Lifted/Off-road Ferrari FF (mad max) | FerrariChat

Lifted/Off-road Ferrari FF (mad max)

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by LiteralLegend, Sep 13, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. LiteralLegend

LiteralLegend Rookie

Sep 13, 2017
    Raleigh North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Kyle Miller
    I have been contemplating doing this for a really long time but I am just now looking into whether it would be possible or not and how practically impractical it actually would be. I really want to buy a Ferrari FF or F12 (maybe a 458 (basically anything that comes up I think these bodies would look the best for what I want to do.) flood car and gut it completely and build an off-road warrior similar to the Local Motors Rally Fighter. I honestly want to build the thing and take it to burning man and most likely end up keeping it. I don't want to make it completely impractical and turn it into a movie car but I want to have a little fun with it too (off-roading, driving out on the beach, etc.
    Has anyone seen someone do something similar? and what are your opinions on this? (Ruin my dreams if you need to I would rather them be ruined now before I am $80,000-$100,000 into rebuilding a car)

anunakki likes this.
  2. DrewH

DrewH F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Vancouver, BC Canada
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    I've been waiting for someone to jack up an FF and put mudders on it. maybe you could find one that was written off to use as your victim. A girlfriend of mine thought that an FF was the new Mazda 3.

LiteralLegend likes this.
  3. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
  4. anunakki

anunakki Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 8, 2005
    Las Vegas Nevada
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    do it !

LiteralLegend likes this.
  5. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
  6. LiteralLegend

LiteralLegend Rookie

Sep 13, 2017
    Raleigh North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Kyle Miller
    This is the original picture I found when I was looking for inspiration I just love how it looks!

7. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    You'll be the proud owner of the first Ferrari SUV! I echo the sentiment of the others - do it!
    Then, take me for a ride.
    T

INTMD8 and LiteralLegend like this.
  8. LiteralLegend

LiteralLegend Rookie

Sep 13, 2017
    Raleigh North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Kyle Miller
    If anyone spots a written off (flood title or anything that would work for this project) Ferrari FF please keep me in the back of your mind. After the recent storms, I am looking as hard as I can to find one and pick one up! Also if anyone knows of anywhere specific I should try looking other than the typical online salvage auctions please let me know. I'd prefer to buy the car outright and not have to bid in an auction but if I need to I will.
    Thanks

9. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    You could get the same look by jacking up an BMW Z4 M coupe. Although the M coupe would be more difficult to find..

10. 19633500GT

19633500GT F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    Do it!

Snowballs ;)

11. Mikael-F360

Mikael-F360 Formula Junior

Apr 3, 2017
    Finland
    Full Name:
    Mikael E.
    I say do it too. You could make a few good youtube videos with it that go viral.

Is it possible that somebody representing the factory could call an owner of self-made offroader-Phrary and tell them to take the badges off the car? They protect the brand like this and have done it before many times. A good example would be Deadmau5's NyanCat-inspired Purrari.

12. LiteralLegend

LiteralLegend Rookie

Sep 13, 2017
    Raleigh North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Kyle Miller
    I believe in this case deadmau5 actually changed the Ferrari badges to his own custom badges and Ferrari sent him a cease and desist and made him change the badges back to Ferrari badges which he ended up doing anyways before he sold the car.

Mikael-F360 likes this.
  13. Statler

Statler F1 World Champ

Jun 7, 2011
    It could use a custom badge with a clydesdale on it. :)