Potential Cars and Coffee Milwaukee? | FerrariChat

Potential Cars and Coffee Milwaukee?

Discussion in 'North Midwest - USA (ND, SD, MN, IA, WI, IL)' started by ejb811, Mar 15, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ejb811

ejb811 Rookie

Apr 14, 2015
    Minneapolis
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Im moving back to Milwaukee soon and am looking to start a monthly Cars and Coffee for the area. I know the next closest C&Cs are in Madison and Chicago, so it seems like a perfect halfway point.

Thoughts? Would this be something the Milwaukee crowd would attend?

2. Davisvehicles

Davisvehicles Karting

Aug 10, 2013
    Brew City/Windy City
    Full Name:
    Ben Davis
    Me and my friends were wanting to start one up as well. However there is already one in Waukesha, it just needs more press.

3. ejb811

ejb811 Rookie

Apr 14, 2015
    Minneapolis
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Do you think it would still be worth it to host one closer to downtown? I have a location in mind that is only about 10 minutes from the lakefront.

4. WATSON

WATSON Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 9, 2010
    WI
    God we need one north. Appleton or Green Bay. I'd take Oshkosh or Sheboygan at this point.

How about one in Kohler? :) Relaxing 40 minute drive. Nice shopping and fancy restaurants for the ladies. Meet from 10:00 - 12:00? There is a nice mall North of the hotel....anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

5. stever

stever F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 18, 2006
    West. Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Steve R
    Watson, aren't you kind of an outlier? I'm thinking there aren't large enough numbers of interesting cars in points north of Milwaukee/ Madison, if only because of population density.

(There was a young guy here who was trying to start something similar in Eau Claire...he had the site all set up at the U....I haven't heard more.)

6. WATSON

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 9, 2010
    WI
    In every sense of the word. All day, every day. Ask anyone who knows me. Outlier is the nicest thing anyone has called me in a year. Thanks!. :)

You would be amazed at the number of Ferrari's north of Milwaukee. I know of at least 10 owners. One friend of mine has 4 and a total of 20+ euro / exotic cars in a building he maintains. Another with Mercialago. A Gallardo. A 458. Blah blah blah..

The sad part is most don't drive them much.

A proper monthly gathering with a decent drive would be a perfect way to get them all moving.

The Milwaukee group is pretty active and I have made my way there several times.

Kohler would be a great stop for everyone.

7. ronmg

ronmg Karting

Oct 14, 2009
    Duh Moines
    Full Name:
    Ron Foote
    I'm in Des Moines Ia. We started a C and C about 3 years ago. At first we had about 10-15 cars. We now get 50-60 cars once a month. Everything from F cars to old rattle trap MG's. Just start it and get an email list. It will grow!

Best of luck,

Ron

8. CCRider66

CCRider66 Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 29, 2014
    Sussex, WI
    Full Name:
    Brian
    I would be interested in going to a cars and coffee in Kohler.
    I don't know about waukesha, I don't do facebook anymore so I would need more info some other way.
    I've been Lake Mills, that is a very nice one. The coffee is awesome!

9. fskof

fskof Karting

Nov 23, 2005
    Milwaukee, Wi
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Cars and Coffee Waukesha meets from 7:30 - 10:30AM on the third Sunday of the month at Black Canyon Coffee in Wales. All makes and models welcome.

10. ejb811

ejb811 Rookie

Apr 14, 2015
    Minneapolis
    Full Name:
    Eric
    #11 ejb811, Mar 19, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    That was me. I actually had a considerably successful first show last spring. 120 cars showed up! However, the university hasn't been very open to another show. I tried my best but as soon as it hits the loss prevention and safety office, I never hear anything back no matter how hard I try. Here are a few pictures from the show.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

11. stever

stever F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 18, 2006
    West. Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Steve R
    Good for you!

Are there any other sites that would work?

(Menard's has a lot of area.........)

12. ejb811

ejb811 Rookie

Apr 14, 2015
    Minneapolis
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Its a bit of a complicated situation. We operate under the university so they werent happy when I wanted to take it off campus. But since they never followed through on their end I am just not doing it. With my own graduation in a month and a half, it just doesnt seem worth the effort.

With that said, this is why I am looking into milwaukee. Im back here for good come June. I had so much fun with the last one I want to be able to keep organizing shows.

13. Tomg

Tomg Rookie

Nov 7, 2003
    Minnesota
    I'm in MPLS/STP so I probably wouldn't make it anyway, but Elkhart Lake seems like the logical place to have a gathering of cars. My $0.02

14. Davisvehicles

Davisvehicles Karting

Aug 10, 2013
    Brew City/Windy City
    Full Name:
    Ben Davis
    I'd love it if there was a show in Kohler or milwaukee. I can also get the word out on multiple social media pages if anything does happen (instagram, facebook, etc..)

15. forzatifosi

forzatifosi Karting

Aug 30, 2009
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    J

Mequon would be a great midpoint....tons of Ferraris and exotics in Mequon/river hills

16. ejb811

ejb811 Rookie

Apr 14, 2015
    Minneapolis
    Full Name:
    Eric
    #17 ejb811, Mar 22, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2017
    What about rotating locations? I know supercar saturdays based out of chicago alternates between two locations every month. One month mequon, the next in franklin or near there? We could cater to a bigger area and everyone would be closer at some point. Lots of good cars in both areas too.

17. WATSON

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 9, 2010
    WI
    When are the other Milwaukee based cars & coffee? If we do something in Kohler, I would like to try and schedule that opposite of any Milwaukee based events.

Mequon is hardly a mid point for us folks in the Northern part of the state. Kohler is.

18. ejb811

ejb811 Rookie

Apr 14, 2015
    Minneapolis
    Full Name:
    Eric
    From what Ive seen, the next closest would be Waukesha and thats really it. Im starting to plan mine for the first saturday of the month starting in July or August. I know Waukesha is on the third saturday of the month. Im sure some of the Milwaukee crowd wouldn't be willing to drive to Kohler(its quite a ways for me, nearly 1h15m), maybe another C&C could happen up there?

19. Davisvehicles

Davisvehicles Karting

Aug 10, 2013
    Brew City/Windy City
    Full Name:
    Ben Davis
    Yeah, same distance for me. Where in Milwaukee were you thinking?

20. ejb811

ejb811 Rookie

Apr 14, 2015
    Minneapolis
    Full Name:
    Eric

For the size that it could possibly be and money being a factor, Im leaning towards alternating locations monthly. One in franklin(milwaukee sports complex) to cater to the south/west and another in mequon for the north shore crowd. I looked in actual downtown and it would be a full blown nightmare to have a true "milwaukee" c&c

21. puckybadger

puckybadger Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 12, 2016
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Outside the 1505 Café, Mequon Rd and Pt Washington Rd. Huge parking areas.

22. ejb811

ejb811 Rookie

Apr 14, 2015
    Minneapolis
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Cafe 1505 looks great! Ill give them a call and see what they think!

23. Davisvehicles

Davisvehicles Karting

Aug 10, 2013
    Brew City/Windy City
    Full Name:
    Ben Davis
    Sounds great! Let us all know if anything concrete happens!

24. JohnnyRay

JohnnyRay F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2014
    Central FL/NW WI
    Tom - are you in Minneapolis or St. Paul area? Big difference... :)

BTW -I like Elkhart Lake as well, but it is a drive for most. C & Cs need to be local IMHO