When Ferraris Break | FerrariChat

When Ferraris Break

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by TooTimidAndCheap, May 6, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TooTimidAndCheap

Jul 19, 2015
    #1 TooTimidAndCheap, May 6, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2016
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8_GiMZqZNk[/ame]

2. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    If you have a rental fleet like he does your experience will be different than owning YOUR car. To let an engine mount get that bad requires seriously deferring maintenance and ignoring vibration for quite some time. Door locks.. Replaced both in my Boxster as well, 60k miles on my 360 and both work fine. A front suspension breaking... Abuse and stupidity by a renter. Possibly a seriously worn balljoint. People buy them because when maintained properly they're actually pretty reliable!

I like how GTR transmission failures weren't mentioned..

3. 360Tom

360Tom Formula 3

May 9, 2013
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Tom
    That's a funny video. 430 taillights fall off all the time? News to me. That guys seems like a total clueless tool. And he even admits not knowing much about the Ferrari line.

I couldn't even get through it. He's pretty painful to listen to. I think I'd rather have dental work than listen to that guy.

4. tikitiki

tikitiki Formula 3
    Owner

Aug 31, 2014
    Windermere, Fl
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Is it just me or does anyone else go to watch a link and end up watching 20?

5. Four7EightBHP

Four7EightBHP Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 20, 2005
    USA - Colorado
    Include me. That site is infinitely interesting.

Ferraris, along with any other car, break after advance indications are ignored. That's why when I have my car serviced, there is a standing order to "fix anything else you hear, see or smell and don't like".

6. TooTimidAndCheap

Jul 19, 2015
    #6 TooTimidAndCheap, May 8, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2016
    I got sucked into these two. Set aside an hour!

Cops Chase Ford GT
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Yd88whKZ28[/ame]

Super Speeders Best Cop Moments - Part 1
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBfGCiwFyEo[/ame]

7. Schulz308

Schulz308 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 21, 2014
    STL USA
  8. Statler

Statler F1 World Champ

Jun 7, 2011
    different strokes. not a fan of any of the three vids posted. An hour? You spend/spent an hour watching people run from police?

Edit: oh, never mind Read rest of your posts.

9. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    I don't really get the point either.... especially the collecting the tickets part... the sarcastic joking just makes exotic owners look like Idiots.

so if you get that many tickets how on earth can you still have a license? and for that matter be taken seriously for putting others lives at risk on the open road. the guy in the Ford GT should be in jail with no ability to drive anything in the USA.

10. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    Rob Feretti, the guy in those videos, is the owner of Gotham Dream Cars (big exotic rental firm on the east coast) and a few media companies.

I think he's a real enthusiast, and what you see in those videos is a character that he plays and not the real person.

that said I agree that some of the driving in those videos is criminally irresponsible.

11. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    I think Feretti is a member here if I'm not mistaken.

Sent from my TRS-80 using Tapatalk

12. tatcat

tatcat F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2001
    panama city beach FL
    Full Name:
    rick c
    Ferraris don't break
    they fail to proceed

13. robiferretti

robiferretti F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    NYC area
    Full Name:
    rob ferretti
    i'm a member here, anyone that is saying the failures on the cars are a result of abuse or failing to maintain them is drinking too much of the koolaid. Next time you walk into a Ferrari dealer shake each tail light and side mirror on a 430 some of them will be lose. Happy to have a discussion about any points I make in my videos.

@360Tom, good news is I also do Dental work on the side, PM me to arrange an appointment.

14. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    Good luck in Prison. or walking, which ever happens first.

15. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    Like that guy on Jalopnik.. using a Ferrari to get attention by claiming it's such a POS by over exaggerating problems that occur is equally culpable. I'm sorry you didn't mention 996 IMS failures or 997 IMS failures, GTR transmissions grenading, etc. etc...

Oh wait.. nobody gives a rats about Porsches because their uncle has one. Mention a Ferrari and people pay attention...

16. 360+Volt=Prius

360+Volt=Prius Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2013
    Western Mass
    Full Name:
    Raimondo

I don't understand this?

17. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak

Rob

Didnt realise you were a member here! Entertaining videos, I enjoy the bullrun ones, I'm guessing some members here miss the point that the bullrun IS a cat and mouse run with the cops from once place to another, and forget that driving fast does not necessarily mean driving nuts, all depends on the skill of the driver.

I have had the loose taillight issues on the 430 that you speak about in the video, having to have them adjusted twice in two years of ownership. On the whole, I've found my ownership of most marques pretty good, the only major issue being a split radiator on a 599 which was made expensive by (a) price of a radiator and (b) removing most of the front end to replace it identified various suspension parts that were worn and were replaced just because we might as well with them exposed at that point!

Glad to see you can make a living renting these cars out, I always imagine most renters might be pretty hard on the cars

18. Statler

Statler F1 World Champ

Jun 7, 2011
    What did yo think of the shoulder passes in the gt40 vid?

I have no problems with fast driving… it's the weaving in and out (and on shoulder) in traffic that puts it out of driving fast category into driving nuts category.

19. Schulz308

Schulz308 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 21, 2014
    STL USA

+1
    Furthermore there are a heck of alot of youngsters reading these posts! I always make it a point to tell them that There Is A Time And Place For Everything, The Track Days Are For Driving Nuts! The Public Roads Are For Driving Safe!

If you think your a great driver then come play with the big boys on the track and lets have at some real fun!

also @ daytona355 "You can practice your dental work there too" HaHa

20. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro

21. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    Well said... however I would hope that they don't drive nuts on track days either. I might be out there too.

22. TooTimidAndCheap

Jul 19, 2015
    Does everyone here drive 55mph?
    If so, why bother with anything more than a Plymouth Scamp?

23. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    What is it with some of you guys, are you that dull when driving your cars? Jeez, I didn't see anyone get hurt, nor any crashes. Get over yourselves. I've done a gumball, and it was awesome, my racing licence says I'm pretty good at it too!

Oh, and what the hell are the dentist references? Someone off their meds today?

24. Statler

Statler F1 World Champ

Jun 7, 2011
    So the passes on the shoulder are ok?

25. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    I hear Gremlins are back in fashion.

:D