CaliT HS Order In! | FerrariChat

CaliT HS Order In!

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by uhn2000, Nov 1, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Ok our order is finally in, as many of you saw the wife and I bounced all over the place but I think we are at something that is unique, not too flashy, and very detailed in design. It was a fun (stressful) process, now are just waiting for the order to be locked for build in late January we were told. This was and still is a very nerve racking process especially when you are trying to balance out everyone's needs and recommendations - and I am still on the fence for the colour combo. If it was me it would be red on black with all the bells and whistles. Below is summary of our spec - we got our inspiration from a 599GTB and F12 that were done similar and looked amazing in pictures (Sabbia and TDF blue change in lighting so much).

TDF blue, sabbia interior, shields, yellow calipers, daytona seats with black inserts, contrast stitching full (black and sabbia), HS package, yellow rev counter, full carbon treatment, inner/external mirrors, full electric seats, rear parking, 20inch matt grey rims.

CaliT HS Build Youtube

2. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe
    #2 uhn2000, Nov 1, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  3. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Just gorgeous. BTW, do you know if ventilated seats are now an option on the Cali T? Those would be a major plus down here in hot climes.
    T

4. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Yup they totally are :) Ventilated full electric seats RSFV $8,397

5. 635CSI

635CSI F1 Rookie

Jun 26, 2013
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    I like that, my fave being one of the dark blues over Cuoio. Pozzi is possibly too dark, Scotia is about right for me but non metallic. You can't go wrong with Tdf, though from the special orders Blu America is a nice color, a little darker than Tdf I think.

6. good2go

good2go Formula Junior

Feb 9, 2016
    Looks great. Congratulations.

7. GreatNeckLawyer

May 10, 2008
    #8 GreatNeckLawyer, Nov 2, 2016
    I think the result will kinda look like this (though without my son in the Driver's Seat). I have the yellow calipers and rev counter too, if you want pictures of them.

Great color choice (and I put my money where my mouth is). Enjoy.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

8. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Very very cool to see someone with this combo, yes could you please send me more pics. Only concern we had was whether the sabbia was too "light" as an interior but here it looks amazing especially with the inserts.

9. kramsay1234

kramsay1234 Formula Junior

Jul 16, 2009
    Toronto, Canada
    Congrats. Awesome choices and we need more pics from the lawyer!
    Now you just have to endure the wait...

10. M1AScoutman

M1AScoutman Rookie

Nov 5, 2016
  11. Royalpar1

Royalpar1 Formula 3

Oct 18, 2013
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Lombard
    Nice, enjoy !

12. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe
    #13 uhn2000, Apr 11, 2017
    Well as you may know the wait is killer but today (after placing the order in October) they uploaded the first pic and I was able to access the my/ferrari portal! I actually had to dig to find my original thread..hehe. Very excited, I am sure it will be about a month till I see the car but glad to know its on the way.

13. hsc2001

hsc2001 Karting

Jun 11, 2004
    San Francisco
    Congratulations. I've been at stage 30 for weeks with no invite PIN and no photos.
    Glad to see someone is being respected.

14. 635CSI

635CSI F1 Rookie

Jun 26, 2013
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    #15 635CSI, Apr 12, 2017
    Funnily enough, half an hour after seeing the above picture from the OP,our production photo arrived.
    I am delighted, but I did wonder for a second if the factory are sending a stock image.
    On reflection though, they are different images taken from two slightly different angles..hopefully of different cars !

15. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C

Spooky! The car in background seems to be in a different position! Congrats to you and uhn2000, and I hope this means that the log jam is broken and hsc2001's Fezza will soon surface.
    T

16. 635CSI

635CSI F1 Rookie

Jun 26, 2013
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    Might well mean the log jam is broken, a jam possibly caused by 70th anniversary cars.
    Lets hope so !

17. hsc2001

hsc2001 Karting

Jun 11, 2004
    San Francisco
    Yeah, all the photos look quite similar but there are always differences, like the black extension cord / junction box at the lower left.

18. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe
    If I get my car in June it will be 9 months for a CaliTHS - I remember them saying how they wanted to have it here before my bday (late April). Nuts..

Hehe.. so true, ever so slightly different.

19. boobernackle

boobernackle Formula Junior

May 28, 2016
    Trust me, you will love the car and it will be at your dealer in about 5-6 weeks. I ordered my Cali T HS May 2016 and picked it up in November 1 of 2016, the car was truly epic. I just took delivery of my 488 GTB today (same color scheme as my Cali T HS) and as amazing as it truly is, the Cali T is such a more "usable" car on a day to day basis.

IMHO, every Cali T should come with the HS package as standard, the exhause note is wonderful and gives it more of a "Ferrari" tone. I'm thinking how it's just a minor increase in cost (assuming you were going for the magnetic ride anyway) Ferrari would agree based on the very minor cost increase.

As much as the 488 GTB is perfect, I still miss my Cali T HS.... honestly.

20. hsc2001

hsc2001 Karting

Jun 11, 2004
    San Francisco
    That's a very kind and uplifting post. I agree with you. I've owned 3 other spiders and a 599 HGTE; I ordered the Cali T to meet a very specific need that the other models can't address. Fortunately the revised T works for me. Eager to see it, now stage 50. Must say that the 488 definitely inspires lust every time I see one. Hope you are very happy with yours.

21. boobernackle

May 28, 2016
    #22 boobernackle, Apr 16, 2017
    Not to thread crap, but here are final production pics for both my Cali T HS and 488 GTB... honestly, when I went to pickup my 488, I entered the dealership from their service/garage looking for my Cali T HS first, I really enjoyed and missed it that much.

Maybe it's the story of "you never forget your first Ferrari" but with how much more usable the Cali T HS is (and that exhaust note coupled with the folding top), rest assured the Cali T HS is no longer the "baby" Ferrari and I'm confident you will love it.

Only had my 488 for a day as of this writing, the car is just amazingly beautiful and no McLaren, Audi, or Lamborghini has matched the looks of it. Same can be said of the Cali T HS.

22. nextceo1

nextceo1 Karting

Mar 13, 2017
    Both awesome looking cars. Did you post photos of your 488 on the other sub-forum...would like to see it up close?

Thanks.

23. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Agreed stunning specs,mine went status 70 today. Very exciting.

24. boobernackle

May 28, 2016
    #25 boobernackle, Apr 17, 2017
    Here you go... I went with a very traditional build and my Cali T was essentially the identical configuration, except no suspension lifter. I only had the steering wheel in CF due to the LEDs, and skipped the driver zone because even if you selected the CF dash inserts, there would still be portions of the interior that would be in plastic/aluminum (such as door handles, etc.) and that doesn't blend very well.

The traditional beige is perfect as the upper part of the dash is in black, so sunlight won't reflect on the windshield. I have seen a lot of Fcars with a beige upper dash, that just signals they either haven't owned a supercar before, or don't drive when the sun is out. Ferrari logo is in Nero where the headrest is to compliment the upper dashboard.

I chose the yellow calipers because it compliments the Ferrari shield perfectly, along with the standard wheel caps. When you wear a suit, your cuff links and pocket square should compliment your tie... in that design language, the brake calipers and wheel cap are just a slightly different shade of yellow, creating a great compliment to the shield. Did the same on my Cali T HS and it worked out wonderfully.

As always, beauty is in the eye of the beholder...