Mondial 3.4 t glas fog light | FerrariChat

Mondial 3.4 t glas fog light

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by Shiva_Austria, Apr 28, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Shiva_Austria

Shiva_Austria Karting

Oct 7, 2013
    Austria
    Could anyone help me?
    I need a right fog light glas for a Mondial 3.4 t
    Is this right that a fog light glas from the 328 fits also?
    Who is/was the producer?
    Thanks
    Greetings from Austria
    Chris

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

2. Indyjones

Indyjones Karting

Jan 28, 2009
    Pacific NW
  3. Cadillacbart

Cadillacbart Formula Junior

Nov 26, 2013
    Denver, CO
    Full Name:
    John
    I just ordered some LaminX to put on mine so hopefully I won't have to look for replacements. Anyone done this? I've never used it before.

4. StuR

StuR Formula Junior

Jun 14, 2005
    UK Buckinghamshire
    Full Name:
    Stu R
    I believe the 328 is different. If you just need the large cover then there is a Dutch guy who makes acrylic replacements - google. I bought a set, slight yellow tint but v good, fit onto main lamp unit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Indyjones

Indyjones Karting

Jan 28, 2009
    Pacific NW
    That's the link I posted :)

6. StuR

StuR Formula Junior

Jun 14, 2005
    UK Buckinghamshire
    Full Name:
    Stu R
    Indy, my app didn't show it, sometimes it seems to lag, or I'd had a long day concreting and was too knackered to read!!!! still way more useful than my 'google' suggestion.

OP either way, they're the covers I have. I'll post a pic to show colouring.
    The chap talked about looking at some other material, may have a newer product than mine. Was very friendly and helpful so I'd suggest you speak with him direct. Will see if I can dig out any info from older emails, once the next lot of concrete is in!

7. Alden

Alden F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 25, 2010
    Central Florida
    I put two layers over my fog and turn signal lenses, went on easily and should protect against breaks and chips from stones/road debris.
    Alden

8. Alden

Alden F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 25, 2010
    Central Florida
    That is F Chat forum member MvT from Amsterdam who is making them.

I saw his lenses when I visited him last fall, they are very nice with only a very slight tint of yellow to them. Can't beat them for the price he is asking.
    Alden

9. Cadillacbart

Nov 26, 2013
    Denver, CO
    Full Name:
    John
    Thanks Alden. Just make a pattern and cut with exacto?

10. Alden

Alden F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 25, 2010
    Central Florida
    Yes, I cut mine with scissors actually, very simple installation. IIRC, you can use the same pattern left-right, just flip it over.

One pattern and two pieces L/R for the turn signal lenses and one for the fogs L/R and you are done.
    Alden

11. Shiva_Austria

Shiva_Austria Karting

Oct 7, 2013
    Austria
    Could anyone tell me how to change the fog light glas?

12. moysiuan

moysiuan F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2005
    Canada
    Re laminex, make the pattern on a piece of cardboard, trace onto the laminex then use an exacto to cut the straight part and scissors for the curved part. Make it a wee bit smaller than the lens in that the lens rounds at its edges. As noted one is the mirror image of the other so only one template is necessary.

13. StuR

StuR Formula Junior

Jun 14, 2005
    UK Buckinghamshire
    Full Name:
    Stu R
    Shiva, with the lamp disassembled you can warm the unit to get the seal tacky and then remove. Refit the lense with new sealant suitable for acrylic and exterior and high temp.
    I'd recommend spending time with the YouTube tutorials - plenty about and having a try with a scrap unit off any cheap car. I think 90 degrees is a good temp, but check YouTube.
    I have posted the repos I got below. The colour appears quite yellow but that is the room light more than the acrylic.

The guy who makes them was v helpful, suggest you drop him an email.

Would be good to see your write up and pics when you take this forward.

14. StuR

StuR Formula Junior

Jun 14, 2005
    UK Buckinghamshire
    Full Name:
    Stu R
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Really very good detail and feel to the items. Colouring is NOT as yellow as the photos.

15. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
  16. StuR

StuR Formula Junior

Jun 14, 2005
    UK Buckinghamshire
    Full Name:
    Stu R
    Rifledriver, I can see that Squadro do/did front indicator cover (409 USD), but don't see any other mondial lenses? Sorry if I'm missing the obvious....

17. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    I did not look up that specific lens. Get in touch with him, if he is like everyone else the website is a guideline.

18. Cadillacbart

Nov 26, 2013
    Denver, CO
    Full Name:
    John
    Thanks for this (And you too Alden!). hopefully, my material arrives this week and I can get this done this weekend.

19. MvT

MvT F1 Rookie

May 25, 2013
    The Netherlands - NH
    Full Name:
    Tijn
    Use a thin modified knive that has a 90 degree angle in it so that you can get under the glass. Heating up the the kit will definitely help, but keep in mind that it get 110 degrees inside so 90 degrees is not enough to melt it. I would also not warm it up warmer then 110 degrees celsius else your unit might deform.

There are different silicon removers but my experience is not really great with them on this kit they have used.. Watch out still as these lenses are very thin. Many have cracked their glass. I can only tell you not to force it.

Ps. I found your email in my inbox :) you have a reply

Alden and StuR. Thanks for the nice comments on the lenses!

HTH
    Tijn