I did it!! 1st Ferrari | FerrariChat

I did it!! 1st Ferrari

Discussion in '360/430' started by biglione, Jun 15, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. biglione

biglione Rookie

Mar 26, 2016
    Oceanside, CA
    Full Name:
    Joe Biglione
    #1 biglione, Jun 15, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I bought my first Ferrari!!! I feel very happy and a little freaked out at the same time. I bought a 2002 360 Modena, F1. I looked at many cars. Drove both, the true manual and the F1. While I have always had manual cars, and went into this thinking I would get a manual car, I ended up buying one with the F1. I think I will be good with the F1. More time in the seat will tell. The car was just too nice to pass up. Super clean, fairly low miles (30K), all service, including brakes, belts, and clutch done. I should be in pretty good shape for a few years, or 15,000 miles. Here are a couple pics.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Dano360NC

Dano360NC Karting

Aug 11, 2012
    Southeastern PA
    Full Name:
    Dan
    Good for you! Similar spec to mine except the roof. I hope you love it like so many of us love our cars. It just feels good getting out on the road and romping around a little bit.

3. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
  4. Cinque

Cinque Formula Junior

Aug 4, 2012
    West Coast
    Congrats! The Daytonas with the contrasting inserts look sharp.

5. leopard881

leopard881 Karting

May 11, 2014
    Full Name:
    David
    Congrats! a nice toy!

6. Freddan

Freddan Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 16, 2012
    Vansbro (Sweden)
    Full Name:
    Fredrik
    wonderful! congrats!

you will love the feeling of drive and own it for sure.

best of luck

// Fredrik

7. mdoc3

mdoc3 Karting
    Owner

Jun 12, 2014
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Martin
    Beautiful car, congrats!

I know exactly how you feel as I have also bought my very first Ferrari, a 360 (2002) with the same mileage less than two years ago. Each ride with the car is a special event and you find excuses to sneak into the garage to check whether this is really true or just a dream. Best of it, this state continues down to the present day.

With a mileage of 30k miles, the exhaust sound of the 360 should be great as well, more impressive than the sound of a very low mileage 360. I was told that this is due to the fact that the insulation material inside the exhaust muffler dissolves with some mileage and allows for a better sound.

Enjoy in good health.

8. autowerks9

autowerks9 Formula 3
    BANNED Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2009
    North Wales, Pa.
    Full Name:
    David S.
    Beautiful car,

Congratulations...enjoy it in good, safe health.

David

9. Gizzi

Gizzi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 3, 2011
    Brisbane, Australia
    Full Name:
    Gezim
    Congratulations!! Welcome to the club

10. Gizzi

Gizzi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 3, 2011
    Brisbane, Australia
    Full Name:
    Gezim
    BTW David. Thank you so much for your prompt and excellent service. I bought a Carbon rear diffuser and door sills for my 430 from Glenn, and they arrived in perfect shape. I've fitted both and the quality is excellent. Fellas, I can't recommend these guys highly enough.

11. hessank

hessank Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 8, 2005
    Canada, Florida
    Full Name:
    Fred
    Congratulations Joe.
    Nice ride. Great colour combo.

12. Bdel

Bdel Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Hollis, NH
    Full Name:
    Bruce
    NIce ride! enjoy!

13. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Joe, we've all been here waiting on you. Nice rig bro , congrats.

14. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    Congratulations! Enjoy!

15. spikes360

spikes360 Formula Junior

Apr 1, 2013
    Niles, IL
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Tanti Auguri! Bellisimo!

16. marinelo

marinelo Formula Junior

Jan 18, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Rob
    The car looks beautiful ! congrats and enjoy the journey..

17. nietoale1

nietoale1 Karting

Dec 28, 2012
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Alex Nieto
    Congratulations!! Enjoy many miles in good health!!

And drive her! They don't like to be garage queens...=)

18. ar4me

ar4me F1 Rookie
    Owner

Apr 4, 2010
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Jes
    Congrats!

19. Bob in Texas

Bob in Texas F1 Rookie

Apr 23, 2012
    Just East of Weird
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Beautiful car. Congrats! Not to worry... lots of advice on this forum.
    Go enjoy her!

20. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    You are screwed now, no turning back. :)

21. yangstein

yangstein Formula Junior

Mar 23, 2015
    Orange County, CA
    Full Name:
    Brian
    I love this kind of sense of humor.... HAHAHA... Dead On... And it is addicting... After headers, S-Line Exhaust, front tires replaced, now I am looking at carbon parts... Difusers, inside of engine bay... carbon paddles.. This is becoming a religion. Puhahaha.. I always had it for cars but not like this... We are all on the same boat here for that reason but also in love with Ferraris.

My wife declared that she needs a new car and of course I have been looking at another Ferrari every night for last 3 weeks.. I think I got to know most of 360 Spiders, F355 Spiders and some Californias in this country... She wants a little convertible as our youngest one took her SL. Doesn't want to drive S8.. WTH? It instantly put sparks in my brain. She is a car person and loves my new exhaust set up and loudness. She is a great driver too... She claims she's been driving since she was 8(?). However, she could be very picky some times.. She has a company car so she will need her car for only afternoon drives. I know that the best will be a Bentley GTC but I do not want to go back to V12 (Yes they have V8 now) plus the car depreciates while you are having a morning coffee looking outside. We've been burnt by depreciation for so many years and decided not to play that stupid game anymore. 2 Masers and a Cayenne Turbo, and the worst "MB CL65 AMG" was the biggest mistake we made to purchase on cars..

Why not a 360 Spider? A Mondial? so that she could play Christie Brinkley? A local Mondial Cabrio turned out to be in good condition but No A/C... F355 Spider prices are going up in value but do not think they are as good as 360 (Reliability). A well maintained 360 spider can be good for just drive around town running errands in the afternoon. My ultimate dream goal is to get her a 360 spider and in few years, I will get my 488 spider or 458 spider so that we could have 3 horses..

It is totally irrelevant but 488's sound just doesn't appeal to me. I will not get the allocation and be on the top list so nothing to worry on that part. However, those turbos do not make F-1 sound that I love. I know the car is just fantastic and everyone told me it is night and day difference in terms of technologies and performance.. Haven't driven one yet so I can't tell my side of experience... I am still happy with my F430... Just like I miss 1993 M5 which could be on my top 5 past cars list that I still want it.

Well.. It became too long of a response... Welcome to the club and I know from my experience you could obtain so much infor here as members are very active and great in terms of knowledge of the car. I am just an idiot loves driving a Ferrari...

22. John_K_348

John_K_348 F1 Rookie

Sep 20, 2013
    Boston, MA
    Full Name:
    John E. Kenney
    There are 2 360 spiders at FoLI NY. Kevin & Kevin were great to work with. Seriously, manager and my agent both named Kevin. Check the site. ;)

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

23. Chiaroman

Chiaroman Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 21, 2004
    New Jersey
    Spoiled for life.

Truly fun to drive.

Enjoy to the max!

24. unreelviper

unreelviper Karting

Jan 9, 2014
    DMV
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Congratulations!!!!! I hope to be joining you with a F430 in a few weeks

25. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Get her a 360, you can't go wrong. It is more car than anything else out there for the same money.