Ferrari 330 P4 #0856 on eBay??? Please read... | FerrariChat

Ferrari 330 P4 #0856 on eBay??? Please read...

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by CJ1024, Dec 27, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. CJ1024

CJ1024 Rookie

Dec 27, 2016
    Hello everybody,
    While I do like the look of some Ferraris, I am not that much of an enthusiast, especially because I am not a millionare!
    I am an ebay seller, and I often sell things for people and get a commission. Well today, I was asked to list a Ferrari 330 P4. After listing it, I did some research and questioned the seller about the chassis number. He said it is number 0856. By what I have read, that car is the only surviving original P4, and that it has been owned by Lawrence Still since 2000, and he seems really attached to it. Could it be that he is selling it? It seems that this seller is pulling my leg. You can find the listing on eBay; he says the car is located in Nice, France.
    I would like to get in contact with Mr Stroll too; is there any way I can do that? Obviously I can't just google him to find a phone number. :)
    Thanks all,
    Clayton

2. Timmmmmmmmmmy

Timmmmmmmmmmy F1 Rookie

Apr 5, 2010
    NZ
    Full Name:
    Timothy Russell
    Link to the ad?

BTW, not particularly helpful but try your local Tommy Hilfiger outlet......

3. BIRA

BIRA Formula Junior

Jun 15, 2007
    May be a model 1/18 representing LS car?

4. Ramboy

Ramboy Formula Junior

Aug 6, 2009
    Stockholm
    Full Name:
    David Ramm
    If you are referring to the vehicle with GB registration "899 TMY" , this P4 replica was built by Terry Hoyle using parts from the ex-Robert Abraham Ferrari 400 #21237. It was sold at Bonhams auction in 2007 for £35,600.

David

5. michael platzer

michael platzer F1 Veteran

Nov 12, 2003
    Austria
    Full Name:
    Michael Platzer
    Nonsense! Lawrence "Still"?
    If 0856 would come to the market it will set a new record for the most expensive car ever sold.
    Why should Mr. Stroll use the help of an "ebay-seller" like you.
    Every big auction house would love to sell 0856 as the highlight of the year!

Thats simply nonsense.

6. tomgt

tomgt F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 22, 2004
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Tom Wiggers
  7. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
  8. tongascrew

tongascrew F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2006
    tewksbury
    Full Name:
    george burgess
    See my comments. Hold your fire. This is all you will ever hear about from me on this subject. tonga's crew

9. CJ1024

CJ1024 Rookie

Dec 27, 2016
    Thank you sir, this is just the ammo I need to talk with this "seller". I tried googling the registration with no luck.

10. 4rePhill

4rePhill F1 Veteran

Oct 18, 2009
    Worcester, England
    Full Name:
    Phill J
    So is this your advert also?: Ferrari 330 P4 Racing Street Car V12 For Sale (1967) on Car And Classic UK [C819409]

Genuine question: Why would you list an item on your ebay account for a total stranger without carrying out any due diligence whatsoever first?:

Does nothing about this whole situation not raise alarm bells for you? :confused:
    (as it does everyone else!)

Can you not see how this appears to be a blatant scam?:

You're (allegedly) selling something on ebay through your account without knowing anything at all about the supposed seller - Why don't they simply sell it on ebay themselves?

You have no knowledge about the authenticity of the item for sale - In fact, the information given to you about the chassis number does not match what is (allegedly) for sale!

And, the item for sale isn't even in the Country that you're in!

Sorry, but something about this whole situation smells fishier than Billingsgate Fish Market!

11. CJ1024

CJ1024 Rookie

Dec 27, 2016
    Phil,
    No I have nothing to do with that other ad.
    I know the instant one of you guys would have seen "330 P4", you instantly know only 4 were made, and one original exists. I, on the other hand, do not know anything about Ferraris; how could that have given me a red flag? I do admit that I should have done research first.
    Usually when someone wants an ebay seller to sell stuff, it's a big company in China who doesn't want to pay people by the hour to list things; it's cheaper to hire out freelancers and give them a commission. It does take time and work to build a good ebay account, and you can't just "sell it yourself" unless you put the time in.
    Why is there a separate thread in vintage anyway? Did a moderator put it here? I posted in the non-specific discussion forum.

12. mseals

mseals Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 9, 2007
    Kuwait
    Full Name:
    Mike Seals
    Yes.

I copied the thread and put it in Vintage, as well as in General Discussion.

The guys here are experts. I wanted to make sure they had a chance to weigh in.

Mike

13. piloti

piloti Formula 3
    Honorary

Jul 11, 2004
    England
    Full Name:
    Nathan Beehl
    Give us a link to the advert. There are many knowledgeable people on here who could help you avoid making a big mistake.
    Nathan

14. tongascrew

tongascrew F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2006
    tewksbury
    Full Name:
    george burgess
    This refers to the original post requesting P4 blueprints.tonga's crew