Calling all Daytonas - FCA 2018 Meet | FerrariChat

Calling all Daytonas - FCA 2018 Meet

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by Jeff Kennedy, Jun 29, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jeff Kennedy

Jeff Kennedy F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 16, 2007
    Edwardsville, IL
    Full Name:
    Jeff Kennedy
    The Ferrari Club of America's 55th Annual International Meet will feature the 365 Daytona. So we want to get a very strong turn out of all the iterations.

September 15-19, 2018
    Corning, New York for the host hotel and Concours
    Watkins Glen, New York for the track

www.FCA2018.org

2. Jeff Kennedy

Jeff Kennedy F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 16, 2007
    Edwardsville, IL
    Full Name:
    Jeff Kennedy
    If it has been a while for your concours judging, this is a fine opportunity to go for the current Platino at 97 points.

If you really want to demonstrate the complete quality of your car then enter for Coppa Bella Machina too.

3. Christian.Fr

Christian.Fr Two Time F1 World Champ

Jun 9, 2005
    Full Name:
    Christian.Fr
    How Daytona are based in US, any idea?

4. Jeff Kennedy

Jeff Kennedy F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 16, 2007
    Edwardsville, IL
    Full Name:
    Jeff Kennedy
    Interesting question.

As for the GTS one count says there were originally 96 for US plus there is a one-off Euro that is currently in the US. How many of these remain in the US and Canada plus how many Euros have found there way to North America I do not know.

I have come across conflicting numbers for the coupes 1,284 and 1,301. Maybe someone has a count of how many were originally to US and Canada.

Christian.Fr likes this.
  5. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    Today ?
    Just guessing, 500-700.

Christian.Fr likes this.
  6. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Awesome. We will be there.

7. Jeff Kennedy

Jeff Kennedy F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 16, 2007
    Edwardsville, IL
    Full Name:
    Jeff Kennedy
    Keep looking for more updates. Glad you will be attending.

We have been told a well known east coast collector has already committed to send some very special cars.

8. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    very cool

9. peterp

peterp F1 Veteran

Aug 31, 2002
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Is there an FAQ on deadline for registering for the Concours, safe parking overnight, hotels that have safe parking, ... ?

10. Jeff Kennedy

Jeff Kennedy F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 16, 2007
    Edwardsville, IL
    Full Name:
    Jeff Kennedy
    Headquarters hotel is the Radisson in Corning.

There will be safe parking at the hotel.

If you intend to enter or Coppa Bella Machina register early. This has a limited number of slots and normally has a wait list. Do understand that even if registered the car has to achieve 97 points in the Sunday concours to advance or further evaluation.

From the FCA2018.org website:
    Hotel information and reservation links will be posted here by October, 2017. Registration for FCA2018 will open in January, 2018.

We will try to provide answers quickly after a post.

11. Dogdish

Dogdish Formula Junior

Dec 27, 2005
    Denver
    #11 Dogdish, Jul 12, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I am going to try to come out and track for a few days. I've never driven Watkins Glenn.

Bill
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Christian.Fr likes this.
  12. intercity

intercity Karting

May 5, 2009
    #12 intercity, Jul 19, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    This is Jim from Intercity Lines, the official auto transporter for the 2018 FCA International Meet. For over 35 years we have been providing fully enclosed, lift gate loaded, door to door transport with one of the most experienced fleets in the industry.

As you are planning for the event, please feel free to private message me on here, email me at [email protected], or call our office at 1-800-221-3936 and I will happily provide a transport rate and answer any questions you may have.

We will be offering round trip transport on an individual basis, but strongly encourage local FCA regions and chapters to group their cars together at one pick up location in order to receive our truck load rates, which are significantly cheaper than if they were all shipped separately.

We are very excited to be a part of such an incredible event and look forward to servicing you the best we can!

Meet one of our drivers Bob Shaw:
    https://youtu.be/NFDNpdlX12A

Watch a 458 Speciale being unloaded:
    https://youtu.be/GpVyblBIvUI

Jim Bergeron

13. Chanosky

Chanosky Karting

Apr 10, 2014
    Westlake Village CA
    Full Name:
    Alessandro Ciani
    It's a long shot, planning a year ahead without knowing if business will allow, but we'll do our best to bring our 973 US specs over. Just got an unexpected award for preservation at Concorso Italiano in Monterey!

