6 Into 1 Headers - Options for 599 GTB | FerrariChat

6 Into 1 Headers - Options for 599 GTB

Discussion in '612/599' started by Jkay, Mar 5, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jkay

Jkay Karting

Jan 9, 2017
    Hello All

What are the best options out there now for 6-1 Headers on a 599?

The only option I have heard of is (6-1) GTO headers, but I understand you'll need pre-cats too to make this work

1. Any other options?
    2. Anyone done the above, i.e. GTO headers plus Pre cats on a GTB?

Thank you

2. MrF355

MrF355 Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2008
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Kimi
    Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings but there are no options. You cannot fit 599GTO headers to a 599GTB. At present no one is making them.

3. Jkay

Jkay Karting

Jan 9, 2017
    #3 Jkay, Mar 5, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2017
    Thanks C.

Didn't think there were options but thought I'd ask.

Ps tried replying your PM but I can't as it says your inbox is full :)

4. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    unfortunately we have the same problem with the 550s and 575s although there is a fellow in Italy that is working on 6 into one headers for them ... don't know if he has anything going for 599s but you might check the 550 forums his id was f.engineering have not seen anything on him for a while.... but was very knowledgeable on the subject..
    the 6 into one headers make a 12 cylinder sound great witness the GTO and F12 etc..

5. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
  6. Jkay

Jkay Karting

Jan 9, 2017
    Yep I've spoken to him (nice guy) and he's currently working on something, but nothing final yet. He has some clips on YouTube of the 575 with 6-1 and I must say I'm a fan .... totally agree the 6-1 just makes that V12 sound amazing

Bas jaski thanks let me have a look at that - Edit: Just hadalook and that sounds amazing in my opinion. Now to try and understand the Japanese on the website ! :)

7. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    #7 tazandjan, Mar 5, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    The GTO headers will fit a GTB as long as you swap the entire exhaust system. There are four precats in the GTB in the 3-1 collectors, while the GTO's 2 precats are in the collector for the 6-1 pipes. Might take some fiddling with lambda sensors to make it work properly since the GTB has more of them, but nothing too difficult.

Trying to fit just pieces of the GTO system to the GTB is a no go. They are quite different systems.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

8. papataori

papataori Karting

Oct 24, 2007
    Nashville, TN
    Full Name:
    Will
  9. Sup

Sup Rookie

Dec 6, 2003
  10. C4YES

C4YES Formula Junior

Apr 7, 2008
    Orange County, CA
    Full Name:
    Todd
  11. Jkay

Jkay Karting

Jan 9, 2017
    #11 Jkay, Mar 6, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2017
    Just read through kiwifazzas whole re build thread and it looks awesome! But as he said himself the GTO exhaust sounds like hard work, and whilst it would be great, a more straight forward option (as close to plug and play I can get) might be the way to go

If I can extract that lovely V12 noise via 6-1 headers, plus some more aggressive wheels/offset, the 599 would be (to me) complete.

I can't really understand much on the brilliant website, but does anyone know if :-

- the brilliant headers simply replace the GTB headers ?
    - Anyone know if they are complicated to inStall?

Thanks

The more I listen to clips of the brilliant headers, the MORE I want some

12. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    There's not much info but to me it looks like if you order their system including front and center pipe it will all connect up.

13. Jkay

Jkay Karting

Jan 9, 2017
    Yep thats what it looks like to me as well.

¥ 1000000 - (1080000 - including tax) and I get the whole system from them, and just find a good exhaust guy local to me to do the install.

Would be great to hear from anyone who's done it, and problems, CEL codes etc that might have come up

Thanks
    Jkay

14. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    one thing that is for sure the sound would be incredible ..and would truly enhance the car to bad Ferrari didn't do such a system .. the sound truly makes the F12 more enjoyable (with its std 6 into 1)

15. Jkay

Jkay Karting

Jan 9, 2017

Totally agree. Wish they came from the factory with 6-1 headers. If I can achieve that sound I'd be one happy man.

I've sent Brilliant an email via the contact details on their website so let's see what they say

16. Flickdabean

Flickdabean Rookie

Jun 2, 2011
    South of France
    Hey Guys !
    Just read all your posts, viewed (well, heard) the Brilliant videos and I'm also very interested in their products ! Did you have any news from them ? Did you purchase the full system including the headers ? Is it a valve controlled system (in order to avoid any fght with my neighbours!)
    Cheers!

17. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    I believe Fabio is also making them:

http://www.fiammenghiengineering.it/

18. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Dave- Affirmative, he just sent me a catalog. Full details in the other forum.

Attached Files:

19. Flickdabean

Flickdabean Rookie

Jun 2, 2011
    South of France
    #19 Flickdabean, Dec 5, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2017
    Well... we used to have a 575 which was not exciting at all in term of engine sound but on this builder's videos it's too much noise for a 575. It actually does not event sound very good to me (lots of secondary noises which sound like a tinker).
    I've requested a quote for the 599, let's see if it's more attractive than the Brilliant exhausts in term of price. It has to be much cheaper to stay on my list (Brilliant exhaust cost approx 8000 € + shipping fees).

20. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Early 575s with the central muffler and stock tailpipes are very quiet, Later ones with straight center pipes sound much better. HGTC exhausts sound better still. Have heard several videos of Fabio's 575 system, and it sounds great.

tres55 and LARRYH like this.
  21. Soto Veloce

Soto Veloce Karting

Aug 7, 2005
    Spokane, WA
    Full Name:
    Chris Heller
    Taz,

Do you know if a 6-in-1 exhaust system for a 575M (i.e. Fiammenghi or Brilliant) is compatible with a 2007 612 Scaglietti (F133H, 7.3.2)? Thanks.

Chris

22. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Chris- No not compatible, but Fabio has just done his first set of 612 6-1 headers and is refining the design based on digital scans of the engine and chassis of the 612.

23. Soto Veloce

Soto Veloce Karting

Aug 7, 2005
    Spokane, WA
    Full Name:
    Chris Heller
    Thanks. Does a 6-1 header necessarily equate to a higher pitched exhaust note, or is that just a function of the shape, length, diameter, etc... of the pipes?

24. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    They definitely are higher pitched than the OEM and aftermarket exhausts. About the only other exhaust I have seen that is also higher pitched on some Ferraris is the Kreissieg from Japan.

25. tres55

tres55 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2012
    Canada
    I have the full Fia-mm-enghi exhaust on my 550 Maranello and it completely changed the car for me in a positive way.

Coming from the 355 I was accustomed to the drama of the exhaust note coming out of the rear end of an F car. I understand the 550 is a GT car and is supposed to be more subtle (I guess?) but a Ferrari should sound like a Ferrari in my opinion, and the 550/575 in stock form do not check that box for me. :)

Bas likes this.