Period Reviews and Articles of 400/412 | FerrariChat

Period Reviews and Articles of 400/412

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by Jasonberkeley, Jun 8, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jasonberkeley

Jasonberkeley Formula 3

Apr 23, 2017
    NW Corner, CT
    Full Name:
    Jason Berkeley
    I've been buying old magazines with articles on the 400 and 412 (Autoweek, October 5, 1981, Road & Track Ferrari Special 1988, a variety of Cavallino and Prancing Horse's (though I discount an F car publications biased outlook)), and i'm amazed at the great reviews of styling, performance, etc... given how are cars are often viewed by those that are mis-informed.

Great to see and know that multiple of the most respected car publications gave such high praise to the cars that we obviously feel the same about!

2. Jasonberkeley

Jasonberkeley Formula 3

Apr 23, 2017
    NW Corner, CT
    Full Name:
    Jason Berkeley
  3. Jasonberkeley

Jasonberkeley Formula 3

Apr 23, 2017
    NW Corner, CT
    Full Name:
    Jason Berkeley
  4. Jasonberkeley

Jasonberkeley Formula 3

Apr 23, 2017
    NW Corner, CT
    Full Name:
    Jason Berkeley
  5. OttoB

OttoB Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2013
    Palm Beach, FL
    Let me save you some time... although admittedly, I am old fashioned to a certain degree and prefer my newspaper in print (vs. online) as well as my publications, both new or old. Nonetheless, perhaps some of you have not heard of the single, largest collection of all things 365 GT4 2+2/400GT/400i/412 in the world, outside of this forum?

Ferrari 400

He has multiple dozen publications of every article known to man, in every language imaginable - all for the public. Erwin is a good guy and an invaluable resource which by default, I visit his website weekly for many years now.

Take it all in - you can easily spend 75+ hours getting lost in there - beware!

6. Jasonberkeley

Jasonberkeley Formula 3

Apr 23, 2017
    NW Corner, CT
    Full Name:
    Jason Berkeley
    Ive read his entire blog cover to cover. It's a great resource and huge effort with tons of info!

I still like to have the actual periodicals and read them cover to cover, see the ads, etc... I like holding and reading magazines. Something about the tactile feeling I guess.

Also, the two articles I posted above are not on Erwin's blog (most of which are European and not the magazines I grew up reading. I like seeing the magazines I grew up reading).

7. OttoB

OttoB Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2013
    Palm Beach, FL
    You are 'talking' to a guy who has every single European Car magazine since the first one I bought in 1989 at the age of 15, and continuously through today's date, all professionally bound in leather separately by year (yes, subscriber for 28 years and counting), and the same thing for Hemmings Sports & Exotic from 2008 upon first discovering it and through earlier this year when it was sadly discontinued!

So... I hear ya - I have a few periodicals/publications on most of my cars as well and thank you for sharing!

8. erwin123

erwin123 Karting

Jan 20, 2011
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Erwin
    Thank you for your kind words. The following blog gives a good overview of the current magazine article collection:

Ferrari 400: Ferrari 400 Magazine Articles

You are correct, both articles are missing. Any chance you can provide me a good scan of these?

To all other readers, I welcome any magazine article from any country. Check the blog to see which I have already collected so far. Thanks in advance, Erwin

9. Jasonberkeley

Jasonberkeley Formula 3

Apr 23, 2017
    NW Corner, CT
    Full Name:
    Jason Berkeley
    Hi Erwin,

An honor to be 'speaking' to you! Your website and blog are amazing!

Yes, of course- i'll take them to my office this week to scan them. What email should I send them to?

Thanks for sharing all of your knowledge and resources on your site!

Jason

10. erwin123

erwin123 Karting

Jan 20, 2011
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Erwin
    Hi Jason,

My pleasure. You can find my email on my blog, just scroll to the bottom where you will see the "about me" section. Click on it and it will show you my email.

Thanks,

Erwin

11. davidoloan

davidoloan Formula Junior

May 6, 2009
    Full Name:
    David
    Fast Lane from March 1988, CAR from May 1974 and Car & Driver December 1982 also had articles.

https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/365-gt4-2-2-400-412/221060-period-roadtests-365-gt4-2-2-400-412-a.html

12. erwin123

erwin123 Karting

Jan 20, 2011
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Erwin
    Thanks for highlighting David. Both articles were missing in my archive. They will be added soon in PDF format.