2017 FORMULA 1 AZERBAIJAN GRAND PRIX: RACE *** SPOILERS *** | Page 22 | FerrariChat

2017 FORMULA 1 AZERBAIJAN GRAND PRIX: RACE *** SPOILERS ***

Discussion in 'F1' started by SPEEDCORE, Jun 25, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mnm

mnm Formula Junior

Jun 1, 2004
    Sebastian went alongside, wanted to get closer to gesticulate at hamilton so the steering was at an angle. Head of steam, took his hands off the wheel and it veered into Hamilton.

Wasn't deliberate but if penalty points were dished out for stupidity and carelessness he definitely deserved some.

https://www.facebook.com/Formula1/videos/840990069391310/

He's embarrassed by that stupidity, which is why he has never addressed the question directly, but the external cameras seem to show that. If he said he drove into hamilton deliberately would be a lie. yet saying he made a mistake he would be pilloried by one half for stupidity and the other half for lying, even though that's the truth.

I can't believe a forum full of drivers have never experienced that before.. getting angry, removing one hand off the wheel to gesticulate, looking towards one direction.. and then car/formula car veers towards that direction because of lack of attention. Must be just me (and apparently, now sebastian lol.)

2. lagunacc

lagunacc F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 24, 2013
    But that's expected. The german myth of calmness and precision is utter and complete bs.

3. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
  4. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
  5. lagunacc

lagunacc F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 24, 2013
    If anyone pulled that move on psycho boy, he would melt that radio. After all, he rammed someone over an alleged brake check.

Fortunately none of the other drivers would stoop so low.

6. lagunacc

lagunacc F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 24, 2013
    Unless that shunt had something to do with it coming out.

7. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    LOL.

Ok.

8. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Who cares, Vettel extended his lead over Elton.

Well done Stroll!. Kept his head.
    Pete

9. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    What actually happened was that Vettel ran into the back of Lewis,then he took both hands off the wheel to show his anger,then put both hands on the wheel to go alongside Lewis, then put only his left hand back up in the air,his right hand was busy steering his car into Lewis.

It was deliberate and he knew what he was doing,that is why he was penalized,lightly imo.

The worrying thing is that he is still in denial...

10. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    While deliberately steering into somebody is worrying and dangerous, etc. we need to remember that they were going very slow at the time so nobody was going to get hurt, and neither car was damaged. One could debate that Elton deliberately caused contact between 2 cars too ... but I really don't care. Both are adults and the Force India drivers are doing worse to each other at racing speeds ;)

Vettel's incident was not a repeat of MS in 1997, thankfully!
    Pete

11. Timmmmmmmmmmy

Timmmmmmmmmmy F1 Rookie

Apr 5, 2010
    NZ
    Full Name:
    Timothy Russell
    Can't say I disagree, Spain '16 and Spa '15 showed Elton was willing to do anything to win and his fans were lining up to blame Rosberg for it and Elton didn't get any further penalty. IMO, Elton slowed after the corner, not illegal but very strange, maybe he didn't brake, rather gently decelerated where everyone else began to accelerate incl. Seb, nothing more than a racing accident. Sebs actions afterwards were a little stupid but then Lewis should never have slowed as he did, whether Elton was penalised or not, Seb finished ahead so all is fair unless we want to revisit the above incidents.

12. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    Looks like I missed another exciting GP...Why are all those I am able to watch boring and all those I am not able to exciting???
    So let me get that: first you say that Lewis did not brake because the stewards examined it and later you say you do not know whether they did but you think they should have???
    Does not make sense to me...

And there are two remarkable things: the first is that people come up with exactly the same arguments as they did when Schumacher ran into Coulthards back...the one behind is responsible for the gap!
    But remember: F1 is close racing at a very narrow distance and only works when people can rely on the proffesionalism of the guys around, as soon as somebody does something unpredictable an accident will happen. And say whatever yo want: Lewis did something unpredictable in that corner. If Vettel would have kept 200 meters safety distance the same people blaming him now would say he slept over the restart....

Second: it might be a remain of the "Toil-era" but not everybody saying something against Lewis does that necessarily to defend Seb. When one says that Hamilton was wrong this does not excuse Vettels brainfart.

But it is rediculous when the same guy who ran into his team mate multiple times forcing him off the track, badmouthing him and did not care about team orders stands in front of a microphone and tellls the world about the role model a multiple WDC has to be and the influence on the youth. One can just shake ones head listening to that and the people who actually take this serious.
    You must be kidding....Maybe it becomes time to rename yourself tifosi44 ;)

13. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    I like your generalization...seriously makes you a discussion partner to be taken serious ;)

14. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    #539 Bas, Jun 26, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2017
    People from this end of the world. Thumbs up from me! :)

15. lagunacc

lagunacc F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 24, 2013
    No worries. You know very well what I'm talking about.
    The myth is just as much a generalization. They all break down at the micro.

16. lagunacc

lagunacc F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 24, 2013
    The significant difference is that those guys are racing, not using the car as a weapon in a fit of petulance.

17. Ferrari 308 GTB

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    psycho boy being Vettel right? if so i tend to agree.

18. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    Aside from the chatter regarding Ham and Seb's clash, would Seb have gotten a penalty for passing Ham under a yellow?

19. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
  20. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    only got alongside, never a full pass...so don't believe so.

21. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
  22. lagunacc

lagunacc F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 24, 2013
  23. Ferrari 308 GTB

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Problem with this is that the stewards gave a penalty ,but Vettel still finished 4th.

So there you go guys you can deliberately drive straight into your competitor under a SAFETY car,and still continue and finish up 4th!

24. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    Not to excuse what Vettel did...but "weapon", "shunt", "rammed", "assault"....give it a break

25. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

They adjudicated and provided a penalty. Give them a call and tell them how you feel. Its very much old news.....