14. Jeff Kennedy

Jeff Kennedy F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 16, 2007
    Edwardsville, IL
    Full Name:
    Jeff Kennedy
    We certainly hope you can make it.

15. Jeff Kennedy

Jeff Kennedy F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 16, 2007
    Edwardsville, IL
    Full Name:
    Jeff Kennedy
    Registration will be opening soon. The Radisson is already sold out but there is a wait list. Other options are available.

If you are considering putting your car into Coppa Bella Machina or Coppa GT you better act fast when registration opens. There are a limited quantity of slots available.

Although not Vintage related, Futuro Classico has limited slots too.

Jeff

16. Labman

Labman F1 Rookie

Jun 25, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Radisson booked and I'm really looking forward to this meet. I went to my first international meet last year at Daytona and had a blast. And I didn't even bring a Ferrari with me! This year I plan on entering my 308 QV into the Coppa Bella Machina and hoping for a platino :)

17. Jeff Kennedy

Jeff Kennedy F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 16, 2007
    Edwardsville, IL
    Full Name:
    Jeff Kennedy
    Study up on the judging process. To get to Coppa Bella Machina it first must be judged as Platino.

Greetings FCA Members,

I am very happy to tell you that we now have a complete range of information available on our website www.FCA2018.org including full details on the various events, a detailed schedule and price list. Please go to our website now to read about all that will be available.

On-line registration for the Meet will be open on or shortly after January 21st. We will notify all members by advance email of exactly when registration will open. This is important if you plan to enter the Coppa Bella Macchina or Coppa GT or wish to rent a garage, as available spaces are very limited and fill up fast.

Special Early Bird pricing will be in effect until May 15th.

Hotel information is now available, so you can go ahead and secure your hotel reservations. Go to www.FCA2018.org and click on the “hotels” tab to see the hotel choices available for the FCA2018 Meet.

The Ferrari Club of America’s 2018 International Meet is hosted by the Empire State Region. All traditional FCA Meet activities will take place across the beautiful Finger Lakes region of upstate New York including:

• The internationally recognized FCA Field and Driving Concours d’Elegance on Market St. in Corning, with mid-day receptions with live entertainment in Centerway Square and on the Radisson Patio
    • Four days of track time at the historic Watkins Glen International Raceway, with a skilled group of instructors available to help you learn the track or enhance your skills
    • The Shell scenic Pleasure Drive through fabulous wine country and ending at a major winery for lunch
    • The Shell competitive rally with challenging questions to answer along the Seneca and Keuka Lake wine trails, as well as famous downtown Corning
    • The Mercato di Ferrari
    • Seminars and receptions
    • Captain Bill’s dinner boat cruise on Seneca Lake (limited capacity)
    • Gala Awards Banquet at the world renowned Corning Museum of Glass
    • Experience the popular Crystal City Ferrari Show in conjunction with the Concours d’Elegance on Market St. in Corning
    • And a wide range of additional activities throughout the Finger Lakes region.
    We are continuing to bring on new sponsors for 2018. I want to personally thank those sponsors who have already confirmed: our long-time Presenting Sponsor, Weathertech; Shell and Pennzoil; Pirelli; Ferrari North America; Hagerty; Vontobel Swiss Wealth Advisors; Intercity Lines; Corning Enterprises; Ferrari Market Letter; and Trailex. Links to our sponsors websites are provided below. Their support is critical to the success of the Meet and we are grateful for their sponsorship. Please thank them when you have the opportunity to do so, and patronize them whenever you can.

Be sure to check out www.FCA2018.org frequently as we add new information. We look forward to seeing you all in September!

With best regards,

Roland Veit
    FCA2018 International Meet Chair

18. Labman

Labman F1 Rookie

Jun 25, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Yes. I'm aware of the judging process. Of course after my pantino ;)

19. Jeff Kennedy

Jeff Kennedy F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 16, 2007
    Edwardsville, IL
    Full Name:
    Jeff Kennedy
    Updates:

Something special is being planned for all the Daytonas registered.

Coppa Bella Machina is close to full for entries but there will be a waiting/reserve list.

Radisson is full but Hilton Garden In has some rooms.

Overall registrations are running ahead o past years - expect a big attendance.

Don't forget that the Sunday concours will be on Market Street and open to the public; in case you can't make it for the whole event.

Extra track days are part of this year's event.