Pics of your 360/430 at regular parking spots (no valet) | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Pics of your 360/430 at regular parking spots (no valet)

Discussion in '360/430' started by RonnieRenaldi, May 23, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. John_K_348

John_K_348 F1 Rookie

Sep 20, 2013
    Boston, MA
    Full Name:
    John E. Kenney
    Not sure I understand that story. Did the Diablo driver put the brick through the piece of crap windshield for dinging the Diablo? And would the Diablo driver break the same brick over the piece of crap drivers head for good measure?

2. rongotti

rongotti Karting

Apr 11, 2015
    North Florida
    Damn, I forgot to take a pic Sunday morning while I was parked in front of Waffle House 😅😅😅😅

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

3. MalcQV

MalcQV F1 Rookie

Oct 11, 2004
    Manchester, UK
    Full Name:
    Malc Holden
    #78 MalcQV, Oct 12, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Because a guy has the audacity to park his lowly Mini Van next to your precious bloody Ferrari it's a crime? What's that about. Crikey he even complimented your car. Did he maybe park too close (I would be a bit peeved at that)?

It's an odd phenomenon that if you park your car in the midst of nothing and wait 20 minutes you can bet somebody has parked next to it. Must just be something we do :D

Parking so you need a can opener to enter your car is a crime, but just parking it there? I don't get why it's a problem.

Local DIY. This was the day we picked it up.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

EnergyTrader likes this.
  4. simmadwn

simmadwn Formula Junior

Jun 10, 2016
    San Mateo, CA
    Full Name:
    James
    [​IMG]

Have to love my colleagues...they take care of my baby..lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East

In general most people are clueless and inconsiderate. You never know if they winged their doors open and nailed you or if they dragged across your car or whatever. I wouldnt care if anyone parked next to me as long as they dont damage my vehicle. I have even taught my kids how to properly open a door and be mindful of others property but MOST dont give a ****. This is the reason he got a annoyed, it would bother me as well.

6. MalcQV

MalcQV F1 Rookie

Oct 11, 2004
    Manchester, UK
    Full Name:
    Malc Holden
    That's a fair point. I get annoyed at folk opening the door on any of my cars. You'd also be annoyed if they parked next to your regular car?

7. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    I would as they are all nice and well taken care of. I don't have any beaters.

8. IDriveM5

IDriveM5 F1 Rookie

Jul 2, 2012
    Central Ohio
    Full Name:
    Raj
    Fellas, people are allowed to park wherever the heck they want to. If you don't own the lot, you have no say. Even if you do, are you really gonna say something? If it's a concern, drive a different car. People that sandwich you in are being jerks, fine, they're jerks and you get on with your amazing life.

Just yesterday evening I took my 360 to the grocery store. Parked her top down, farthest space from the door, no other cars for many spaces around mine. Parked next to an "island" so was protected on one side. Came out of the store and could see a grey Toyota minivan parked behind my car (not to the side). I grumbled a little bit, but as I walked closer I was able to see a mom and two boys looking at my car, respectfully. No touching, no jumping, no breathing, just observing. Sweet, I was glad to see this. Hope it inspires the boys to becom professionals and/or work hard to afford their own exotic car one day. I didn't get to interact with them as they walked away by the time I got close, but I saw it. I would have let them sit inside and hear the engine as well.

Moral of the story: I have no idea why people park the way they do, especially around my Fcar. But, that's not in my control. And sometimes they have a good reason.

9. natman316

natman316 Formula Junior

Jul 20, 2015
    yeah...i dont get this. this is why people hate Ferrari owners.

I try to park in a wide, end space but only because the doors open wide. Most people don't know and as long as they are respectful to the car I dont mind. I park my car where ever, no dings. If you can't stand the thought of peasants parking next to your holy Ferrari maybe you should just take your other car to the shops...no need to put anyone down?

