1/18 news | Page 9 | FerrariChat

1/18 news

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by furoni, Jan 14, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. demicami

demicami Karting

Jun 7, 2016
    Yup I have the Panamericana model.

I hope BBR makes the 1953 340 Mexico coupe #4 Panamericana in 1/18.

Which car is the #45?

2. demicami

demicami Karting

Jun 7, 2016
    oh yeah, I forgot about that one.

3. bigodino

bigodino F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Peter den Biggelaar
    #204 bigodino, Jul 10, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Just received this model by CMF. The BB competition version is also announced by BBR as well as Technomodel. CMF beats them on price. But not only that, the quality in my opinion is fine too.

I would compare the level of quality to that of Ottomobiles. Sufficient detail, good paint, crisp lines and good stance. The large windscreen wiper came loose in the box, but nothing a little dab of glue can't fix. The only negative I can think of is the size of the wheels combined with the type of wheels. In later years this particular Ferrari did have large wheels, but as far as I could research not with the five star pattern.

CMF makes five different versions of this car. Not only with different race livery, but even different noses and other body details.

p.s. I also recently bought a model by BBR, the 340 MM Vignale spider. It's nice but in my opinion BBR is overhyped and not worth the huge price difference (I certainly didn't pay 300-400 Euro for mine!)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Neither did i!!;)

5. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    I have this one on order from BBR...the cmf goes about 150€,the bbr 200€...i stil lthink he BBR is worth the diference,especialy in the liveryed versions.

6. bigodino

bigodino F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Peter den Biggelaar
    200? On their website BBR states 244 plus shipping.

7. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Perhaps...but that's the price i always get my bbr/blue moon /concept 18 from my dealer...including shipment...same price goes (195€) for the tecnomodels and looksmart....i must say they have the best price i ever saw of any dealer.

8. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Tecnomodel will be releasing the Ferrari 212 "uovo"...both in grey and blue as raced by Marzoto and red...looks nice.
    I wonder if they got their hands on Tron's moulds, because bothe the "uovo" and the 365 lm they recently released were made by Tron!!!

9. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    #210 furoni, Jul 15, 2016
  10. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    #211 furoni, Jul 15, 2016
  11. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    #212 furoni, Jul 15, 2016
  12. demicami

demicami Karting

Jun 7, 2016
    The Ferrari 212 "uovo" looks cool. Might have to get one. Man I'm spending alot on Ferraris lately :) Would have been nice if Minichamps had a Ferrari license :)

I also hope Tecnomodel corrected the misspelled "Scuderia" on the #19 model because thats the one I want.

I'm also keeping my fingers crossed that they make the 1953 Ferrari 340 Mexico Coupe - Carrera Panamericana Phil Hill model.

13. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    I ordered this one, the nº16...i would like the uovo but ca't buy everything...the mexico would be great also!!

14. cf355

cf355 F1 Rookie

Feb 28, 2005
    Full Name:
    chris
    nice

15. bigodino

bigodino F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Peter den Biggelaar
    #216 bigodino, Jul 20, 2016
    Just got the Looksmart 126 CK F1 in. It was much criticized for a lack of detail or toy like appearance. I have to say though that it looks great sitting on my shelf. I've seen the review and pictures of the BBR 126 C2 and to me the difference isn't that great.

The paint on my example is fine, although the seller told me he had other examples with paint flaws.

The wheels look great, not too shiny. The spoilers do look shiny as they should, so there is this attention to detail.

The same goes for the engine. There are different metallic paints applied as well as some hoses. Could it have been better? Maybe. do I care? No. The engine just isn't that exciting to look at, not even the 1:1 version.

All the air inlets are open en crisp. Interior detail is very nice with cloth seatbelts and P/E belt buckle. The tires look soft and correct, with no mold lines. The wheels are the correct size.

Best, Peter

16. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Looks great to me..i have their 250 lom and i'm very satiefied with the model...i guess between looksmart and bbr there isn't much to choose from...in fact i ordered the 61 tr from looksmart and the 62 tr from bbr.....same price but looksmart comes with display case...let's see the end result but i suspect i will love them both!!:)

17. furmano

furmano Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 22, 2004
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Furman
    Great review. I feel the same about the Looksmart 1/43 model I have. Nothing to complain about.

I'm looking forward to getting a 1/18 Ferrari F60 America if they actually make one.

-F

18. gurneyfan

gurneyfan Rookie

May 6, 2012
    #219 gurneyfan, Jul 29, 2016
  19. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Looks great..i have thjat model in 1/43 sacle...very striking...i'm still waiting for my "maranello concessionaires" version...this will look great alongside the gmp 330 p4!!

20. bwshihtzu

bwshihtzu Formula Junior

Mar 22, 2014
    Arizona
  21. furmano

furmano Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 22, 2004
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Furman
    Looksmart was supposed to release a 1:18 model of the F60 America back in June but it looks like not enough orders have come in yet to start production.

Can a few of you guys pony up and buy a few so Looksmart will actually produce it? :)

-F

22. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Just received my maranelo concessionaires 365 p2 from Tecnomodel and i'm very pleased with it...nicely done and a lovely model.

23. PAT30

PAT30 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 15, 2007
    France
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    Infortunately, Pedro, the rear is wrong !

24. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    you mean, they miss the stripes? i noticed that..even gave them a heads-up..but i guess i was ignored....still a lovely model i think...
    ps. we can always add the stripes ourselves...