Sad by McLaren as my choice | Page 8 | FerrariChat

Sad by McLaren as my choice

Discussion in 'McLarenChat.com' started by Abdulaziz, Jan 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    If that is your car and you're in Saudi Arabia, why do you keep posting Autogespot pictures of that 2014 MP4-12C Spider DMC Velocita Wind Edition when it was spotted in Amsterdam?

I presume that the son of even a frugal billionaire family would have a smartphone with a camera feature. It would be reassuring for you to go to the car right now and take a picture of yourself in front of it while holding a piece of paper that says "Hello FerrariChat".

Many thanks,
    Andrew.

2. Abdulaziz

Abdulaziz Karting
    BANNED

Feb 20, 2014
    These pictures are from when the prince owned the car and travelled to Amsterdam in 2015 when I didn't own the car. I bought this very SAME car with the very SAME license plate in Augest 2016. What part of the car would you like me to take pictures of right now saying "I love you Andrew" on a piece of paper on? I will not do a selfie.

3. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Tucked under one of the windscreen wipers would be nice, or rested gently on the spoiler. :)

All the best,
    Andrew.

4. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Ironically, this entire thread is a selfie

5. MAPS

MAPS Karting

Jan 13, 2017
    Porto, Portugal
    Full Name:
    Marco Silva
    I believe those inferior people that keep upseting you know that you weren't the first owner of your McLaren and because those same litle people at the dealer know that the traditional buyer of such cars over there are usually replaced before one year of ownership. I'd say that whenever you enter the premises with your car it "screams" a "poor guy" alert!

If I were you, i'd trade for an F12 in a heartbeat. And to crush their souls even more, i'd go for a tdf. That would sink their hearts to the very low and would put them in their due place.

Go for it, don't allow anyone to make you feel bad for having a poor man's car.

(I just realised you mentioned your parents had just 3 million - what currency? If its USD,
    than its not that much. Only after passing the barrier of 100 million EUR is someone worthy of new Ferrari ownership - not used, though!)

6. 19633500GT

19633500GT F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    Lol, I see what you did there... ;)

7. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    The OP suffers from (in no particular order)

1) "look at me..."
    2) "I need attention"
    3) "Whoa is me...."
    4) Major insecurity issues
    5) failure in life

Pls add as you see fit....

8. tundraphile

tundraphile F1 Veteran

May 16, 2007
    Missouri
    He has to be trolling. Marie Antionette would have been ridiculing this guy as being out of touch.

One of his earlier posts describes the "pain" of insurance and a low body kit. That was my tip off he was putting it on a little thick.

But then again maybe if he really does have this level of victimhood and apparent doosh-like nature, speaking with him for two minutes might drive me to give him a hard time about the car too.

"Four-year-old McLaren is great as a second beater car, so I guess your main driver is being detailed today?"

9. umsneeze

umsneeze Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    I seem to remember when I was in medical school (and didn't want people to think I was working too hard) I'd spend all my time on forums.

10. bbxx

bbxx Karting

Jun 30, 2008
    Kiev
    Full Name:
    Matt
    Do it. "Hello FerrariChat", under your wiper like someone else suggested.

11. 71Satisfaction

71Satisfaction Formula 3

Jul 15, 2012
    New York and Norway
    Full Name:
    Art
    Ladies and Gentlemen of FChat -

I spent the last 1/2 hour reading every post. This thread has restored my faith in the human ability to warmly empathize with the enormous struggles that a fellow man can sometimes come face to face with. It is reminder of how we must gather to banish the deep fear of being misunderstood...

AbdulAziz puts powerful words to this struggle we all face - the depression and angst that threatens to crush our soulless, inflated, egos - whether we are faced with the horror of driving used exotics, or the feeling of utter inadequacy over our choice of daily driver, or exotic & classic car collections.

So, let me say a heartfelt Thank You for this completely Mind Blowing thread...

...I laughed, I cried, I feel restored and refreshed. The outpouring of support for someone you have never even met touches profoundly the deepest, darkest recesses of my bleak and pitiless heart and inspires me to be a better person.

Well done you,
    - Art

12. 71Satisfaction

71Satisfaction Formula 3

Jul 15, 2012
    New York and Norway
    Full Name:
    Art
    Dude, it is impossible to invent the stuff this thread is made of. Impossible.

13. V-TWELVE

V-TWELVE Formula 3

Jan 1, 2007
    Vancouver, BC
    Why am I getting the feeling there is a S500 running around frantically trying to find a certain white MP4-12C somewhere in the middle east?

14. Abdulaziz

Abdulaziz Karting
    BANNED

Feb 20, 2014
    #189 Abdulaziz, Jan 23, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2017
    2.5 years old. The W140 was the car of the kings and presidents back in the 90s and I feel like a king driving it as the kings of all countries have all had a W140. I'm proud to be the last king still driving it.

P.S. Not only is the W140 the best S-class ever made, but also ours is the final W140 being a 1998 S500. The W140 is the McLaren F1 of saloons that set the standards for the 4-door cars you see on the road today.

15. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    you have a bizarre fixation on the McLaren F1.

16. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

#191 dm_n_stuff, Jan 23, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    as in, "please stop mr. horsie?" or "woe is me..." as in, "pity the fool."
    Inquiring minds need to know.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

17. mrcarlosspicey

mrcarlosspicey Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2012
    Omaha
    Full Name:
    Parker
    I'm not sure why people think this is a troll. This is the attitude of the car culture in the Middle East. Lots of young people with too much money competing for looks. Why do you think classic cars collector cars have only recently been introduced there? Nobody would take a second glance at a 512bb but would do backflips for an F-430 with a Hamann body kit. It is all about what garnishes attention there. Classic cars will only serve a purpose there because they have astronomical price tags and people can brag about how much money they have tied up in it. It's rather stupid.

18. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Yes, all of that, and more...

19. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Is this what you meant?

20. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    most honorable mr abdulazis, I have it from reputable sources that jews in Israel are very accepting of used and unloved supercars! you must convert to the jewish religion and move there with your used and unloved supercar. it is the only solution

21. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    tic toc tic toc.......

22. bbxx

bbxx Karting

Jun 30, 2008
    Kiev
    Full Name:
    Matt
    I think we've just confirmed that he's a troll.

23. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    I have heard the new "one up" thing in the ME are license plates with the lowest numbers, or certain combinations. Those plates are changing hands in the millions. Sure somebody may have gotten a new car then you, but all you have to do is point and laugh and tell them my licence plate alone is worth more then your car and everything going you have.

I also have read that some really wealthy people will slap said plates on real clunkers and show up to a fancy event..yes they get to park out front. It's a new game for the mega rich to play.

24. tundraphile

tundraphile F1 Veteran

May 16, 2007
    Missouri
    If this is your response no wonder people give you a hard time. LOL.

25. Devilsolsi

Devilsolsi F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 1, 2007
    MD
    Full Name:
    Alex
    One of the funniest things I have read in a very long time..