10. Eric C

Eric C F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 20, 2009
    St. Louis, MO
    Full Name:
    Eric
    #85 Eric C, Oct 13, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I only park out in the open because I need to. I'm big, so I need to fully open the doors to get in. So yes, when someone parks next to me, I get pissed. It's been so bad that I've had to put the car in neutral from the passenger side and roll the car back to get inside.

I had the below picture happen in my F355. Just makes you scratch your head.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

11. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    The guy driving is just being a d ick, I would probably wait for him and tell him F off and hope that he mans up. I cant stand people like this, no respect or consideration. Full of jealousy. Probably a dem. yeah, I got political but its that time of year.

Jackson1019 likes this.
  12. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Yup, just Ferrari owners park away from others and clearly they are not good people to hope to not have their property damaged.

I have numerous stories where people opened their doors into cars I owned, sometimes while I was in the car. They dont care, they just continue on. I guess by your POV that is OK. I had one lady park 12" from me and I had to clime in through the passenger door but hey thats OK.

I think for the most part people are just looking for some consideration. Most of us are car people and care about the condition of their car, we nitpick and clean to keep it a certain way and others are happy to **** on your property because they cant relate.

13. Flea7

Flea7 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 25, 2010
    PNW
    Full Name:
    SKIM
    Yes! This! ....well said Gh21631

14. natman316

natman316 Formula Junior

Jul 20, 2015
    #89 natman316, Oct 13, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2016

Its a car, there is risk its going to be damaged everytime you use it. The parking lot is public, anyone can park where ever they want in the lot. If you want to minimize the risk of your car getting door dings yeah sure go ahead and park at the end spot at the end of the lot, but no need to get pissed off when other people want to park near you. Its their right. And if you are going to talk down on them? Just because you own a Ferrari does not make you superior.

If you are so concerned about damage just keep it at home it will be very safe.

Btw: not saying its wrong to park at the end of the lot, just think people need to get over themselves if they are telling other motorists not to park next to them or if they taking up two spots everytime they go somewhere

15. RonnieRenaldi

RonnieRenaldi F1 Rookie

Aug 16, 2004
    Here's one reason captured by my interior camera, they want to take picture of their car next to the Ferrari :)
    I have tons of footage of people taking pic of themselves with my car but I've rarely seen people taking pic of their car next to it.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0UZ9JaLEK0[/ame]

16. MalcQV

MalcQV F1 Rookie

Oct 11, 2004
    Manchester, UK
    Full Name:
    Malc Holden
    :) Good answer.

Ferrari owners get enough grief (here in the UK you probably wouldn't believe how much) without us looking down on other marques. I tend to not take anything but my daily to the supermarket for this reason. It's too easy to get door dings. However if the Ferrari goes then I just expect it to attract cars :)

In fact I enjoy visiting Costco because those guys design the car park (parking lot :D) in the same manner usually as I have found in the US. Angled parking spaces you drive into and out of. Guys, your method is brilliant but here I do smile because you get a good few Brits removing their common sense and reversing into these spots :D. Crazy because if they are following the arrows then they have had to reverse at a difficult angle.
    I suspect they just ignore the arrows and curse the driver going the right way around the car park :D

Great to see some positive comments :)

17. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Actually, I am picky as to where I drive and park it because it matters to me. Perhaps it doesn't matter to you, that's your prerogative.

18. Michael B

Michael B F1 Rookie
    Owner

Apr 28, 2004
    US of A
    Full Name:
    Michael
    It is obvious that you gents feel the way that you do. However...

^These are my people.

Look, I am certain that you three (Malc. iDrive, Nat) are fine gents. And it seems as if you are all more socially acceptable than me in your estimation. However, in my 50+ years I have learned from example (just as many of my brethren here have) and I have found that my reactions (formulated from actual experiences) heavily outweigh your political correctness. Don't let it bother you. I will continue to be less of a banner member of society than you & you can continue to let people do as they wish to you. We will both live happily ever-after in our own way.

