Lewis Hamilton - Poorest F1 Loser Ever? | Page 8 | FerrariChat

Lewis Hamilton - Poorest F1 Loser Ever?

Discussion in 'F1' started by Robb, Nov 27, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

Is Lewis Hamilton the Poorest Loser that F1 has ever seen?

1. Yes

2. No

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    I think it was pretty serious. Remember that even at Monaco there where rumous he wouldn't race, him getting into a fight in a Cannes nightclub etc...

On top of that, when Brundle attempted to ask him about it (''can you now confirm if you wanted to leave the team after the Spanish GP?'') Hamilton said ''that's in the past and it's private''. Anyone knows that's a confirmation. If it wasn't true (or if he didn't want people to know) he would've said ''It's not true''.

2. It's Ross

It's Ross Formula 3

Jul 30, 2007
    Barrington, Ill. USA
    Full Name:
    Ross
    I don't hold a grudge, I just think he is a juvenile twit that just happens to pilot the best(by far)car on the grid and thinks HE is responsible for his championships.
    This makes him #2 in a field of 2.
    I'd love to see the tantrums this self important baby boy would be having in second tier car.
    Congrats to Nico, I hope he's loving it.

3. singletrack

singletrack F1 Veteran

Mar 16, 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA
    I'm pretty sure he said something to that effect for the reasons you mention. I just wonder if it was a childish remark in passing/arguing, or if he made it and went home for a few days and let Merc sweat. The latter is a lot more unprofessional than the former.

I guess we'll have to wait for the book ; P

4. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    But in my opinion this is not poor sportsmanship but only poor self-reflection. He might share this view with his followers but it does not paint the entire picture.
    If he thinks that he did nothing wrong at all and that it is only down to technical issues then this can be only good for Nico. You can only solve problems when you see them and if Lewis is not aware how many points he lost due to collisions or bad starts, or how many points he gained by pure luck (Monaco, Spa with the red flag) he does not learn anything from that.
    The first mistake was letting Nico easily win the last races in 2015 instead of crushing him for once and forever. He does not see that, good for Nico...
    "Pride comes before a fall" and pride seems to be Lewis weakness.

5. singletrack

singletrack F1 Veteran

Mar 16, 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Bucket of truth here.

I like the bit about not finishing Nico off last year in particular...now he's created a monster.

6. gated_shifter

gated_shifter Formula Junior

Aug 5, 2015
    Plano, TX
    +6

put lewis in a mid-marker car and see what he can do (and how much crying he'd do). put him in the mclaren, put him in the force india, see what he does then.

vettel, verstappen, kimi, alonso, bottas - they'd all be top 2 in the mercedes!!

7. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    The whole thing is a storm in a tea cup...media hysteria ...Daily Mail ? Must be true guv etc etc .

Lewis has nothing on Schumi ,Senna,Prost and our Nigel in the poorest loser stakes..ohh i forgot Alonso who has also been known to be a tad sulky/petulant.

These guys all really really HATE to lose.it's in their DNA.They are racing drivers racing to WIN, not trundling around to make up the numbers.

Lewis did what any other F1 driver would have done in the same circumstances.It is not illegal,in fact virtually everyone in the paddock probably expected it.No it is not 'sporting' but that behaviour went out of the window several decades ago.

I was not surprised at the speed Seb caught up with everyone,but was surprised that he did not have a serious go at passing Nicole.Maybe he is angling at a Merc seat in the future?

Straight swap Seb for Lewis anyone ? They both seem to be a bit cheesed off right now.

Ohh and that Autosport poll thingy on the best driver in 2016 ..must be rubbish of course,lol:)

8. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    No way do ferrari need that sulky petulant whiner

9. Ferrari 308 GTB

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Unless Seb jumps into Nico's hot seat

10. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    Yes. I always think that he's the Jose Mourinho of F1. Extremely bad loser.

11. Ferrari 308 GTB

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    When you get so used to winning ..the losing gets tougher.

12. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Ask Vettel !!!

13. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    There were many good losers in the paddock. Michael, Mika, Kimi..to name a few. You never find any news, or complaining in the press. Back in the 2000s, Mika was always the first to congratulate Michael, and in 1998, Michael actually waiting at Parc Ferme to congratulate him on the title. Mika returned the favour in 2000. That was pure class.

The mechanical gremlins Kimi had in 2005...never once he threw the team under the bus. Hamilton is extremely overrated, IMO. He had a 'normal' car with Jense a few years ago, and could not beat him. He did nothing spectacular IMO.

14. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    +1

15. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Yep, you can't teach class, Elton will always be a poor relation to the above true gentlemen. He also wouldn't have seen which way any of them went in their prime, 'fast but dim' is his monicker

16. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    +1

17. JonOverton80

JonOverton80 Rookie

Sep 21, 2016
    Knoxville
    Full Name:
    Jonathan Overton
    I totally agree, although Senna and Schumacher made not have shown some dirty play at times, they were not crybabies like Lewis. Lewis always has teammate problems. If things are not going his way he blames the team, or someone else. I wish he was the one who retired. Although, maybe Ferrari can get back to form this next season and leave him sitting in the back.

18. Ky1e

Ky1e Formula 3

Mar 4, 2011
    FL
    I like Hamilton, he is ultra competitive and believes he is the best-- just the way a race car driver should be. I believe he is the better driver. It is not a team sport and he was going for his own championship. Nico wasnt even pressuring him. If you are better, faster than take the pole or pass him. If he is slowing in the non-pass areas and going fast in the passing areas then at least pressure him. I dont watch racing nor would I pick my drivers based on who was a better gentleman. The clock doesnt lie.

19. sammysaber

sammysaber Formula Junior

Dec 21, 2011
    Understand the clock - but what do you mean by saying you don't watch racing ?

Best,
    Sammy

20. Ky1e

Ky1e Formula 3

Mar 4, 2011
    FL
    I dont watch racing to see gentleman, I watch racing to see the best racers, racers who are willing to put it all on the line. Nico was a great driver, a smart driver, a safe driver. I like the guys that lay it all out, pole winners. Max V is great to watch.

21. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    +10

22. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Anyone out there on the track racing is putting it on the line. Good luck letting them know you dont think so LOL.

23. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    exactly guys.

24. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    In all honesty I do believe that Alonso is the best option for Mercedes. They can't risk underestimating Red Bull, with a fantastic driver line up, great technical team and an engine that'll be much closer to Merc power than previous years. Red Bull was 50bhp down on Mercedes. That's HUGE. And look how close they got...

If their car is a little faster than Red Bull, they quite simply won't win the WCC with Wehrlein. Ocon is too inexperienced I reckon.

If their car is as equally fast as Red Bull, RBR's line up is stronger than Hamilton + Bottas. Ric and VES are both great at judging overtaking and VES is insanely strong and ruthless defending as well. Then it starts to become a bigger risk for Mercedes already...Inserting Alonso will minimize their risk somewhat.

If RBR has a stronger car, they most definitely need an incredibly strong driver lineup. Only Alonso can fill that gap IMO.

The downside of Alonso at Mercedes (for Mercedes) is that Hamilton will not like it. I expect Alonso to be on the pace of Hamilton from the start and be quicker early on in the season. Hamilton won't like it one bit. Hamilton already left Mercedes at Barcelona this year, with Alonso ahead he'll throw the fit of all fits.

And for F1, Alonso has to be at Mercedes. If we go by the assumption that Mercedes is once again incredibly dominant, a dedicated #2 teammate for Hamilton will mean a pathetic season to watch for us. It won't do ticket sales ANY good, viewership will decline massively (2014 was kept interesting because of the Hamilton - Rosberg battle, '15 some people tuned in to see Verstappen and Vettel at Ferrari, and '16 HAM + ROS battle and Verstappen's fight at the front).

One man show up front, once again a Mercedes and Hamilton? Forget it. A battle has to be had.

25. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

One can hope Mercedes will take the more difficult path in gaining FA vs Wehrlost. They need a strong team as you state. We need to see that battle. Thats why we watch as Ian always posted!