vanquish owners? | Page 31 | FerrariChat

vanquish owners?

Discussion in 'British' started by ross, Jan 2, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DavidBrown

DavidBrown Karting

Mar 26, 2013
    Lake Bluff, IL
    Full Name:
    David Brown
    Post on 6speedonline.com in the AM section. Pretty active group for problem solving. One of the guys is an AM tech.

2. Falco

Falco Karting

May 18, 2008
    Cold Lake
    Full Name:
    Chris Martin
    I was just thinking about my odometer, but need to go from miles to km.
    I tried to join AMOC several times but they never respond. I haven't read 6speedonline yet. Good to find new places for info. Also looking for info to change out a headlight bulb.

3. JohnnyRay

JohnnyRay F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2014
    Central FL/NW WI
    Pretty easy. Just go online and sign up in you region at the link below.

https://www.amoc.org/content/view/59/

Not sure how you were trying to do it. No one is going to call or email you until you are a member.

4. Vanquish80

Vanquish80 Formula Junior

Aug 1, 2011
    Germany,Switzerland

Montana Orange Vanquish?
    That should be a unique (aftermarket) colour, it doesn't appear in the colours overview.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

5. XJRS Owner

XJRS Owner Karting

Aug 20, 2009
    Northern CT
    Yup, he's probably talking about a Gaydon Vanquish, not an NP Vanquish....so not relevant to this thread.

6. Vanquish80

Aug 1, 2011
    Germany,Switzerland
    Ok, I didn't even know there's a colour called "Montana orange" available for a modern Aston Martin.

7. Countachqv

Countachqv Formula 3

Apr 25, 2007
    USA/France
    There are. actually the new VQs have a better choice of colors from the silver, black, grey and white. rapides also suffer from that lack of color imagination. May be they hired some new Mc Laren artists and got more sun exposure

8. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    #758 ryalex, Jan 15, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  9. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Does anybody here have a fix for the clacking brake rotor noise? Have a customer with a S and he needs to have this annoying issue fixed. I know there is a kit avail be through Aston for the brake bobbins etc but it's stupid money for what it is.

10. sherrillt

sherrillt Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 1, 2009
    Northern Virginia
    youre spot on - unfortunately that is the solution. I've just lived with it over the years and have it on my nice to do some day list.

11. Vanquish80

Aug 1, 2011
    Germany,Switzerland

12. TnJed

TnJed Karting

Apr 20, 2015
    Nashville
    Full Name:
    Eric Griffin
    #762 TnJed, Jan 16, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  13. 6Speed 430

6Speed 430 Karting

Jul 6, 2012
    I had the same issue and it seems the kit is the only fix. I had it done, the noise was driving me nuts.

14. dud

dud Karting

Apr 30, 2016
    Boston
    Any pictures of the parts in the kit?

15. Countachqv

Countachqv Formula 3

Apr 25, 2007
    USA/France
    I was told by an heritage Aston tech to avoid doing this as I comtemplated this mod too. When I got the car, I wanted a 100% new, flawless car as I did an engine out to fix any oil leaks. The thing is useless and causes other issues. the thing weas an immature afterthought.
    Just live with the noise. Harmless. I now pay no attention to it.

16. F11

F11 Karting

Aug 2, 2005
    Is the noise you are referring to a slight clicking noise from the front wheel area during semi aggressive cornering?

17. 6Speed 430

6Speed 430 Karting

Jul 6, 2012
    Unfortunately I didn't take pics.

What type of problems? The gentleman who installed the kit for me is quite well versed in older Aston's participially Vanquish's, and said there are to 'side effects.'

Mine was a slight rattling noise from the front corner but only when hitting a small pothole. As long as the road was smooth there was no noise.

18. Countachqv

Countachqv Formula 3

Apr 25, 2007
    USA/France
    <ine was a slight rattling noise from the front corner but only when hitting a small pothole. As long as the road was smooth there was no noise.
    >

That is what i gwt as well. Rough roads brings a rattling. I can bring the topic up again next time i see my mechanic. Basically he said the fix was not that effective as the design of it is not great and not worth the expense. I do not recall the specifics of the technical cons he brought up. but that was all minor stuff just like the noise itself. To me it was fixing an annoyance at cost to get new annoyance as I recall it 2 years ago. He installed many of them on request by customers.
    May a be people here who used the fix can provide feedback

19. 6Speed 430

6Speed 430 Karting

Jul 6, 2012
    It was quite an expensive fix, and installing the kit I was told that it is possible that the noise may come back after some point. But being as I unfortunetly don't drive the car too often and when I do I'm rather gentle with it I took the chance and and so far so good.

20. Countachqv

Countachqv Formula 3

Apr 25, 2007
    USA/France
    Another thing about this is that is it quite sobering to have to pay handsomely for defects that the manufacturer caused and are undisputed. I wonder when we, as consumers, started to accept this. For any another product, we would demand the maker fixes it.

21. 6Speed 430

6Speed 430 Karting

Jul 6, 2012
    A very good point, especially with British and Italian cars where owners claim its part of the cars 'charm.'

22. Vanquish80

Aug 1, 2011
    Germany,Switzerland

Sorry mate, I can't login at AMOC with my apple devices, always getting an error message.

I emptied my FC mailbox and now yours is full.

Please send your message again here.

Thanks
    Bjoern

23. Lamborgotti_Fasterossa

Jan 5, 2017
    Europe
    Agree, but to he honest ...

I'd rather have a British or Italian car with 'charm' than a German sportscar, with it's potential IMS, RMS, and what not failures :)

I own an Aston Martin for a little over a year now, and it's been fine. The dealer told me that the newer Astons, and especially the V8's, are bulletproof. And a friend owns a Ferrari since this week, and from what I've read on this forum and others, ferrari's are also well build. They almost never go wrong.

But when you visit a forum like Rennlist for instance, all aircooled Porsches are potential nightmares ...

24. AHudson

AHudson F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 7, 2005
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Adams Hudson
    Agreed on some of the charm being part of the car's personality, correctable or just to put up with it.

But I believe you mean, 'water cooled Porsches are nightmares" referencing RMS and IMS and a zillion other electronic nannies. The air-cooled car are legendarily trustable.

Happy to hear of the good reliability record from some Vantage owners, as that car has long been on my list of cars to experience.

25. KM1959

KM1959 Formula Junior

Nov 12, 2014
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    1% fact and 99% bull$hit.

That is the takeaway of someone spending two hours on the internet and forming their version on an educated opinion.