Funniest/Stupidest comments you have received about your Ferrari | Page 82 | FerrariChat

Funniest/Stupidest comments you have received about your Ferrari

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by carguy98, Jul 1, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mello

mello F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 12, 2013
    CA Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Point well taken. But having the jerk tailgating me for a few miles really put me on the defensive. I tried to read his front license plate off the rear view mirror but couldn't. He was really that close.

I should of have a better hindsight of the situation because something like this could escalate to a road rage incident rather quickly.

2. mello

mello F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 12, 2013
    CA Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Steve
    A Charger SRT is listed for about what, $50K? A little bit more would get him into something like an 1992 F348 price range.

3. VPX

VPX Karting

Jun 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Victor
    #2028 VPX, May 15, 2017
    Last edited: May 15, 2017
    made me remember of the post below... Very similar indeed.

4. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    The best advice is to ignore negative attention but give the people with good intentions all the time in the world.

This guy was a jerk right from the start; your best bet would have been to ignore him, and have him look like more of an idiot than he already is.

5. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    It's fun to have a dig at idiots..... they want to hand it out, it's only right to have a pop back! I love having fun with detractors. Once had someone stood at the side of the road call me a 'wanker' while I was stopped in traffic in the 599, so I straight out asked him who was the real wanker, the guy who did well enough to own a ferrari, or the knob who didn't even have a car?

6. poljav

poljav F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2014
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Pol J.
    Going to add my share:

Me and a friend at a coffee shop somewhere in Napa. We parked on the street about 1/2 a block or so from a coffee shop, so the people inside don't see us get out of my F430, but I'm wearing my Ferrari hat and my friend his Ferrari shirt and sweater. We stand in-line to order and a guy and his buddies are off to the right us, waiting for their orders, one guy comments out loud - "don't you hate it when people wear Ferrari gear that don't actually own Ferrari's" - the guy that made the comment is wearing a Warriors hat and shirt - my friend comments out loud - "kinda like guys who wear NBA gear that don't actually play in the NBA" - I don't think the guy understood nor comprehended my friends comment, just kept talking to his buddies looking up and down at us - but the girl at the counter smiles and nods a little. Needless to say, once we were done, I tell my friend to make a non-existent phone call outside the shop so I can pull up in the 430 for all to see.

7. Todd308TR

Todd308TR F1 World Champ

Nov 25, 2010
    LA
    Full Name:
    Todd
    You can't hide money. No matter what Ferrari you drive it speaks to a high level of disposable income.

8. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Awesome!

9. mello

mello F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 12, 2013
    CA Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Well, well, well... My Mrs. had an appointment this morning and that gave me an opportunity to revisit the stretch of the freeway that started this whole incident.

What do you know, there is an Freeway entrance about 1/2 miles before the psycho starts to tailgate me. And guess what? There's a Dodge dealership about 1/4 miles behind the freeway entrance.

Imagine that, after signing a 84-months car loan, happy as hell with a hot girlfriend by your side, his spanking new 2017 Charger SRT was eclipsed by an unwashed, bug-splattered, 2003 360 Spider. I had the top down with Chet Baker plays on the stereo when he bantered me. Does that add more to the jealousy and hurts?

10. mello

mello F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 12, 2013
    CA Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Niiiiiice and smooth!

11. 308geo

308geo F1 Rookie

Nov 13, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    George Benton LaFleur
    In Texas, it ain't bragging if it's true.

12. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Makes him even more of an idiot. Just can't see why he didn't just politely acknowledge you and the car on the day - would've made him look much cooler.

13. MalcQV

MalcQV F1 Rookie

Oct 11, 2004
    Manchester, UK
    Full Name:
    Malc Holden
    :D. Love it.

It does not. Saying nothing at all might have been considered worse. As if the Charger guy was not wealthy enough to bother with.

Must remember that one too. :)

14. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    When was the first or last time you heard a Charger guy say "my thick fat wallet".

Never, just as I thought.

15. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Are we all supposed to shrink into the background, embarrassed that we have done a little better than some and drive a ferrari, hoping never to be challenged or teased, and if we are, to shrink even further and accept the embarrassment of our success?

Bollocks...... if you can hand it out, you bette make sure you can take it too. I won't shrink away from idiots that want to play, and neither should anyone else.

16. TooTimidAndCheap

Jul 19, 2015
    I would have simply replied, "I love Chargers. That's an awesome SRT."

17. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Are you seriously going to respond to every single idiot? Are you really going to let idiots get into your head?

Are you actually saying that an idiot can embarrass you for your success? That's a neat trick on the part of the idiot...

I've never had anyone embarrass me with anything stupid/jealous that anyone has ever said to me.

18. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    I enjoy having the fun at their expense, I don't mind at all. Their aim ace is to embarrass us for our success, so why would I ever shrink away from it..... to see their disappointed faces after a good put down is fun for me Maybe i should take the high road as you said, but hey, it's fun to spar

19. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I get what you're saying, but have you ever thought that ignoring them might be the best dig yet? It will leave them both puzzled and infuriated that you did not acknowledge a word they had to say.

20. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    Girl at the drive thru. "I like your car, how long did it take to get it?" I wasn't quite sure what she meant but I said "I'm 47 so that's how long it took me, how long until your 47?"

21. MalcQV

MalcQV F1 Rookie

Oct 11, 2004
    Manchester, UK
    Full Name:
    Malc Holden
    My pal has a 1970 Charger. Not cheap to own it here and he earns more than I do I suspect. So yes he has a big fat wallet and a Charger. Not sure if he has ever said that to anybody though :D

Me too quite possibly, though I prefer the older kind 68-70.

:D

22. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Are you friends with Richard Hammond then? Doesn't he still have his Charger?

I love the older cars, influence of the dukes of course. The new ones are pretty cool though, and to be honest, I don't know why the guy wouldn't have felt a kindred spirit to the ferrari guy by owning one - it's not really about the cost, it's about caring more about driving than just going A to B that sets us all apart from the average joe

23. MalcQV

MalcQV F1 Rookie

Oct 11, 2004
    Manchester, UK
    Full Name:
    Malc Holden
    #2048 MalcQV, May 19, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    :D No. Though like Ferraris American Muscle cars are rather incestual (at least in the UK) in that they are owned by folk who know folk and do the rounds. He does know the whereabout of RH's Charger. As such Mr Hammond no longer owns a Charger.

His car at where we both once worked in Knutsford. Second photo I forget where that is. Top is the latest with different wheels.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

24. 2fst2c

2fst2c Karting

Jun 15, 2006
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    VR
    I drive a 458 and I had a guy freak out with excitement the other day which was cool except he yelled sweet Porsche LOL

25. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    The difference being nobody will care if a Charger owner references fat wallet...whereas someone with a Ferrari saying the same thing is a different ballgame.