Pics of the Enzo's in South Africa | FerrariChat

Pics of the Enzo's in South Africa

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by Ferrari 360 CS, Oct 9, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ferrari 360 CS

Ferrari 360 CS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 4, 2004
    Cape Town,SA
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    #1 Ferrari 360 CS, Oct 9, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Not sure of this is the right section but anyway. We have three Enzos here and sadly none of them can be driven...our government does not allowe LHD cars to be driven on the road, at least new LHD cars.

At the moment negotiations are going on to try and make an exception for the Enzo's which is only fair considering that price of the car is infalted by 40% thanks to our import laws.

Was at Ferrari SA HQ(our main distributor and took these pics)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Jesse

Jesse Rookie

May 29, 2012
    Johannesburg
    Full Name:
    Jesse
    What happened to these cars?

3. NürScud

NürScud F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2012
    This is really sad. What will happen to them?

4. Jay Kay

Jay Kay Rookie

Jun 23, 2013
    South Africa
    Full Name:
    Clynton
    I recall seeing one at the Top Gear festival a few years back. It was driven around Kyalami. I think it was the Rupert Enzo as many of his other cars were present too.

We currently have a La Ferrari in the showroom in Sandton however I don't believe that it can leave the property at the moment. LHD cars are a big no no here

5. simsko

simsko F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2012
    I'm guessing it will be a similar situation as in Australia where they will sit in a garage with the rare track day and car show until they reach a certain like 25 years old before they can hit the road. There's only a handful here as well.

The only reason I see for the law is to restrict imports and unofficial channels for cars to come into a country (probably a good thing) as it makes no sense that you can't drive the car brand new but 25 years later you can even though nothing has changed.

6. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    It's funny for a country that has so many things wrong regarding the state of cars that are on the road, they refuse LHD, even with special permits (which could be quite lucrative and a simple law change). It's not exactly weird to see cars crabbing on the roads...

Even when we drove our Botswana registered F250 (LHD) we had constant hassle from the cops. Showed them passports (to prove we weren't even African), resident permits from Botswana, they didn't care. Making up laws on the fly, threatening to take the car away (even got told that no cars from Botswana are allowed on SA roads, lol).

All they where looking for was a handout, of course. But still.

7. Townshend

Townshend F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Walter
    Curious as to why not convert to RHD?

8. NürScud

NürScud F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2012
    AFAIK Ferrari didn't produce a RHD Enzo.

9. Townshend

Townshend F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Walter
    Correct, hence why I asked convert as I'm sure it can be done.

10. Ferrari 360 CS

Ferrari 360 CS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 4, 2004
    Cape Town,SA
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    Most of the Enzo's which arrived in SA have subsequently left the country for new homes in Europe.

11. Dino V

Dino V Formula 3

Sep 21, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Dino
    Shame to see them caged up due to the laws.