Ferrari Finali Mondiali - Daytona 2016 | Page 5 | FerrariChat

Ferrari Finali Mondiali - Daytona 2016

Discussion in 'Florida' started by Scott98, Aug 30, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Part Time

Part Time Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 16, 2013
    Port St. Lucie, Fl
    Full Name:
    Gary Shore
    I have pics, but the speedway wifi isn't fast enough to load them...

Gary

2. Konadog06

Konadog06 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 22, 2007
    Daytona Beach, Florida
    Full Name:
    Bill
    #102 Konadog06, Dec 2, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    First visit to the event this morning. I know it's a matter of one's perspective, from mine this event is off the charts. And I haven't found my way to the pits yet. They are running under the lights tonight. So much and so little time...
    Bill
    FL
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. izaacbrook

izaacbrook Formula Junior

Dec 22, 2013
    Northern NJ
    Full Name:
    Izaac Brook
    3445 GT is there.

4. furmano

furmano Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 22, 2004
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Furman
    Hey guys, can you grab serial numbers, in particular for the F60 America's?

Ferrari claims to have only made 10 units but I would like to start collecting the VIN's and see if Ferrari actually did what they said they did. :p

Also VIN's for any of the SP's would be cool too.

Thanks guys!!!

(Marcel you need to come to the Colorado Grand one of these days.)

-F

5. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    Seven 333 SP's! Does anyone know when these cars are going to run? Other than actually being at this event, I'm looking forward to the 333 SP the most.

Thanks

6. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
  7. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Anyone good photos or videos of Mike Zoi running his v10 F1?

8. BMW.SauberF1Team

Dec 4, 2004
    Does anyone know if the Concours d'Elegance area is open to those with general admission tickets? The map layout say Ferrari invited guests only, but I'm not sure if that refers to the cars or the spectators or both...haha. The event map one: https://www.daytonainternationalspeedway.com/Visitor-Center/Maps.aspx

What model F1 car is it? This video someone posted shows a few F1 cars on the track Thursday. 2:09 mark to 3:15. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lG2Hvrxydro

9. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    It was one of last v10's, record breaking years Schumacher car. Maybe 2004.

10. jehu999

jehu999 Formula Junior

Dec 2, 2011
    Coastal Central Fl
    Full Name:
    James
    I think you need the Ferrari ticket. I don't think the speedway ticket will get you in the concours area, but the guys at the gate today were pretty relaxed about it as I saw them letting a few people without the F tag through.

There is sensory automotive overload. So many cars great cars. I've never been to Cavalino, and other than location, how does this compare car wise?

11. BMW.SauberF1Team

Dec 4, 2004
    Are the modern one of cars like the P540 and SA45 in there or just the vintage stuff? I don't even know how to buy the Ferrari ticket at this point, but if the one off cars are not in the area I think I'll be OK with just having to use my zoom lens to see them if I can't get up close. I don't want all the super rare ones to be sectioned off if I knew beforehand...

12. Konadog06

Konadog06 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 22, 2007
    Daytona Beach, Florida
    Full Name:
    Bill
    #112 Konadog06, Dec 2, 2016
    Re access to the concours area. So far things have been pretty relaxed. I would think you will have access to this area with the daily ticket. I have the four day $60 ticket purchased directly from the track and have had no access problems to the paddock area or concours area. There has been a lot of misinformation leading up to this event. The people there putting it on have been nothing but positive and easy to work with in my opinion.
    This afternoon upon entering I was told at the gate that if you were driving a Ferrari you didn't have to pay for infield parking. That news, which I don't know how accurate, was a little late for me.
    James, completely agree, sensory overload and somewhat surreal.
    Bill
    FL

13. Part Time

Part Time Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 16, 2013
    Port St. Lucie, Fl
    Full Name:
    Gary Shore
    I just got home tonight, the blue wristband will get you into the garage and you will be walking among all of the FXX racers, the customer F1 cars and all the rest......only 2 garage doors were closed today, the cars for Seb and Kimi.
    The red band will get you a few more places, it is a LOT of walking to see it all.
    It was total overload, too many cars, but absolutely worth it......will it be in this US again ?
    I took 133 pics and a dozen videos, gotta sort thru and try to upload a few.

Gary

14. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    I took 600 pix in one day today Friday. Cannot post them on fchat unfortunately (no idea how to do that), have them on the ipad now.

Marcel Massini

15. BMW.SauberF1Team

Dec 4, 2004
    600 wow! I recommend uploading to Flickr.com (a yahoo website) and post the link to the album here. They give 1 tb space free, full resolution, and you can adjust any copyright info as you please.

16. Bisonte

Bisonte F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 27, 2007
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Greg
    I decided I can't miss this, so I just booked my flights and hotel, and I'm headed down there tomorrow. Planning on calling the track in the morning to see if there's any way they can split the Fan Hospitality package down to one day. We'll see. :)

Trying to figure out where I put my DSLR in the meantime.

17. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    Does anyone know how registrations are running for the Guinness World Record attempt this evening ?

18. Moopz

Moopz F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 29, 2004
    Orlando, FL
    They said there are over 1000 registered.

19. kylec

kylec F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 9, 2005
    Orlando
    DIS has always had a rule that pants and closed shoes were required in the garage areas but I'm not sure if that will be enforced for this event.

20. Part Time

Part Time Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 16, 2013
    Port St. Lucie, Fl
    Full Name:
    Gary Shore
    #120 Part Time, Dec 3, 2016
    That pants and shoes rule has been very relaxed according to what I saw yesterday, I was in shorts all day and saw many sandals and flip flops....pit lane is another matter.
    It was 72 F yesterday morning when I left the house, went 2 hours north and it was 61 F, I wished I had jeans on.

Of course, they looked comfortable.....

Gary

21. kylec

kylec F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 9, 2005
    Orlando
    #121 kylec, Dec 3, 2016
  22. BMW.SauberF1Team

Dec 4, 2004
    Furmano, I got all the photos and also video of all today cars for you. Great day!

23. BMW.SauberF1Team

Dec 4, 2004
    The XX and Client area is where it's at. Hearing them warm up is incredible. Seb and Kimi cars here with garage open. 288 Eco in the concours area. Tons of LaF. You can get 1 day garage access for $10.

24. furmano

furmano Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 22, 2004
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Furman
    Thank you. One of these days I just need to suck it up and pay for transport. :)

-F

25. BMW.SauberF1Team

Dec 4, 2004
    I walked up both the East and West Ferrari parking areas with pics of all cars and video walking. I think I've seen over 25 LaF here. 3 F50, 3 F40, 2 288, almost 10 Enzos. I can't keep track this ia out of hand. I have video of all the cars basically except the challenge car garages. I got a lot of good F1 garage warm-up action. Over 20 gigs...