Ferrari 330 GTC Official Picture Thread | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Ferrari 330 GTC Official Picture Thread

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by Dawid-N, Jun 29, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 330's Inc.

330's Inc. Rookie

Nov 20, 2014
    Full Name:
    Dwayne
    #26 330's Inc., Jul 13, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    -CD- likes this.
  2. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Looks very nice and elegant in darkblue.
    9949 was originally Argento 25090 A with Nero Franzi interior.

Marcel Massini

3. 330's Inc.

330's Inc. Rookie

Nov 20, 2014
    Full Name:
    Dwayne
    Thank you Marcel, I wanted to do the car back to the original silver but my Father told me if I was going to restore it had to be anything but silver. My father was a painter also and the place he worked they always built silver show car's and after two divorces and still having the car he wanted a different approach on it. The car is black now sorry my pictures make it look blue is there a paint code number for black?

4. Edc2104

Edc2104 Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

May 21, 2011
    Greenwich CT
    Full Name:
    Evan
    #29 Edc2104, Jul 23, 2016
    NEP likes this.
  5. Bob Zambelli

Bob Zambelli F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Manning, SC
    Full Name:
    Robert G. Zambelli
    If anyone is interested, I can post some of the things I've done with my GTC In the last 40 years to to make it reliable and more fun to drive.
    Bob Z.

cyama likes this.
  6. nschots

nschots Formula Junior

Jan 7, 2011
    Buenos Aires.
    Full Name:
    Nicolás Sch.
    ¡Sure Bob! Please share!

7. KenGoldman

KenGoldman Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 25, 2009
    MASS., USA
    Full Name:
    Kenneth Goldman
    Please let us know what you did with your 330 GTC.
    You certainly have more experience than me (6 years) and probably most of the rest of us here.

Thanks,
    Ken Goldman

8. Bob Zambelli

Bob Zambelli F1 Rookie

Nov 3, 2003
    Manning, SC
    Full Name:
    Robert G. Zambelli
    OK, gents - I will gather some of my info and post it soon.

Bob Z.

9. FarEastFerrari

FarEastFerrari Formula Junior

Jan 27, 2014
    Hong Kong, LA & NY
    Full Name:
    Thomas Choi
    #34 FarEastFerrari, Jul 27, 2016
    -CD- and cyama like this.
  10. Randy

Randy Formula 3

Nov 9, 2003
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    Randy
    #35 Randy, Jul 29, 2016
    NEP likes this.
  11. Dave330gtc

Dave330gtc Formula Junior

Mar 12, 2002
    NW Indiana
    Full Name:
    David Smith
    #36 Dave330gtc, Jul 30, 2016
    NEP likes this.
  12. Bob Zambelli

Bob Zambelli F1 Rookie

Nov 3, 2003
    Manning, SC
    Full Name:
    Robert G. Zambelli
    #37 Bob Zambelli, Jul 30, 2016
    NEP likes this.
  13. NürScud

NürScud F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2012
    Very beautiful.

:)

14. Bob Zambelli

Bob Zambelli F1 Rookie

Nov 3, 2003
    Manning, SC
    Full Name:
    Robert G. Zambelli
    As promised:

I am a bit puzzled with the posts that I’ve been reading regarding maintenance costs that have either happened or are anticipated. I don’t know who is doing what to the cars but I can assure you all that some of these predicted maintenance costs are just not so.
    I would like to share information based on my experience with my 1967 330 GTC.
    Please allow me to preface this by saying that the following short essay is based on my personal experience from owning Ferraris since 1974. You may or may not have the same good fortune

