The Ontario Thread! | Page 886 | FerrariChat

The Ontario Thread!

Discussion in 'Canada' started by ClassicFerrari, Feb 28, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MS250

MS250 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
  2. FCat360

FCat360 F1 World Champ

Oct 17, 2014
    Radical Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Lam, Blama Lam
    No excuse for that. The US Tire makers do production runs every spring of old style bias ply tires for the vintage enthusiast industry. I'm sure they don't make enough money to cover costs.

3. Nuvolari

Nuvolari F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2002
    Toronto / SoCal
    Full Name:
    Rob C.
    Where exactly does it say that old tires are the culprit? I read that an old car had a tire problem but nowhere can I find that old tires were to blame. Let's not jump the gun here.

4. MS250

Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    never said they were old Tires. I said "worth repeating to check your tires, and if they are OLD and hard like hockey pucks to change them"

This recent accident that caused the deaths Was reported as a "tire issue" . I wonder how far and deep they can go into what the issue was with the tire. If it was debris on the road that caused the tire issue I wonder if they would disclose this information.

What a tragic event on a Sunday afternoon.

5. starboy444

starboy444 F1 Veteran

Oct 7, 2006
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Lucas
  6. tifosi_

tifosi_ Formula 3

Sep 24, 2013
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Clyde
    Looks like a dealer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Halibrand

Halibrand Rookie

Feb 23, 2014
    #22132 Halibrand, Aug 7, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I have solved the mystery of the rally cars I spotted earlier this year, heading west on Hwy 7, west of Perth Ont. It turns out it was an event based out of Quebec named Run 1000 Rally. The wife and I spotted a heavily stickered rally participant vehicle at this mornings Cars and Coffee at Engineered Auto, and the windshield sticker just "clicked". Got home, did a quick Google search, and it seems this group had an event (that seems to have included some time at Calabogie Motorsports Park ... which is not too far north of Perth) in the area of, and at exactly the right time we spotted them .... Whew, I can finally sleep :)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

8. MS250

Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    Good job Columbo ;) thanks for letting us know - now you can sleep easy again :D

Many little events running around that don't hit the CDN section.

9. GRZEPAPA

GRZEPAPA Formula Junior

May 11, 2007
  10. I'm 360 Canuck

I'm 360 Canuck Formula 3

Nov 21, 2015
    Ontario, The Real One in Canada
    Full Name:
    Lars!
    Quick question guys, does anyone know what the going rate in the GTA is for a belt job on a 360? all the posts on this site seem to reflect costs in the US.

11. GG

GG Formula 3

Feb 21, 2008
  12. I'm 360 Canuck

I'm 360 Canuck Formula 3

Nov 21, 2015
    Ontario, The Real One in Canada
    Full Name:
    Lars!
    I went there to look at a 360 there a month ago. Was a good experience, the sales guy wasn't pushy at all, pretty knowledgeable about it, they had receipts from work done on it at a local indy, Carfax etc.
    I wouldn't have an issue with dealing with them.

13. tifosi_

tifosi_ Formula 3

Sep 24, 2013
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Clyde

Someone I trust recommended them to me when I was considering trading in my 575 for an F430, but then I changed my mind and kept the 575

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. GG

GG Formula 3

Feb 21, 2008
    Thank you! I'm out of province and the gentleman I spoke with on the phone at the dealership was very forthright about the condition of the vehicle I was interested in and basically in not so many words told me not to bother hopping on a flight to come see it.

15. derekw

derekw Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 7, 2010
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Derek W
    Hi all,

I made myself a ring nut tool today for the transmission input shaft (using the 36mm socket I bought for the crank nut) in case anyone wants to borrow it. I'll be ordering lots of parts from Europe and the US soon in case anyone needs anything and wants to combine the orders to save shipping. I'm thinking of getting some 21-4N exhaust valves made for the 2V heads-- is peening the neck and hardening the tips overkill? I have to order 100 so anyone else want some?
    Cheers, Derek in Ottawa 613 8696007

16. brock328

brock328 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 9, 2011
    Niagara, Ontario
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Do you know someone or do you do Ferrari repair work in the Niagara Region of Ontario?

Fort Erie to Hamilton will work.

Please let me know?

Thanks,

17. brock328

brock328 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 9, 2011
    Niagara, Ontario
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Still looking for someone to do Ferrari repair work in the Niagara Region.

Fort Erie to Hamilton will work.

Please let me know?

Thanks,

18. Shaun Oriold1

Shaun Oriold1 Karting

Mar 21, 2008
    Burlington, Ontario. Canada
    Full Name:
    shaun
    15 min down the road from Hamilton is Cross Avenue Auto. That might be the closest, without going to Toronto.

19. Zisi

Zisi Rookie

Sep 30, 2015
    Full Name:
    Zisi
    Sam at cross ave auto is a great guy. Tom knows his Ferraris very well.

20. hessank

hessank Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 8, 2005
    Canada, Florida
    Full Name:
    Fred
    +360
    Had my major done here last spring.
    Great folks to deal with.
    Highly recommended.

21. brock328

brock328 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 9, 2011
    Niagara, Ontario
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Thanks for the referral to Cross Ave, I have heard they are good to deal with and that Tom is very knowledgeable.

I realize there isn't a shop in the Niagara area or the Ferrari guys here would know about it, however, maybe someone who can help with minor repair work is available.

Still on the look-out,

Thanks again

22. Nuvolari

Nuvolari F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2002
    Toronto / SoCal
    Full Name:
    Rob C.
    You may want to check out www.vgauto.ca . Gino Venditelli has been part of the racing community for years and his brother has had a few Ferrari's so I am sure he knows his way around them. I have known them for some time and, while I do not have any first hand experience, I'd consider them as an option as they seem to have a pretty good reputation and have been in business for some time.

23. brock328

brock328 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 9, 2011
    Niagara, Ontario
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Hello Rob, thank-you for the lead. I have only known Gino for a short time, however, his brother and I went to high school together, we talked cars then and still do today, great guys.

By the way, I spoke with you briefly at the Italian Car Day event while I snapped a few pictures of your Dino. I also spoke with you a couple of years ago regarding restoration work on a Dino I was perusing... I'm still after the car.

Thanks again,
    Mike

24. MS250

Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    #22149 MS250, Sep 7, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Drake should have gotten himself one of these instead of all the bling that was stolen out of the tour bus. Poor guy, they will not find that bling now.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

25. isaydingdong

isaydingdong Formula Junior

Apr 18, 2014
    ny
    Full Name:
    Sy Sperling
    drake has an f50?