Ferraris en Venezuela - Branko remembered July 2, 2011 | Page 23 | FerrariChat

Ferraris en Venezuela - Branko remembered July 2, 2011

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by Aardy, Nov 29, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tomgt

tomgt F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 22, 2004
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Tom Wiggers
    Spotted in NL summer 2012, Grey, Bumpers

2. BEX 313

BEX 313 Rookie

Aug 7, 2011
    #552 BEX 313, Jun 7, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  3. Aardy

Aardy F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Feb 21, 2004
    France
    Full Name:
    Cyril TESTE
    Very interesting. Thank you very much !!

4. jsalgatti

jsalgatti Karting

Mar 14, 2009
    #554 jsalgatti, Jun 7, 2013
  5. biz5300

biz5300 Formula Junior

Oct 27, 2007
    Germany
    Full Name:
    n h
    I have trind To find this car a while. It has à lwb chassis so it cant be a Fiat.. I believe its one of the 3 long chassis siata vignale 208s.
    Nik

6. fjdr

fjdr Rookie

Dec 14, 2009
    Venezuela
    250 GTE in Barquisimeto, Venezuela

[​IMG]

7. Sire Bruno de Losckley

Aug 1, 2006
    in my file i have:

Gp de la cité Satellite - Trinidad

1er Maurizio Marcotulli 250 Testa Rossa #2
    3em Ettore Chimeri 250 GT "TdF" #?
    ? Julio Pola 250 GT "TdF" #117
    ? Lino Fayen 250 TR #18

is it my same event?

8. emunoz167

emunoz167 Rookie

Nov 21, 2005
    Caracas, Venezuela
    Sorry for late reply !

I was browsing the Forum for other reasons, and to answer quickly your question, yes, there were two La Trinidad GP, one in Nov. 1958 and another in Mar. 1959.

Take a look at the 1958 GP here:
    PASION A LA VELOCIDAD Y MOTORES ? Ver Tema - 1958 Ier CIRCUITO CIUDAD SATELITE LA TRINIDAD

And here is the 1959 GP:
    PASION A LA VELOCIDAD Y MOTORES ? Ver Tema - 1959 MAR 15 II CIRCUITO CIUDAD SATELITE LA TRINIDAD

You may notice that there are several missing pictures, these were hosted using Imageshack free hosting service. Due to a new policy by Imageshack, starting Nov. 1, no more links to Forums or blogs will be allowed for free accounts, if you want your picture hosted, you will require a premium account. In Venezuela, due to exchange control by Government, it is almost impossible to exchange local currency to dollars and pay for a suscription service, even as low as $3.99 a month.

I am sure that some of Imageshack stakeholders probably are members of the Ferrari chat forum, and they should be aware that in a typical forum, pictures are hosted by hundreds of individual members, for several years. It is almost impossible to contact all of them and have them host their pictures to another free service like Photobucket.

In our particular case, many of the pictures in the Venezuelan Forum Pasion a la Velocidad y Motores, were hosted by Branko, who sadly passed away several years ago.

I am sure many of you have have read the thread related to the FERRARI 625 TF serial 0302TF, and as you can see there are now many missing pictures, that were hosted originally in Imageshack:

PASION A LA VELOCIDAD Y MOTORES ? Ver Tema - FERRARI 625 TF serial 0302TF

There should be alternatives for these cases; I hope that this message can reach some of the Imageshack stakeholders.

Regards,

emunoz167

9. swift53

swift53 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2007
    E.S.
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    This thread used to be a 'must read', a delightful historical document, and unfortunately has fallen in disrepair.

I wish I could offer anything, a contribution, but all I know, is some friends that have had,
    or possibly may still have interesting cars in Venezuela. I will contact them and ask.

Meanwhile, someone kindly continue Branko's thread...:)

Regards, Alberto

10. Aardy

Aardy F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Feb 21, 2004
    France
    Full Name:
    Cyril TESTE
    #560 Aardy, May 30, 2016
    Thanks for your kind words on Branko.

There are still many things to say about Ferrari and Venezuela. See for example Cavallino Magazine (#212 on page 11), where the great historian Pierre Goossens from Belgium speaks about the car found in Venezuela several years ago.

Pierre explains the car found is the famous 500 Mondial prototipo Scaglietti spyder, the same car that finished second at the Mille Miglia with Marzotto in 1954 (#523).

I'm sorry to say it's completely wrong.

The car found in Venezuela is another Scaglietti spyder, I think the one previously raced by Roberto Bonomi with a Vignale spyder body and rebodied by Scaglietti in 1955.

So, we had three car in South America :

1 - the 500 Mondial Scaglietti spyder prototipo raced by Raúl Dominguez, most probably s/n 0302/TF, today LOST (probably soon a barnfind in South America :eek:))

2 - the 625 TF Vignale spyder raced by Luis Milan, today known as 0304/TF although is also stamped 0306/TF, today in Europe.

3 - the 625 TF Vignale spyder raced by Roberto Bonomi, rebodied by Scaglietti in 1955 and still raced in South America, stamped "0302-TF" and also "0304/TF", found in Venezuela several years ago.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

11. swift53

swift53 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2007
    E.S.
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    Hello Cyril, I am glad you replied about interesting issues that remain to be solved and that

"there are still many things to say about Ferrari and Venezuela"

Branko was a delightful guy, had the pleasure of speaking with him a couple of times, and shall miss his terrific input and good nature.

