Lewis Hamilton - Poorest F1 Loser Ever? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Lewis Hamilton - Poorest F1 Loser Ever?

Discussion in 'F1' started by Robb, Nov 27, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

Is Lewis Hamilton the Poorest Loser that F1 has ever seen?

1. Yes

2. No

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. IamRobG

IamRobG F1 Rookie

Jun 18, 2007
    NY
    Yep. Then Vettel, Grosjean, and the Manor kid i think it was Ocon?

2. davem

davem F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2002
    Stepford, Connecticut
    Full Name:
    dave m
    Was rooting for LH the last few races out of him, and Nico. Ferrari is out of it so...
    But after reading Hambone's negative comments and his radio transmission today about "losing the WC either way so I don't care" comment.

Its hard to be looked as a loser when you win a race, but Hammy accomplished that!

3. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Lewis Hamilton risks losing £30m deal as Mercedes driver defies team orders at the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix

• Lewis Hamilton finished first in the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix on Sunday
    • Hamilton ignored the instructions of his team to pick up the pace as the race reached its climax
    • The Brit attempted to back up the pack in order to put more drivers between himself and rival Rosberg
    • Team principal Toto Wolff accused Hamilton of causing 'anarchy'

Read more:

Lewis Hamilton risks losing £30m deal as Mercedes driver defies team orders at the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix | Daily Mail Online

4. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
  5. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    I didn't see that one.

I saw them when they were preparing to go on the rostrum.

Vettel was speaking with Rosberg; Hamilton was sulking in a corner.

6. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
  7. scudF1

scudF1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Billy
    What a loser!! He should congratulate Nico regardless.

8. GERRA456gt

GERRA456gt Formula 3

Jun 4, 2005
    Australia, Melbourne
    Full Name:
    Anthony

And that's why he has no mates in F1.

9. GordonC

GordonC F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 28, 2005
    Calgary, AB, Canada
    Full Name:
    Gordon
    Christian Horner's thoughts - https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2016/nov/27/lewis-hamilton-disciplinary-action-mercedes-abu-dhabi-f1-grand-prix?

(Stupid article to begin, has the same Toto Wolff quotes about him being of two minds and undecided if action is warranted, yet they title the article "Hamilton faces disciplinary action)" - no, he doesn't face anything yet)

Per Horner:
    "Hamilton was supported by Wolff’s opposite number at Red Bull, Christian Horner, who had cheekily suggested a few days earlier that the Mercedes driver should employ the strategy. Horner said: “I wouldn’t have expected him to do anything different. He played completely within the rules.

“Winning the race wasn’t going to be enough for him today, he needed cars between him and, if he’d charged off into the distance, he wouldn’t have created that possibility. So he won the race as slowly as he could. It’s like in a football game where the team might protect from the opposition by kicking the ball around and not enabling the opposition to get hold of the it. I didn’t see that he did anything wrong today

Horner, whose Red Bull dominated Formula One before the rise of Mercedes in 2014, added: “We know that Toto likes to control most things in the paddock, including other teams’ drivers. I understand that Toto has suggested that Lewis followed my instruction rather than his, and he should come and drive for Red Bull.

“Congratulations to Nico. He’s driven a great season and is a very worthy world champion. But it was naive to think there would be any different approach to this race with what’s at stake. Lewis drove a tactical race. He didn’t do anything dirty. He didn’t do anything against the rules. I think it would be unfair to criticise him for the way that he drove.”

10. Jakuzzi

Jakuzzi Formula 3

Mar 26, 2005
    PR, TX, GV
    Full Name:
    Jaime
    And what "good reason" did Senna have my dear Sir? :)

Cheers.

11. Jakuzzi

Jakuzzi Formula 3

Mar 26, 2005
    PR, TX, GV
    Full Name:
    Jaime
    Corrected it for you. BOTH times Senna and Prost Clashed in Japan (1989 & 1990), Senna was the guilty party. :)

Cheers.

12. ledif.sacort

ledif.sacort Rookie

Nov 27, 2016
    UK
    Full Name:
    Ledif Sacort
    Horner is right.

The PC drama in this thread trumps Lewis' selfishness. Sign of the times, sadly.
    There is no magnanimity in PC.

13. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    And Hamilton went up to him after exiting their cars and congratulated him.

14. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    I think Lewis is overrated in both directions...he is neither the greatest driver of all times nore the poorest looser...
    Actually I did not see anything after the race that made him derserving this rating...He went to Nico and congratulated him for the title. He said that Nico had less reliability issues (which is not untrue) but admitted that Nico did nothing wrong to get this title. Everything said before this race was just "mind games" just that this year he did not get under Nicos skin as he did in the last two years. I am curious how this will develop next year as both Lewis knows that this does not work anymore and Nico knows that he is able to beat him.
    Mix up an agressive Max in an equal car and we might actually witness a great upcoming season.

15. United458

United458 Karting

Dec 2, 2015
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Not sure Nico knows he is able to beat him. The mechanical failures were amazingly unlucky - or not really unlucky but perhaps part of the MB conspiracy. Either way, Lewis dominated the end of season races and qualifying taking all the polls. Hard to believe Nico feels like the best driver......

16. sammysaber

sammysaber Formula Junior

Dec 21, 2011
    Correct me if I'm wrong but the mechanical failures are 4-4 in 3 seasons.

Best,
    Sammy

17. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    +1

That's the way I saw it too.

18. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Wheel-to-wheel, I think Hamilton will still beat him because he isn't afraid to used unsporting tactics, like pushing Rosberg off the track, blocking him, leaving no room, etc...

Rosberg doesn't have this kind of aggression in him to retaliate.

Only the stewards could punish Hamilton for his dubious tactics and clip his wings, but they don't seem to do that.

19. IamRobG

IamRobG F1 Rookie

Jun 18, 2007
    NY
    He also botched numerous starts on his own.

If ricciardo didn't have a botched pit stop in monaco Lewis wouldn't be in th fight.
    If Lewis didnt take nico out in Spain he wouldn't be in the fight.
    If I guess all 6 numbers on the lotto I would be a multi millionaire.
    If if if if.

Rosberg won fair and square. Lewis won the first two fair and square.

20. singletrack

singletrack F1 Veteran

Mar 16, 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA
    I have to say. This is some strong logic here. It's going to hurt someone's feelings.

21. singletrack

singletrack F1 Veteran

Mar 16, 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Nonsense.

22. singletrack

singletrack F1 Veteran

Mar 16, 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA
    This.

It's like reality distortion field today on fchat.

People cannot believe a world champion did not accept a command to lose the world championship. How dare he!?

How dare Mercedes. They are hypocrites. When it was literally all on the line for the drivers and not the team, they did not actually let them race.

23. singletrack

singletrack F1 Veteran

Mar 16, 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Exactly. Nico believes he is the best, because he was this year. There have been many world champions in motorsports that were not the fastest in all out pace.

They are both deserving champions in today's F1 IMO.