ford gt application | Page 8 | FerrariChat

ford gt application

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by islandtrader, Apr 13, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rockitman

rockitman F1 Veteran

May 31, 2015
    Upstate, NY
    Full Name:
    Christian
    Apparently it's about what's good enough and green...not what's best....FIA Eco bull****.

2. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    yes at least for the street version...

3. 2006m5

2006m5 Formula Junior

Dec 19, 2008
    huntingdon valley PA
    It would probably been nice ...but what do we know.

4. 1idman

1idman Rookie

Jan 9, 2016
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    N.G
    #179 1idman, May 4, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  5. ScuderiaWithStickPlease

ScuderiaWithStickPlease F1 World Champ

Dec 17, 2007
    NY Metro
    More on the hoops people have to jump through:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKiMBaxwIB0[/ame]

I'm getting tired of the limited numbers in which more and more worthwhile cars are being produced -- it's actually getting boring.

6. DoctorV8

DoctorV8 Formula Junior

Jun 29, 2004
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Sanjay
    The 3 HP won't (even though it will be far more than 3 in production spec), but the 600 lb weight advantage does.

"Feel" is extremely subjective. Back when I had a Whipple on my FGT, with 720 rwhp, it was an absolute torque monster, would destroy my 458, and felt every bit of it....the 458 felt like an S2000 in back to back drives with the modded GT.

I suspect your "miniscule" prediction about the performance difference might lead to a serious rethink of the definition of that word.

7. DoctorV8

DoctorV8 Formula Junior

Jun 29, 2004
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Sanjay
    Man, I'm late to this thread, but post #22 is one of the best takedowns I've ever seen on a forum. Funny how TheMayor, who responds to basically everything, was rendered mute regarding nearly all the points made by DBK....

8. DoctorV8

DoctorV8 Formula Junior

Jun 29, 2004
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Sanjay
    Tall gearing worked well with the wall of torque that the old GT made, esp when modded, but I would wager that the overall gearing of the new car will be very 458-esque.

9. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Agreed. Fortunately there are so many exotics these days, even the limited ones don't last long at the top of desirability.

10. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    I thought to myself, "This can't be real..."

*taps link*

"Lmao, it's f***ing real!!!"

*smh, but adds to cart anyways*

11. MalibuGuy

MalibuGuy F1 Veteran

Sep 18, 2007
    I'm hoping to order the Ferrari Carbon fiber toothbrush. $1999.99 retail + 49.99 S/H

It's lighter and faster. I'll shave off a tenth of a second everytime I brush.

12. 355dreamer

355dreamer F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 3, 2006
    DC Metro
    Full Name:
    L.C.
    +1

13. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    #188 TheMayor, May 14, 2016
    Last edited: May 14, 2016

I'm not sure what you're talking about because I've been proven right. Now that it's over, it was a giant PR stunt from Ford.

Of all the people who put up youtube clips telling Ford why they want a Ford GT, exactly Zero will be getting one. The Ford PR department thanked them for their support.

Ford will build 500 Ford Gt's. Most will go to owners of dealerships, Ford's biggest parts suppliers, some of the wealthy and celebrity types, big Ford stockholders, some will go to previous Ford GT owners, and almost none will go to your average Joe with check in hand.

I'll say it again.

If Ferrari had told owners to put up a youtube clip of themselves explaining why they deserve to be a buyer of a LaFerrari, it would be completely ridiculed here.

Ford has no intention of entering the "super car" market. It's going to leave again as soon as this production run is over. Their only interest is to give their brand some needed publicity.

That's a PR stunt no matter how you look at it.

Is that a knock on the car? No. It's not the first time it's been done and it does not discount it's value as an engineering feat.

However, let's be clear here -- it's just Ford spending money to maximize it's brand. Ford has no desire to make cars of this class otherwise.

14. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    You apparently haven't been paying much attention.

15. dbk

dbk Formula Junior

Sep 21, 2005
    SE Mich
    #190 dbk, May 14, 2016
    Last edited: May 14, 2016
    I am speechless. I am without speech.