My mother used to play cards with Giannino Marzotto, and had for quite some time.

It is unfortunate we cannot ask him questions anymore...

I will ask my friend about the 500 Mondial Scaglietti spyder prototipo, and see if he knows anything.

Regards, Alberto

12. Aardy

Aardy F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Feb 21, 2004
    France
    Full Name:
    Cyril TESTE
    Hi Alberto,

I'm sure the 500 Mondial prototipo is still in South America.

Who knows ? May be still with the Scaglietti body ?

The ultimate barnfind !!

Best regards

Cyril

13. 365

365 Karting

May 31, 2011
    Venezuela
    Full Name:
    German Alvarez
    Yes in Venezuela was well known for the fantastic cars that came to this country, even a Bugatti Royale back in the 20´s, and the made 4 of them.
    I am from here and I do have a 365 GT.
    I have friends thats owns 275, 250, the 50´s Testarosa, Daytonas even the 3 Ferrari made end up in Venezuela back in the 50´s.

14. nschots

nschots Formula Junior

Jan 7, 2011
    Buenos Aires.
    Full Name:
    Nicolás Sch.
    Hola Germán, acá un argentino.

There are not 50s Testarossa´s in Venezuela AFAIK, ¿but are still there 275´s, 250´s and Daytona´s? ¿Which 365 do you own? Would love to see a photo of it.

Un abrazo,

Nicolás.

15. fjdr

fjdr Rookie

Dec 14, 2009
    Venezuela
    Hola Nicolás, soy de Venezuela, cierto ya no quedan Trs de los 50s, siguen quedando 275GTB, 250s, 365, Daytonas y Dinos. Los pocos que quedan son guardados celosamente y casi no ven la luz del día, debido a factores lamentables que hoy nos afectan. Y también me gustaría ver el 365 del amigo Venezolano. Saludos

16. wbaeumer

wbaeumer F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Mar 4, 2005

Talofa! E mafai ona e tautala i le gagana Peretania i lenei fonotaga? Aisea e mafai ona avea ai le malamalama o se tasi?

17. nschots

nschots Formula Junior

Jan 7, 2011
    Buenos Aires.
    Full Name:
    Nicolás Sch.
    You really learnt Samoan, Walter!

Ciao.

Nicolás.

18. wbaeumer

wbaeumer F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Mar 4, 2005
    Well, I try - but its easier to write than to speak....:)

Ciao!
    Walter

19. fjdr

fjdr Rookie

Dec 14, 2009
    Venezuela
    Nice one, i would like to learn samoano too. BTW
    Hi Nicholas, I am from Venezuela , in venezuela there is no longer Trs from the 50s ,but still you can found 275GTB , 250s , 365s, Daytonas and Dinos. The few that remain are jealously guarded and almost not see the light of day, due to unfortunate factors that affect us today. And I would also like to see the 365 of the Venezuelan friend. regards

20. juandiego1961

juandiego1961 Rookie

Nov 10, 2016
    Ecuador
    Full Name:
    Juan Diego Dominguez
    The car in the middle is Ferrari 500 Mondial driven by Ignacio Dominguez

21. sbortesi

sbortesi Rookie

Dec 22, 2016
    Spain
    Full Name:
    Sandro
    #571 sbortesi, Feb 20, 2017
    Reviewing older posts in this fantastic forum thread. Many thanks to all who have added so much.

Reading through it, I had a question: Is the white 330 GT 2+2 in the pictures the one later owned by Dino Turco, and at some point painted in red? I remember seeing that car at Dino's workshop in Dos Lagunas (sometime in 1995-96) and it was stunning.

If so, many months later I remember seeing both Dino and Felix Varona driving that car to San Carlos for a Ferrari Challenge race. Epic car with 2 epic gentlemen! Does anyone know if the car is still in Venezuela?

22. Aardy

Aardy F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Feb 21, 2004
    France
    Full Name:
    Cyril TESTE
    Hi Sandro,

Thanks for the pics !

I think you are speaking of 5831GT.

Link here :

PASION A LA VELOCIDAD Y MOTORES ? Ver Tema - FERRARI TESTAROSSA TR 250 N/S 0758

And here :

S/N 5831 Detail

23. sbortesi

sbortesi Rookie

Dec 22, 2016
    Spain
    Full Name:
    Sandro
    #573 sbortesi, Feb 21, 2017

Hello Cyril,

Thanks for your reply. The picture in "Pasion a la Velocidad" is definitely it... sitting in the Dos Lagunas workshop surrounded by all of Dino's inventions!

Interesting to see that S/N 5831 was also originally white and painted red at some point after it was owned by Howard Boulton. I see the car ended up in Europe in 2007 after going through a Japanese owner.

Reviewing the 330gt registry, and matching with the picture you linked to, it definitely is this one as the license plate numbers match: http://www.330gt.com/detail/7041.html and it appears to still be in Venezuela. I was told that after Dino passed away, the car was still there and was sold by his family to someone in Caracas.

24. Aardy

Aardy F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Feb 21, 2004
    France
    Full Name:
    Cyril TESTE
    Yes, I forgot 7041 ! Thanks !

25. Santiago Montenegro

Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2009