jesen and Fernando "get along" really well? We don't know and wild speculation is worthless.

Mark

22. Jana

Jana F1 Veteran

Mar 4, 2015
    Now, THAT might make F1 interesting again. :)

23. bobzdar

bobzdar F1 Veteran

Sep 22, 2008
    Richmond
    Full Name:
    Pete
    For some people, money isn't the most important thing. It may be difficult to understand their choices when it is to you.

24. Jana

Jana F1 Veteran

Mar 4, 2015
    I love that you make that judgment about me not even knowing me. You're wrong.

What I am is a former CFO and tax preparer who saw every manner of scheming woman try to take men for their last dime. Women who haul kids to other countries and tell them things like "we just need to get your dad's money then we never have to speak to him again." When you are exposed to a lot of people with money and you see that kind of behavior over and over again, it's hard not to get jaded about a certain type of woman. And there are a LOT of them out there.

25. BJJ

BJJ Formula 3
    BANNED

Feb 25, 2014
    #100 BJJ, Jan 14, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2016
    Since you are not (a man), you are missing details.

Video consent is not sufficient under German law. Simply because she can bar you from showing to third persons (judges, for example) due to her "right to the own picture". I rather recommend a written agreement, confirmed by a notary public, on a daily basis.

Further, simple consent is neither sufficient. Consent with what? This needs to be listed in detail and not by a general generic phrase lacking any clarity ("sleeping with one" in a narrow interpretation, literally, is just that, sleeping!).

Male birth control using a condom is far from sufficient. A man must be sure that the woman has no opportunity to steal relevant male body fluids when he is mentally absent or simply sleeping (in the literal sense). This makes it neccesary for a man to be awake permanently, as long as he is accompanied by a woman. I would use three condoms over each other (in anticipation of a technical failure) and never take them off as long as a woman is around.

Only then (when she is away), then thoroughly flush it, because she otherwise might try to fetch it from the outdoor garbage bin with bad intentions. In particular in winter she need not hurry,the stuff remains fresh for days at low temperatures.

Cheers, Bernhard

;) ;) ;)

P.S.: It is so simple for men, marry a woman with about the same amount of money. There are very attractive and gentle ones around, although you will not pick them up at the usual places. But this does not mean to exclude women with less, since I believe that the mayority of them is not of the gold digger category. Gold diggers may be identified quite rapidly by observation of their behaviour. And optical attractivity definitely is no circumstantial evidence for being a gold digger ...

If things go really bad, then there often is a history of disrespect, wherein the wealthy man treated the "poor" woman like his property and not as an independent and respected person. Frankly said.