It is literally crazy to me that someone can be so committed to repeating incorrect information over and over and over because they are literally incapable of admitting they are wrong.

I'll leave it to you to go procure yourself copies of both the corporate dealer communication detailing what specific level of dealers are eligible for a personal allocation, and the terms and conditions of the retail customer application so you can see, in print, that you are wrong. Don't take my word for it. Although I will say your point is becoming increasingly muddled. Do you think alot of "average joes with check in hand" show up to spend $500k on a car? Do they have to have specific jobs, like say be a plumber, to fit into the "TheMayor is never wrong" narrative?

Quoted for posterity. See you in ~90 days. You're gonna want to bring some Dermoplast.

16. werewolf

werewolf F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 29, 2007
    Full Name:
    goodbye
    My take is (and has been) slightly different ...

Among those "selected" by the youtube vetting process, very few will actually pony-up the necessary $$$$ when the time comes. At that point, several 'delivery' cars will be available from the dealers ...

17. DPGT

DPGT Karting

Aug 23, 2012
    Pa
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Dbk,

You hit the nail on the head. My dealer also gave me a copy of the dealership transmittal. There won't be many (prob 15) dealers that would be able to hit the requirement to even get an allotment.

Look we are only 60-90 days out so we shall see.

My question is would anyone give up their Speciale to get into the Ford GT? I had an 05 and it was a monster but lacked all things Speciale. Still miss it though.

If my ticket gets punched I will have to ponder this one very hard. Forget what the value would or hell might be for the GT. Who knows. It could very well flop. 6506 actual finalized applications put in but most likely 1/2 would be pulled after the first sift.

Poll?

18. dbk

dbk Formula Junior

Sep 21, 2005
    SE Mich
    And before it comes up, the cars allocated to dealers HAVE to be registered to a designated individual (franchise majority or minority owner) and kept for a minimum of two years.

19. DoctorV8

DoctorV8 Formula Junior

Jun 29, 2004
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Sanjay
    Shocking, TheDelusionalMayor disagrees with me, and decides to lash out.

Proof of delusion-alitude.

Despite being systematically and repeatedly debunked by DBK, he responds with

You just keep thinking that, bud. Have a nice weekend.

20. ttn27

ttn27 Formula 3

Sep 30, 2010
    TX
    Full Name:
    TN
    Dbk, correct me if I am wrong, there are no cars being "allocated" to dealers per se. If the owner of the dealership wants a car, then he has to apply as a personal application like any of us. Whoever gets picked, then he/she will designate which dealer where the car will be delivered to. So the cars that are "allocated" to dealers already belong to a designated individual that was picked by Ford through the application process. The owner of the my designated dealer said that he will also apply for the NFGT as a personal application.

21. DoctorV8

DoctorV8 Formula Junior

Jun 29, 2004
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Sanjay
    You are correct, sir.

22. LI2782

LI2782 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 19, 2010
    I'm confused by the people saying the FGT is a bargain at $500k as if it's intended to be a super car. I was young when the last GT came out, but I remember it as being a 430 competitor, not a super car. Is this one being compared to super car only because of the production number?

On another note some of the videos that've come out have been quite well done.

23. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    The only difference between this and the P1/LF/918 is that this isn't a hybrid. Everything else about it's construction and development is similar to that of those limited cars. In fact, it's arguably more expensive since those cars share stuff with other models in past, current, and future development.

How you define value is a personal choice I suppose.

24. dbk

dbk Formula Junior

Sep 21, 2005
    SE Mich
    Almost. There's a very small group of dealers that automatically qualify to get a car for themselves based on performance criteria, but again, those cars must be titled and held personally for a couple years by someone in the S&S agreement. I'm just going to assume they are all taking their allocation, though I suppose it's possible 1 or 2 may not. The last year I could find, 23 stores for the year out of 3,000+ hit that level of qualification. There's also going to be an additional lottery for dealers just below that qualification level.

Otherwise, yes, all allocations will be made to an individual who will then choose which dealer it goes to.

Unless TheMayor tells me otherwise.

25. otis

otis Karting

Mar 5, 2011
    Mpls

What he said! That's very few dealers and more for the rest of us.