Where are all the Pebble Beach Photographs?!? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Where are all the Pebble Beach Photographs?!?

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by 134282, Aug 21, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Christian.Fr

Christian.Fr Two Time F1 World Champ

Jun 9, 2005
    Full Name:
    Christian.Fr
    Great event, thanks for sharing the best of summer!

2. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    1.) How do you know that the other cars in Pebble are all perfect or do you have files for all of them

2.) I might regret that but may I ask you how many Ferrari you did own and restore in your life. I do not mean to insult you in the slightest way but unfortunately I can not judge whether you have some serious insight or just want to talk down others cars just by a few pictures

Sorry, no intention to bother you but I am interested as this might preset the following conversation.
    Regards
    Peter

3. GTE

GTE F1 World Champ

Jun 24, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Marnix
    what a pleasure to see 0233EU out there in full swing. What a car!

4. GTE

GTE F1 World Champ

Jun 24, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Marnix
    what about the repaint of 7963? Pity.

5. Aardy

Aardy F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Feb 21, 2004
    France
    Full Name:
    Cyril TESTE
    1) Where I have said that all the others cars in Pebble Beach were all perfect ?

2) I didn't know that owning a Ferrari and having restored it were a condition to be judge at Pebble Beach. Thank you, I understand better now how does it work and why nobody here cares about authenticity of the cars shown. I would call this partiality.

I could make a big thread here with tons of errors in all the Ferrari shown at Pebble Beach since the last 20 years but I can't as I have owned in my life only some Fiat, Lancia and Alfa Romeo. 😱

6. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    I am sorry to read that you obviously took my post as an insult...
    I am simply tired of all those people over here who never owned or restored a Ferrari looking down on other people (like the sarcastic comments of the proud owner or Wexner) for not treating their car exactly as the expert here expect.
    Wexner for example can paint his car whatever colour he likes...as the paint before was not the original paint anyway nothing of the originality was harmed and the next owner can repaint it into a different colour if needed....

7. ferrarip4

ferrarip4 Formula 3

May 8, 2008
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Chanh Lê Huy
  8. Aardy

Aardy F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Feb 21, 2004
    France
    Full Name:
    Cyril TESTE
    OK, if Wexner paint his next Ferrari in bright pink with green peas, I'm sure you will be the guy who will applaud at Pebble Beach next year...

I forgot to say I have also owned some fast italian motorbikes (in Ferrari red colour of course) : I should be banned of FerrariChat for that !!!

9. C50

C50 Formula 3

Aug 19, 2016
    Thanks to all who posted personal images and links
    I enjoyed the vicarious experience
    Some are just achingly beautiful

Would that i won the powerball...
    (A ridiculous lottery)

10. kare

kare F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Nov 11, 2003
    #37 kare, Aug 29, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2017
    Aardy has the best eyes on f-chat, no question about that. If you think somebody here has better judgement on these things, just FORGET IT.

I too wonder how expensive must these cars become, before detail is starting to interest parties involved. It seems that every new player must do the same mistakes over and over again, before they slowly gain the understading that it took enormous discipline to create these cars in the first place - and it does take even more discipline to repair them correctly as there is no "artistic freedom" in reparation. Those players who understand this are few and far between, and have been working with these cars for decades. Having worked on these cars for decades, on the other hand, guarantees nothing. I for one, would never have cosmetic repairs performed in Europe as there is NOBODY who can pull if off, even close. I too have been shocked by too many disasterous restorations over and over again.

ps. if you work on a car trying to put things back the way they were, it is possible that you slowly gain understading how difficult it really is to make it right. Even if you do - and that is a big if - and your bills get paid anyway, you start to get sloppy. Very few artesans have discipline unless their customers are ruthless with their demands.

11. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    Come on...give it a break.
    If Wexner decides to paint the car the way you said I do not have to like it but he still did not do anything that is not reversible. Why do people over here behave like it is blasphemy when a car does not look like the day it left the doors in Maranello?
    If the first owner painted it pink with green peas, does it have to stay like that to the end of Days??? Nothing wrong with a repaint if it is not the Original paint anymore anyway...as for the front of the 375: Why don't you ask the restorer why the car was done that way? Maybe the front was changed in period after that Picture ? Why implying it is only because Lack of Knowledge or because they are lazy?

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

12. ArtS

ArtS F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Central NJ
    Aardy,

I think the discrepancy may be created by the angle of the photos being different, resulting in projection and curvature playing tricks.

Regards,

Art S.

13. GIOTTO

GIOTTO F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Dec 30, 2006
    France
    #40 GIOTTO, Aug 29, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2017
    No, Aardy is right. And yes, many restored cars have wrong fronts or wrong body lines. I could give a long list too. And a guy who paint red all the historic cars of his collection today has no taste. This is so 80's...

14. ursoenzo

ursoenzo Formula Junior

Jul 20, 2006
    Austria
    Full Name:
    Christian Rauch
    #41 ursoenzo, Aug 29, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  15. Aardy

Aardy F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Feb 21, 2004
    France
    Full Name:
    Cyril TESTE
    Thanks to Kare, Giotto and others for their post but don't forget the new rules to be allowed to post in this thread :

1) You must be a Ferrari owner.

2) You must have restored it.

Kare, Giotto, I think it's OK for you. Thanks ! 😂

16. Christian.Fr

Jun 9, 2005
    Full Name:
    Christian.Fr
    +1
    I regret to say that Peter he s not really objective in this case, probably business with some customers.

17. Christian.Fr

Jun 9, 2005
    Full Name:
    Christian.Fr
    Smell to cheap excuse. :))

18. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    No, not at all...but I doubt most of you would say that this way Into the Face of the restorer but it is easy to do this here...please write Butch Dennison that he did it all wrong

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

19. Christian.Fr

Jun 9, 2005
    Full Name:
    Christian.Fr

I think he can comes here and explain by himself...
    I'm pretty sure it will nice to have a conversation with him, him and the owner too...

Where did you see " all wrong " in my posts?

20. kare

kare F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Nov 11, 2003
    Well, when trying to re-create a body like 0070M one is stepping into the fire, so getting burned in the end cannot be a big surprice.

21. GIOTTO

GIOTTO F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Dec 30, 2006
    France
    In this case, the body is a total failure.

22. ferrarip4

ferrarip4 Formula 3

May 8, 2008
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Chanh Lê Huy
    #49 ferrarip4, Aug 29, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    This also raises another question: when body repairs in period (or later) modify the shape of the car: should one redo the body as when it came out of the factory or leave the cars as they are now?

A few 250 GTO's have such currently "non-correct" shapes such as 3851GT (wrong rear fender, wrong side vents position), or 3647GT (wrong main air intake shape and foglights position, 2 or 3 side vents).
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

23. miurasv

miurasv F1 World Champ

Nov 19, 2008
    Cardiff, UK
    Full Name:
    Steven Robertson
    3647GT had a number of accidents and was rebodied, but the rebodies were always done by Ferrari/Scaglietti in period, were they not????