Tehran Cafe Racers | Page 36 | FerrariChat

Tehran Cafe Racers

Discussion in 'Middle East' started by RHS, Aug 4, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RHS

RHS Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    #876 RHS, Apr 28, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Ryan S. likes this.
  2. RHS

RHS Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    #877 RHS, Apr 28, 2017
  3. RHS

RHS Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    #878 RHS, Apr 28, 2017
  4. RHS

RHS Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Hi,

Well I do forgive your cynicism as I have not reached the Italian section of the show yet. So perhaps instead I should forgive your premature judgement.

In any case one man's scrap metal is another mans's passion. Nobody is forcing you to look at this thread.

Ramin

5. F12KID

F12KID F1 Rookie
    Owner

Nov 27, 2013

Appreciate your passion, most on here also have for cars but this is a F-car forum, so when I do read your thread it's in hope of seeing F-cars.....ie i don't post my other cars or even mention them on here....

6. RHS

RHS Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Hi,

Well my friend I think you should take this up with the owners of this site. Based on your perspective, and that everything should be exclusively "Ferrari" then you should suggest that they do away with the sections of this site dealing with Lamborghini, Maserati, "Other Italian" , American Muscle, British, Bugatti, Porsche, Special Projects.....

By the way, thank you for your appreciation of my "passion".

Regards,

Ramin

7. RHS

RHS Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    #882 RHS, Apr 28, 2017
  8. Bimmerista

Bimmerista Formula 3

Feb 7, 2004
    Carrollton, TX
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Fantastic pictures Ramin jon. I'm absolutely enjoying seeing what my motherland has to offer when it comes to classic car shows. I would simply ignore those less mature folks that do not appreciate the photos you have to share.

9. F12KID

F12KID F1 Rookie
    Owner

Nov 27, 2013

Not a matter of maturity.....lol.....it's a ferrari forum bacheh

10. Crawler

Crawler F1 Veteran

Jul 2, 2006
    Hey genius, if you don't want to look at photos of cars that are not Ferraris, I suggest that you simply not look at them. I actually enjoy this thread.

11. F12KID

F12KID F1 Rookie
    Owner

Nov 27, 2013

Watch your tone!

I'm looking for f-cars....duh!

And who ever asked for your "no" cents worth....

12. RHS

RHS Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Salam,

Thank you for the kind and encouraging words. As you know, the purpose of this thread is to provide a window to the world of a group of enthusiasts who have preserved, and enjoy, their cars under circumstances which would at times daunt even the most die hard enthusiast. Your kind words mean a lot.

Ghorbanet

Ramin

13. RHS

RHS Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Hi,

Words to live by. I just can't help but wonder if this good gentleman has complained to the moderators about all the non-Ferrari content on this forum, i.e the threads dedicated to American Muscle Cars, Porsche and...... gasp, the Backroom Lounge.

Thank you for your support of this thread.

More updates to come shortly,

Best Regards,

Ramin

14. RHS

RHS Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    #889 RHS, May 7, 2017
    Hi,

A quick visit to the French pavilion of the show. Our French Car Club is also the representative of Cirtoen Amicale in Iran. This is a nicely preserved DS.

Regards,

Ramin
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

15. RHS

RHS Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    #890 RHS, May 7, 2017
    This is French Car Club President Houtan Arefi next to a Peugeot 404 Coupe . The man is a walking encyclopedia of French Cars and just finished restoring a beautiful Citroen CX.

16. RHS

RHS Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    #891 RHS, May 7, 2017
    This Renault 5 is a veteran of more rallies that I can count. It is interesting to note that the Renault 5 was manufactured in Iran from 1977 to 1994.

17. kiag

kiag Rookie

Sep 19, 2010
    Great photos Ramin! Keep them coming!
    Brings back great memories :)

18. leoparker990

leoparker990 Karting

Apr 28, 2017
    United Arab Emirates
    Full Name:
    Leo Parker
    Fantastic and Excellent pictures. All cars are amazing. Thanks for sharing

19. Martin308GTB

Martin308GTB F1 Rookie

Jan 22, 2003
    Black Forest Germany
    Full Name:
    Martin N.
    #894 Martin308GTB, May 15, 2017
    Last edited: May 15, 2017
    Great thread, Ramin. And no matter what some folks think about 'too little Ferrari content' it's highly interesting for me to learn about classic car communities in Middle East countries.
    And don't be too miffed about F12Kid's comments. I surely has something to do with 'swiss precision' :)

Maybe I missed it - I have to admit I didn't read all pages, I just discovered the thread - that black 308 GTB on the first pages is highly interesting.
    If the owner doesn't want to share the VIN, could you tell some details anyway?
    Is it a carb car? Is it a Euro version? Year?

Best Regards from Germany
    Martin

Daytonafan likes this.
  20. RHS

RHS Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Hi,

I have been offline for a while (have a lot on my plate). I will follow-up soon with you.

Regards,

Ramin

21. johngtc

johngtc Formula Junior
    Owner

Mar 4, 2005
    Yorkshire, UK
    Full Name:
    John Gould
    Dear Ramin

The real car guys here find your posts very interesting and I hope you will start again soon.

Respect for Iran's classic owners. who manage to keep their cars going in sometimes difficult circumstances. The Ferraris will return!

Daytonafan likes this.
  22. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Yes thanks Ramin!

We featured him in a recent issue of Via Corsa and it was a real pleasure!

23. knocker

knocker F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 10, 2017
    Sydney Aus
    Full Name:
    Adrian
    Hi I’m a Australian fchatter I wonder around saw this and was stunned they still exist I owned one of these 412 briefly when I was younger an amazing car huge compared to anything else vw had apart from the camper at the time and incredibly spacious I think it had a factory fitted heater for camping out not shure how safe that was cheers for the blast from the past
    Kind regards Adrian 360 spider

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

24. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    *Ha!

We had a good local dealer & Type 3 Fastback, Squareback & Type 4 411, with same engine as P 914, which Pop liked. Really enjoyed the sound of it in various settings.

While it otherwise ran fine til then, it got sidelined, and then took a rock solid year to get ignition switch from Germany. He was done with new cars.

*En route to Grandparents one time, my ears were sore & I wedged my hearing aids between upper & lower rear cushions. A few minutes later, looked down & they were gone. Didn't take much to pry, let alone see that Both were sitting on narrow stretch of chassis, 8 inches or 20 cm from engine, which looked smoky & cantankerous. So much so, I'm surprised we didn't croak from CO. Got my skinny arm into there & got both, one by one.

Always enjoy every aspect of this thread.

"I am weak-ish on snatch" ~ joker57676

knocker likes this.
  25. RHS

RHS Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Hi,

Was gone for quite a while, much too much on my plate. Thank you for the encouragement. More coming soon.

Best Regards,

Ramin

Daytonafan and knocker like this.