599 GTO wanted | FerrariChat

599 GTO wanted

Discussion in 'Ad Archives' started by zvdxb, Aug 26, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. zvdxb

zvdxb Karting

Aug 31, 2014
    East/West
    Full Name:
    ZV
    Hello ,

Am looking for a 599 GTO with very specific color combo ( black on cuio ) . I know it's not common but I was told they are out there. Can anyone assist ?

Rgds

2. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    I know there are a few 599GTOs for sale. Hopefully you find what your looking for. AWESOME car!

3. ROMO

ROMO Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 18, 2008
    WASHINGTON DC
    Full Name:
    ROMO
    Check the Official GTO Picture thread and perhaps you can track down that specific color combo though I can't recall seeing one myself. Good luck!

4. zvdxb

zvdxb Karting

Aug 31, 2014
    East/West
    Full Name:
    ZV
    Thanks guys ! Will start looking... :))

Rgds

5. warrior3313

warrior3313 Rookie

Jun 23, 2015
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    William McGreevy
  6. tortesq1

tortesq1 Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2012
    New York
    Full Name:
    Stephen H. Frankel
    Where are you ? If in US I concur with ROMO and have never seen a US spec GTO in nero (of any shade i.e.. nero or nero daytona or nero setoso) over cuoio. Thats not to say it doesn't exist. However, even if you look at the 599 GTO photo thread, and even further assuming you found a proper photo on the thread, you would need a picture with a VIN and then need to chase down a VIN. Good luck with that. Depending on where you are located a simple internet search will generate 99% of whats out there. After that go to your favorite dealer and ask them to help sourcing same. The irony is that sourcing a GTB in that spec would be fairly easy, but there are thousands of GTB's and only 599 GTO's.

My real World suggestion would be to be moderately flexible on the spec. so that if you want a nero on cuoio (what non-Tifosi characterize as black on beige) maybe a nero on nero would work for you.

As an aside the GTO is awesome ! Best of luck on your search.

7. zvdxb

zvdxb Karting

Aug 31, 2014
    East/West
    Full Name:
    ZV
    Thank you tortesq1 ! I know I will have to be flexible...FYI , I know ( and miss ) the GTO very well as I've owned 3 of them previously... :)) my last one ( delivery miles rosso scuderia ) I traded for my F40 ( with some cash of on top of course ) but want one back in the stable !!

Rgds

8. Blue4reF1

Blue4reF1 Formula 3

Jun 12, 2007
    Plantation, FL
    Full Name:
    Blake Simon
    I know there is a Nero Daytona with Black interior one out there with black wheels. Haven't seen photos of it for a few years now however.

9. tortesq1

tortesq1 Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2012
    New York
    Full Name:
    Stephen H. Frankel
    Haha I recall you being a GTO guy. Surprised you sold your last one. I was recently given an unsolicited offer on my nero setoso over nero GTO with approx. 3480 miles on her. It was a very fair offer but what would I replace her with ? The only car I would consider would be a TDF and they are both unavailable in the US and the TDF prices appear to be heading in the $1.2M-$1.4M range which is greatly in excess of the $700K-$900K current price range of the GTO. I'm not even sure that I'd like the TDF better than the GTO as I haven't driven one. Is the TDF as raw and visceral as the GTO ? Smoother and higher tech. does't necessarily translate into a better "feeling" (which you know already). Anyway maybe in another year or two when I've had a chance to drive a TDF and there is better parity in GTO and TDF prices I will revisit the issue. Again, best of luck with your search.

10. zvdxb

zvdxb Karting

Aug 31, 2014
    East/West
    Full Name:
    ZV
    Thanks man ! Haven't driven the TDF either but doubt very much that it would surpass the "brutal " experience if the GTO.... Cheers !