456 / 550 / 575 Cross Reference, Interchangeable Parts Source Thread | Page 11 | FerrariChat

456 / 550 / 575 Cross Reference, Interchangeable Parts Source Thread

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by Cribbj, Jan 9, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. wbklink

wbklink F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 2, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Bill Karp
  2. fstncln

fstncln Rookie

Jul 30, 2015
    Brighton, MI USA
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Thanks guys. I've heard the Hill bearings are actually better than the OEM Ferrari bearings since the former are real SKF and the latter may not always be. Is that true? Does anyone have an SKF bearing they could read the part number(s) off of? I have access to pretty much any SKF bearing, I just need the part number. Using 171057 hasn't been able to get that for me. I just want the best bearing from a good source. If I can get the SKF PN I can see if there's something even better.

3. henri66

henri66 Karting

Oct 10, 2006
    Previously Maranello
    I also changed mine with the Hill Engineering one.
    Look at that link for the picture of mine https://www.theferrarista.com/forum-ferrari/topic/4992-456m-changement-des-guides-de-soupape/?do=findComment&comment=221425

The bearing is [​IMG]

For the accessory belt bearing look at: https://www.theferrarista.com/forum-ferrari/topic/4992-456m-changement-des-guides-de-soupape/?do=findComment&comment=221424

Sorry for the links in French.

4. fstncln

fstncln Rookie

Jul 30, 2015
    Brighton, MI USA
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Thanks. I ordered the Hill bearings directly from them and found a good source for the Dayco belts too. I still have a hard time believing that a car with less than 18k miles needs new belts and bearings. These cars had to comply with US emission laws which mandate that major emission control equipment has to effectively last the "useful life" of the vehicle. I believe this was 90k mi. in 2003. Now it's 120k for most cars and 150k for the cleanest ones. Even the maintenance schedule in the manual doesn't call for such frequent replacements. I know I have the "5 year" belts but even that's not very long for most timing belts. I will be driving the car at least once every 2 weeks, until it's fully warm. Even in the winter I'll move it around in the garage and let it get fully warm. That should eliminate a lot of the problems associated with letting it sit for too long. I don't plan on tracking the car but I will drive it like it was meant to be driven. Does anybody have any experience/comments on how this type of use would affect maintenance and replacement schedules? Or is it really just 5 years, ??? miles, or else? Thanks.

5. ///Mink

///Mink Formula Junior

Sep 5, 2006
    Fair Oaks, CA
    Full Name:
    Tom Mink

I think you're delving into a technical discussion which really isn't the purpose of this thread (interchanges). You should start your own thread or search the forums for answers. Not trying to be rude, just trying to keep this particular thread clean.

6. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    That question is the subject of dozens, if not hundreds, of threads. Do a search.

Service items like belts do no have to meet the requirements you quote. Ferrari originally thought they did and had extended intervals for belt replacement that resulted in quite a few trashed engines. All the bulletins on cambelt changes are posted in multiple locations. Once you read those, you can use whatever change interval makes you comfortable.

7. puckybadger

puckybadger Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 12, 2016
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    How often do you change your belts?

8. fstncln

fstncln Rookie

Jul 30, 2015
    Brighton, MI USA
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Sorry for getting too deep into it here, should've moved the reply elsewhere. I've done searches and have found there to be a lot of conflicting information. I also wanted to get more current info to allow for changing technology, etc. Belts usually last longer.

9. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Every 5 years.

10. Simon1965

Simon1965 Formula Junior

Feb 8, 2011
    HKSAR
    Full Name:
    Simon
    One day I jumped into my 550 which started up ok but then had heavy steering Turns out that the alternator was failing so the voltage was low and as a result this steering unit didn't work properly. Took a while to figure it out but it became clear when instruments stopped working etc. changed alternator and added a new battery and all gremlins went away. Love how temperamental these cars are when it comes to voltage.

11. tantumaude

tantumaude Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2016
    Burlington, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mat
    I came across an interesting claim today: the 456GT MAF is the same as that from a Saab 9000 or Volvo 740 or 960. I can't confirm, but the Bosch numbers match.

12. dencap

dencap Karting

Sep 29, 2013
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Dennis Caponigro
    Good morning,

Does anyone know the current part numbers for the 456M fuel pump and injector relays? I have been through a long and arduous paper trail with many replacement advisories. I am currently at Bosch #0 332 209 151.

