Anyone have a nice Mondial for sale here in Texas? | FerrariChat

Anyone have a nice Mondial for sale here in Texas?

Discussion in 'Texas' started by 2cam, Jun 19, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 2cam

2cam Formula Junior

Aug 28, 2014
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    MikeS
    The title essentially sums it up. Does anyone have a nice Mondial here in our great State that they would consider parting with or know anyone that does?

My preference is for a 3.2 or QV Coupe, but would also consider a convertible and possibly a T.

Happy Summer!

2cam

2. sidtx

sidtx F1 Rookie
    Owner

Feb 9, 2014
    Frisco, Tx
    Full Name:
    Sid
    #2 sidtx, Jun 20, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2017
    I don't know anything about it, nor do I have any affiliation with the seller.

1992 Ferrari Mondial | eBay

Sid

PS. Forgot to Add: QV Coupes may be hard to come by. I think there were only a grand total of 69 QV Couples imported/sold in North America.

3. 2cam

2cam Formula Junior

Aug 28, 2014
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    MikeS
    Thanks Sid. It seems that there are even fewer 3.2 coupes around as well. Not many Ts either. Interestingly, there's a black 3.2 Coupe on CL in SA and a red 8 Coupe in DFW right now.

I was just wondering if anyone on the regional, Texas forum might know of any Mondials that aren't currently on the market.

Thanks!

2cam

4. sidtx

sidtx F1 Rookie
    Owner

Feb 9, 2014
    Frisco, Tx
    Full Name:
    Sid
    In North America. After the "8", most Mondials sold were cabs.
    I think that the situation in Europe was reversed, as most Mondials sold were Coupes and very few cabs were sold.

Except for Mondial 8's - which were only Coupes.

From memory - QV - 69 Total across all 3 years
    3.2 - 85 Total
    t - 43 Total

From personal experience - owning a Coupe is great (I have an 85 QV Coupe). It's quiet, comfortable, and the AC works reasonably well (keeps car cool on a 90 degree day). You can't go wrong with a coupe. The major downside is the lousy sunroof - which doesn[t work very well.

Sid

5. cockrill

cockrill Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 23, 2008
    Columbia, MO
    Full Name:
    Jeremy Cockrill
    Hold out for a Euro coupe -- no sunroof!

I know you mentioned QV/3.2 (and even a T), but don't pass up a great condition 8 if one turns up. Sure, it's slower, but all of these cars are slow. (I personally would take a great condition 8 over a so-so condition QV/3.2 for the same money...)

6. 2cam

2cam Formula Junior

Aug 28, 2014
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    MikeS
    Thanks Sid. I've watched the progress on your car and it looks great. You've done a wonderful job with it!

Great perspective on the 8.

Are either of you guys familiar with the 8 that's on Dallas CL right now? Nothing like a Ferrari off of CL... ;)

7. sidtx

sidtx F1 Rookie
    Owner

Feb 9, 2014
    Frisco, Tx
    Full Name:
    Sid
    I'm having a ball with my QV. Both in driving, and working on it. It's been a great car.

I'd purchase an 8 in a heartbeat. As for the one on CL, I haven't seen it, and don't know anything about it. IF the description is accurate, and the car looks anything like the pics, it seems to be a good deal -- with a favorable PPI of course.

I paid 25K for my QV Coupe 2 years ago, and this one appears to be in better shape cosmetically, than my car.

I think we are going to start seeing more Mondials. At the last car show I went to (Dallas British and All European show - in May) - there were 3 of us in the Italian area. That's the first time I've seen multiple Mondials at a single show!!! There was an 8 Coupe, my QV Coupe and a 3.2 Cab. It was really cool seeing all 3 together!

Good luck with your search!!!!

Sid

8. 308nut

308nut Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 22, 2002
    NOLA/Covington
    Full Name:
    Wade
    Check with Michael, at M Brandon Motorcars in Houston, he has a 3.2 coupe that he may part with. He's also a sponsor here.

Wade

9. 2cam

2cam Formula Junior

Aug 28, 2014
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    MikeS
    Great! Thanks Wade! I'll reach out to him.

2cam