I won’t go into all the details but I bought the car with 40,000 miles in November, 1975.
    First thing – changed all the fluids. The engine was rebuilt (by ALGAR, as I recall) and a new clutch installed just before I acquired it. It now has almost 183,000 miles. I had three major problems. I had to rebuild the transaxle at 76,000, replace the differential at 155,000 and replaced four valves at 156,000. A valve adjusting screw broke and four valves were damaged. Rebuilt the carbs once, adjusted the valves twice, replaced the alternator with a GM single-wire unit – I got tired of the poor performance of the original Lucas alternator. Replaced the coils with Bosch Blue coils, replaced the cooling fans with Haydon units. Adjusted the clutch a few times (I DID NOT replace the clutch). Replaced brakes and tires, of course. I replace the points and balance the carbs (if needed) about every 25 to 30,000 miles. I clean the plugs when I feel they need cleaning. Keep in mind that my car has spent LOTS of time on the track and was always driven hard. I also used it for many trips as well as daily transportation.
    I replaced the lower ball joints and the rear springs just after I bought it. It is still perfect. All shocks are original. Rebuilt the fuel pump at the same time.
    I replaced the coolant hoses in 1975 when I bought the car. I just replaced them again in 2003! I got ALL the hoses at the local parts store. A few water pump seals too.
    Other than that, just routine maintenance – oil, filters, fluids etc. I even found FRAM air filters at the local parts store that fit perfectly.
    This may all sound like a lot but keep in mind that it is almost 50 years old and I’ve driven it around 143,000 miles. Also, it was just a “used car”, virtually all original except for the engine and clutch work when I bought it.
    If you purchase a well-maintained carbureted car and drive it 2 to 5,000 miles per year, there is no reason for spending any more than a few hundred dollars on maintenance. If it’s been properly restored, better yet as many of the original parts that might fail (like valve adjusting screws!!) will have been replaced.
    Here are some of the products I use in the GTC – selected after lots of testing and comparison:
    Oil – Pennzoil 20W50 or 10W40. I used to buy Kendall 20W50 GT-1 but it’s no longer available.
    Oil filters – Only Baldwin B-253
    Plugs – Only NGK BP5-ES or BP6-ES (the slightly hotter plug is less prone to fouling)
    Transaxle fluid – Valvoline 90W/140. YES, the car shifts perfectly even when cold.
    Brake fluid – Only Castrol LMA. NEVER silicon.
    Alternator belt – NAPA belts work just fine.
    Air conditioner belts – don’t know – never changed them!
    Anti-freeze – whatever’s on sale!
    Fuel – REGULAR, unleaded.
    Fuel additives – A can of Gumout carburetor cleaner two or three times a year. Dri-gas once a year.
    Oil additives - NEVER

Here are a few hints for performing your own maintenance:

Go out and buy a complete set of Craftsman 1/4 and 3/8 drive 6 point deep and shallow metric sockets, some standard and Phillips screwdrivers, a set of metric combination wrenches, a DVM and an advance timing light (Craftsman is great). Also, some good pliers, dykes, an oil filter wrench, two pickup tools, one magnetic and one mechanical and a good set of feeler gages. A “clicker” type torque wrench and a soft-faced copper hammer.

Do your work slowly and methodically and NEVER force anything. If you encounter a problem, before you panic or give up, stop and think about it and read the various manuals that you should have already purchased for your model. Or, E-mail me and we’ll get in touch by phone!

Finally, if your car is running right, DON’T MESS WITH IT!!! No matter what you hear about carb tuning, timing adjustment, etc.

Don’t bother warming it up for a long period – it’s a waste of gas. Half a minute at fast idle, in neutral with the clutch out, then drive it gently until the water and oil temperatures are up. Then, drive it - spirited, as they say – and you’ll really enjoy what a Ferrari was meant to do.

If I may offer my opinion, the 330 GTC and the 2 headlight 330 2+2 are two of the all-around best if you’re looking for an older V-12

Even though this is a “photo” thread, I hope some of you benefit from my experience. Also, I’d welcome hints and suggestions from your experience.

Bob Z

wmuno, Rock doc and cyama like this.
  15. Bob Zambelli

Bob Zambelli F1 Rookie

Nov 3, 2003
    Manning, SC
    Full Name:
    Robert G. Zambelli
    I didn't care for the blue - it's yellow now.

Bob Z.

16. Daytonafan

Daytonafan F1 Rookie

Oct 18, 2003
    Surrey, England
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    #41 Daytonafan, Jul 30, 2016
    This is 11381 from when my Dad owned it (I also posted this pic in the UK section's old pics thread a few months ago). Taken at the Spa Ferrari racing days in 2000.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

NEP likes this.
  17. ferrarik

ferrarik Karting

Feb 21, 2015
  18. ferrarik

ferrarik Karting

Feb 21, 2015
    #43 ferrarik, Aug 4, 2016
    NEP likes this.
  19. Edc2104

Edc2104 Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

May 21, 2011
    Greenwich CT
    Full Name:
    Evan
    #44 Edc2104, Aug 6, 2016
    NEP likes this.
  20. tritone

tritone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 8, 2003
    On the Rock
    Full Name:
    James
    #45 tritone, Aug 9, 2016
    NEP likes this.
  21. Bob Zambelli

Bob Zambelli F1 Rookie

Nov 3, 2003
    Manning, SC
    Full Name:
    Robert G. Zambelli
    Haven't seen any posts lately.

Any GTCs to share?

Bob Z.

22. dmn23

dmn23 Karting

Nov 9, 2006
  23. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    11449 is absolutely gorgeous in the rare factory color Grigio Mahmoud 2.443.931.
    The first of just two 330 GTC's originally painted in this perfect color for a GTC.

Marcel Massini

24. wmuno

wmuno Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 24, 2007
    Wilmette, Illinois
    Full Name:
    Bill Muno
    #49 wmuno, Nov 1, 2016
    NEP likes this.
  25. Marcel Massini