Finaly got my car. But troubles ahead! | FerrariChat

Finaly got my car. But troubles ahead!

Discussion in '360/430' started by tvoismo, Oct 17, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tvoismo

tvoismo Karting

Jun 14, 2016
    Norway
    Full Name:
    Tor
    Hi everyone!

I have got my car ( 2000 360 ) after 3 month of waiting to get it from dealership to repair(service and finally to my possession.

things they did with the car.

-New clutch
    -Timing Belt
    -bearings in the clutch ?
    -and typical service things.

But already the first day red lamp with picture of the car with "arrows" under each tire.
    I called the "macanic" ( authorized Ferrari workshop ) and he said it was no problem, I had just ten more days before I had to retur to work ( working offshore ) and he wanted me to have some fun on the last days of the season here in Norway.

I did return it a day before leaving offshore I got a message today that the coils and sensor to the (shock absorbers/coils ??) needed to be fixed/changed. Is this common on a Ferrari 360 with 45 k miles on it ? And does this often mean even more repairs later down the line...?

Thanks for inputs guys.

2. Chiaroman

Chiaroman Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 21, 2004
    New Jersey
    There will always be repairs.

Once all is sorted out you will have a great car to enjoy.

Welcome to the club!!!

3. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    The suspension light that you saw means one of two things.. a bad shock or a bad acceleration sensor. Very common. It's usually the sensor in the engine compartment on the right hand side behind the engine cover. The heat causes degredation to the sensor and it fails. Takes 15 minutes to replace and the part is about $100-200 USD. There are two other sensors, one behind the front bumper and one on the right side of the car below the windshield. Harder to get to for both of these. The scanner may show faults for all 3. First replace the one with the most number of faults shown.

They WILL fail on occasion given the temperatures in the engine bay and the age of the cars.

4. Kevin Rev'n

Kevin Rev'n Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2009
    Honolulu
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    You aren't mentioning ABS sensors. Is that a different symbol?

5. tvoismo

tvoismo Karting

Jun 14, 2016
    Norway
    Full Name:
    Tor
    Thanks for inputs :)

4 coils and the sensors will cost about $2000 to fix. Is this overpriced? Remember this is in Norway so everything is about 1.3-1.5x

6. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    Yup. The brake light or ABS light on the dash. (on speedo). Not sure if specifically one or both would illuminate.

As far as expensive.. if it were me I'd have a look at the scan. No need to replace EVERYTHING. Replace what has gone wrong... i.e. most likely the sensor. Coils are built into the shocks so please reveal how they replace those for $2000 and the sensors. Sensors alone should be $2000 USD.

For those who might find this in the future... this is one of the few times that a scan with a Leonardo or SD2 actually saves your money. It will let you pinpoint which component is bad, and you can replace that. To replace all the sensors or the shocks is needlessly expensive.

7. DonJuan348

DonJuan348 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 5, 2008
    Taxing Jersey
  8. rexrcr

rexrcr Formula 3

Nov 27, 2002
    Kalamazoo, MI
    Full Name:
    Rob Schermerhorn
    Thank you for the link to my website I appreciate it. Just for clarification the 360 and 430 application does not have a little gear on the top of the shock like the F355 does and others of that era that were supplied with Bilstein shock absorbers.

Ferrari changed suppliers to Sachs. The solenoid motor adjuster is internal and at this point in time not serviceable. We're working on a solution to rebuild these but are not near ready to market at this point.

Rob

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

9. DonJuan348

DonJuan348 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 5, 2008
    Taxing Jersey
    Rob,

Thanks for clarification. I was under impression that 360 had similar setup to 355.

I believe one of my adjuster is bad not that i know they are serviceable, I'm going to coilovers to permanent eliminate the issue.

For others who may wish to seek this option, which coilover would you recommend?

10. rexrcr

rexrcr Formula 3

Nov 27, 2002
    Kalamazoo, MI
    Full Name:
    Rob Schermerhorn
    Thanks for the pm. Sorry, I don't log in here often

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

11. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 Veteran
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016