New battery | Page 2 | FerrariChat

New battery

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by RickLederman, Apr 7, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. otakki

otakki Formula 3

Mar 24, 2016
    It will be great to have a good source of quality aftermarket battery if the oem FIAMM is subpar in quality. Modern cars are electric hogs that drain battery even when parked with ignition off, and that makes having a good battery very critical.

2. RickLederman

RickLederman F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2007
    Swanton Ohio
    Full Name:
    Rick Lederman
    Brian, I changed the battery in my '14 FF a month or so ago. The other comments here are from the '12 FF I had. In late March I noticed it would only hold a charge a few days. This time I had a local guy do the change (with guidance from Dan at MAG my dealer). I will double check the invoice from Interstate this evening for the part number. When changed the new one made a (as Bernie would say) HUGE difference in cranking speed.

3. RickLederman

RickLederman F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2007
    Swanton Ohio
    Full Name:
    Rick Lederman
    Decided to run home to get the details. Direct from an Interstate Batteries dealer the FF part number is MT5-49/H8, that is the part number on my receipt. The wholesale price was $213.95 plus a core charge of $15. I got it at a pretty good price from the guy that replaced the battery. If you have someone other than a Ferrari dealer do the work make very sure that they are meticulous as there are clips that need to go back in place. It is not overly complex but it sits way back and you must lift it straight up and that is VERY difficult to do. It probably took less than an hour to change even though he had not seen an FF engine compartment before. It took the Interstate Battery dealer a day or two to get one in.

4. 996TTurbo

996TTurbo Formula 3

Apr 9, 2006
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Martin
    Any update on battery replacement please? need a new one soon

thx guys

5. SSNISTR

SSNISTR F1 Veteran

Feb 13, 2004
    SFL