1986 Porsche 944 Turbo (951) 40K Concours Ready Car! | FerrariChat

1986 Porsche 944 Turbo (951) 40K Concours Ready Car!

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by full_garage, Jul 5, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. full_garage

full_garage Formula 3
    Owner

Feb 15, 2010
    Sarasota Florida
    Full Name:
    Jay
    #1 full_garage, Jul 5, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Well the time has come- the "Full Garage" got way too full and I have to move a few pieces from my collection.

Spent a lot of time looking at a LOT of 951's before finding this gem. SUPER minty clean 1986 Turbo 944- Guards Red with Grey sport interior with the "PORSCHE" Lettering on the seats. Car has 40,566 miles.

Within the last few months the car has been completely detailed with some minor paint work (Scuffs and scrapes) by local legend Danny McGhee. I've had new OEM motor mounts installed, new timing belt and tensioner, complete Koni Sports Suspension installed to replace the non-replaceable standard setup. Four brand new Firestone Firehawks just installed. Other than an aftermarket Pioneer radio, this is a concours ready car!

Original wheels are present and in good condition. This is an Arizona car as the underside photos can attest, and I have a thick looseleaf binder FILLED with 20 years of service history plus my most recent work.

Doors slam like a bank vault. It fires right up and runs like new. The A/C has been serviced and blows cold. Original ownres manual is in the glove box. I think this might be among the very best 951s available.

My price is $28,995 which I think is a LOT of classic car for under $30K. In no rush, money is just gonna sit in the bank so not interested in low ball offers from dealers.

Happy to have you come by and inspect the car in person- I'm 40 minutes west of Boston's Logan Airport.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    That is so sweet!

My favorite uncle had one..(two actually his wife as well, had the non turbo)..

GLWS!

3. 355dreamer

355dreamer F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 3, 2006
    DC Metro
    Full Name:
    L.C.
    Love this. GLWS

4. Devilsolsi

Devilsolsi F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 1, 2007
    MD
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Awesome car! I learned to drive stick on my dad's 944. I have always wanted a turbo. His had the same type of seats with the Porsche lettering but in black. I have always wondered what option that was because you don't see a ton of cars with it. Seems like it holds up better than the leather seats too.

5. full_garage

full_garage Formula 3
    Owner

Feb 15, 2010
    Sarasota Florida
    Full Name:
    Jay
    I learned to drive in my Dad's pea green Fury III. Wish he had a cooler car to learn on!

6. GatorFL

GatorFL Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Nov 18, 2005
    Wellington, FL
    Full Name:
    Duane
    Stunning, always been one of my favorites GLWS

7. 19633500GT

19633500GT F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    I've never bought a car from Jay

But I sold him one of mine, and got to see his other cars, and he's METICULOUS. Whoever buys this is going to have an excellent Porsche.

GLWS bro

8. dakharris

dakharris Two Time F1 World Champ

Jun 7, 2001
    Sleepy Hollow
    Full Name:
    Cavaliere Senzatesta
    I bought a base 1986 944 in November 1985. I paid $25,500 new. Mine was graphite with the same color interior and wheels as this one. Most of the red ones had black interiors. Makes sense to have the light interior in AZ. Unusual to see the base wheels on a turbo. Most of them had the black forged Fuchs wheels. This is one of two cars that I have owned in my lifetime that I wish I had never sold. Wish I had room to take this one in. These are great cars and this looks like an excellent example. GLWS!

9. full_garage

full_garage Formula 3
    Owner

Feb 15, 2010
    Sarasota Florida
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Thanks Ken!

10. HotShoe

HotShoe F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2008
    Lake Worth, FL
    Full Name:
    Anthony Lauro
    Wow! I've always loved this car. I wish the timing was different and I'd be all over it . Some lucky bastard is going to get a gem.

11. jjmalez

jjmalez F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 8, 2005
    Northern Illinois
    Full Name:
    Joseph

I feel the same about my 1988 Porsche 944 S

Joe

:(

12. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    And the other one? Come on, you can kiss and tell.

13. HOF Ferrari

HOF Ferrari Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 22, 2007
    Canton, Ohio
    Full Name:
    AFG
    wow...Takes me back to being a 25 year old kid, with my first real sports car...1986 944 (non turbo), looking at yours makes my heart race all over again....I had 2 of them, several years apart... they were both awesome! worth every penny ! GLWS

14. JoeLo

JoeLo Karting

Mar 19, 2006
    FL / NY

I also learned to drive stick on my Dads 944! Love these cars...GLWS!

15. dakharris

dakharris Two Time F1 World Champ

Jun 7, 2001
    Sleepy Hollow
    Full Name:
    Cavaliere Senzatesta
    1970 Fiat 124 Spider...my first car.

Sent using mental telepathy.

16. full_garage

full_garage Formula 3
    Owner

Feb 15, 2010
    Sarasota Florida
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Let me guess.... rust colored...

17. slownrusty

slownrusty Formula Junior

Oct 1, 2014
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Slow Rusty
    Nice 951!
    As a current owner of a '87 951, I can say that these cars are rewarding to own and drive, they don't have to be modified to be enjoyed but take well to simple well thought out mods if that's your fancy. Owners share the passion and camaraderie with great online community.

A significant piece in the automotive world and certainly in the Porsche history books.

18. porkchopious

porkchopious Formula Junior

Oct 11, 2009
    Oakton, VA
    Full Name:
    David
    I would have given my right arm for one of these back in the '80s when I was young, but had no money...

19. SAVANTAUTO

SAVANTAUTO Karting

Nov 5, 2010
    I also own a 1987 951 that I love. I got the Porsche bug back in college when a well off friend traded in his 300zx Turbo ( because according to him not enough power at triple digit speeds) for a 1986 black black 951. Riding in that car with Phil Collins playing through the tape deck was a pivotal moment. Its great to go back in time every time I get behind the wheel of mine.

Those in concour shape are hard to find and certainly will not go down in value in the years to come. Would be great if they follow the same path as their air cooled relatives.

20. Dakota

Dakota Formula Junior

Jun 27, 2012
    Alvord Texas
    Full Name:
    Dakota Crafton
    Jesus the condition!
    I think this will sell FAST really close to ask. Be a 45k car in a few years.

21. rdynamix

rdynamix Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 11, 2013
  22. Dino V

Dino V Formula 3

Sep 21, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Dino
    Looks beautiful, GLWS!