19. Ahmed_Z

Ahmed_Z Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 24, 2010
    Washington DC area
    Full Name:
    Ahmed

Very well said and agree with you guys. I've parked farther away with my cars over the years and yes it sucks when you come back and someone is parked next to you unnecessarily when there are dozens of other spots open. But they have every right to do so. There is no need to say something derogatory or insulting to anyone.

20. Michael B

Michael B F1 Rookie
    Owner

Apr 28, 2004
    US of A
    Full Name:
    Michael
    You (and those like you) are not getting the simple point. Let me spell it out to you. C o n s i d e r a t i o n. No matter what dictionary you look it up in it will still net the same result.

These types of people have no common consideration. And your types are letting that go unchecked. So I (and others) wish to call them out on it. And you all find that offensive. This is what the world has come to. Feelings hurt because someone calls out the offender. "they have the right to park where they want" you say. "You dont own the parking lot" Listen to yourself. You are enabling these types to continue their bad form. They in turn will teach their children to do the same. My type are teaching to give people space, and respect others property. But those who think its funny to sandwich in the nice car, or get a chuckle out of the invasion ~ your type all want to reward with kindness.

You are leaning in the wrong direction.

And if you think that what I said to the offender was derogatory or insulting then you need to wake up. There is no victim here. Cab drivers thank people with harsher words than I used. I come from the land of strong women & men. We dont get offended when someone calls us out. No matter how its said. Try it. Its glorious. Its called strength.

I tell you what. This is how you can discover yourself. If you are ever in the position that I was see if you even muster up the courage to utter a word to the offender (word it as you see fit). If you do, then hold your head high. If you cant ~ then judge yourself as you wish.

Enjoy.

21. ferralc

ferralc Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 2, 2010
    San Diego CA
    Full Name:
    Fernando
    #96 ferralc, Oct 14, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2016
    It drives me crazy as well to find a car parked next to my Ferrari when I parked in the last spot of the parking lot and there are 100 spots available way closer to the entrance.
    But my car is still ding/dent free and I go to the shopping mall, buy groceries, Costco etc all the time.
    It has happened to me being inside of my wife's car and hear the bang on the door, that made me so mad and got worse when the person denies it, I had to open her door again and show her how the ding matched perfectly with her door.
    This conversation reminded me of this TV commercial

https://youtu.be/ZyvyAAxVrL0

And when I was looking for the video above I found this one

http://youtu.be/cH-QTQv4GSA

22. Ahmed_Z

Ahmed_Z Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 24, 2010
    Washington DC area
    Full Name:
    Ahmed
    Wow. Maybe that guy doesn't think he's doing anything wrong? Maybe he doesn't think it's bad form b/c he's not a "car guy". Someone parking next to your Ferrari is disrespecting you? Are you freaking kidding me? This is the kind of crap that gives Ferrari owners a bad reputation.

23. Flea7

Flea7 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 25, 2010
    PNW
    Full Name:
    SKIM
    you still don't get it.......

24. natman316

natman316 Formula Junior

Jul 20, 2015
    Im not being political correct, I just think you are being ****** when you insult the guy parking next to you. You guys are the ones getting offended when people who you deem unworthy are parking next to you.

so people should give you special consideration to you because you drive a Ferrari? are you special? lol they can park wherever they want.

anyways you gentlemen enjoy your toys how you want :)

we'll just have to deal with it when people throw eggs at us for no reason hahahah

25. Flea7

Flea7 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 25, 2010
    PNW
    Full Name:
    SKIM
    #100 Flea7, Oct 14, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2016
    Sure, they have a right to park wherever they want.
    ......but in an empty lot and with loads of parking spaces close to the store ....and if a person parks right next to you in those circumstances, you don't see anything not considerate about that???
    Whats the motivation of that person? What are they trying to achieve. It's passive aggressive. It's a D..ick move.

I don't expect anybody to get me special considerations because in life, whatever I do, I try not to impose on anyone. How is me parking way far away from anyone asking special consideration???

You don't get that?????