Thanks in advance,
    Dennis

13. cls

cls Formula 3

Jun 12, 2007
    Los Angeles/Montreal
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Center Console strut 456GT (Stabilus are available but old stock and are usually dead)

Associated Spring GSWB-4106-11

14. Andrew D.

Andrew D. F1 Rookie

Jul 6, 2008
    Goodwood Ontario
    Full Name:
    Andrew D.
    Is the AC compressor unique to the 456 or will it interchange with another make? Thanks in advance.

15. au-yt

au-yt F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 13, 2006
    Burradoo... Actually
    Full Name:
    Graeme
    Andrew
    I had mine rebuilt as the stock of these have dried up
    Do a search of this thread it may assist.

16. bay

bay Formula 3

Mar 13, 2011
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Bernard
    Référence Ferrari part # 153095 Windshield Wiper Relay (intermitter) valid for the following models : 360/360 F1 Modena, 456 GT, 456 GT Auto, 456 GT/GTA, 456 MGT/MGTA (def) 1998, 550 Maranello, F355 ABS BOSCH/355 F1, F355 B/GTS/Spider Mo. 2.7, F355 B/GTS/Spider Mo. 5.2

;)

BOSCH 1 147 328 143 (1147328143)

17. MotoMeccanica

MotoMeccanica Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 21, 2006
    Calgary Alberta
    Go to Polar Bear in Ft Lauderdale. They can rebuild at a great price. I had one supplied by them, shipped overnight for under $500 cdn, but I had to swap the pulley over as they could not supply with a 6 groove, only an 8 groove.

Scott

18. wbklink

wbklink F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 2, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Bill Karp
    I bought a receiver dryer from them great people to work with.

19. fatbillybob

fatbillybob Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    #269 fatbillybob, Sep 8, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  20. user2006

user2006 Karting

Jun 29, 2006
    #271 user2006, Sep 10, 2016
    456 (same 355 and others):
    The headlights are produced by Hella. You can get them (without Ferrari-Logo) at the local dealer. Be aware that they come with 24V bulbs as they are used in MAN trucks nowadays.

Left: 1DL 005 600-097
    Right: 1DL 005 600-107

They are equipped with H1 bulbs for low beam and high beam, not the HB4 used in the original US-cars!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

21. peter seow

peter seow Karting

Oct 9, 2015
    KL
    Full Name:
    Peter
    For those with dome light issue or window issues.
    The door stricker controls the widow and is sold as a complete set with a micro switch its from a bmw e36

The micro switch for the dome or door light is from an e36 coupe or cabriolet with the following part no:

(L) Door Microswitch Assembly, p/n 51 21 8 208 423, $39.06 list, or
    (R) Door Microswitch Assembly, p/n 51 21 8 208 424, $39.06 list

The installing/removal information is from:

Frankie's BMW :: 3 Series :: DIY Procedures :: Door Microswitch Replacement

22. Gizzi

Gizzi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 3, 2011
    Brisbane, Australia
    Full Name:
    Gezim
    Has anyone come up with a replacement for the wheel bearing/hub on the 456? Apparently they are the same as a 355, 348 and 550.

23. PAUL500

PAUL500 F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2013
    If it is the same as a 355 then you wont find an alternative.

The bearing is integral to the assembly not a stand alone item, the bearing outer race is actually the surface of the hub, its therefore unique to Ferrari.

I stripped one hoping to replace the bearing with an off the shelf standard unit, it cannot be done I am afraid.

They carried on the design with the 599 as we had a used one sent to us by accident, it looks the same but when we went to fit it then its a bit chunkier

24. Reynaldo

Reynaldo Rookie

Oct 19, 2011
    #275 Reynaldo, Nov 13, 2016
    Thank you all subscribers sharing this important parts information.

Heater valve is no longer stocked and very difficult to refurb. Results in steady temperature build up without respite. Solenoid actuated valve sits in engine bay below the windscreen.

Item 22 on the drawings at Eurospares: '22 electro magnetic valve'.

Heater Valve Bosch 1147 412 013

Rardley Motors in UK thinks a driver has replaced with a BMW part but we have not identified. eBay and google searches not producing results.

Thanks to all. Photos of part and car attached.