Jay Leno drives David Lee's Enzo | FerrariChat

Jay Leno drives David Lee's Enzo

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by Need4Spd, Sep 12, 2017.

Tags:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley
    Watch this on YouTube.

2. NürScud

NürScud F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2012
    My heart hurt so bad when they've touched to the road bump.... Oh my...

3. Maciek

Maciek Karting

Jan 20, 2007
    Poland
    Full Name:
    Maciek N
    Great video! I must disagree with Mr. Lee, however. A few Enzos have factory power windows and stereo, including 2 very special cars, which used to be own by Nicolas Todt and Michael Schumacher.

Also, A/C was not an option. At least not in Europe.

4. BaronM69

BaronM69 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 29, 2005
    Washington DC / FR
    For some reason I suspect these two guys like themselves and Leno's bringing an Enzo on stage is also a factor of David Lee's efforts.
    Not the first time but the car which bears the name of the founder gets main role on Leno's show, who is known to have a mild appreciation of the brand Ferrari.
    Unless I am missing something, this can't be bad for the brand, and pulling it off should lead DL to get appreciation from the factory.
    If I were DL, and now was not to get the next hypercard LE, I would sell all of my F Cars.

5. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    Im not a fan of JL. For many years he knocked the brand. Now he is driving one for his show???

6. LamboLover

LamboLover F1 Rookie

Jul 16, 2006
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Because of David. As 1 member theorized, the cars are likely used to market his jewelry stores and this just another way of getting his name out there. He's already been on the show twice before.

Makuono likes this.
  7. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Saw the video a few days ago, DL is a weird guy. Bursting out in uncontrollable laughter at simple jokes. Very weird.

Erm they all have aircon, what are you on about.

bonneau13 likes this.
  8. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    Maybe he meant it wasn't an option as it came standard? Not sure if they had a delete option.

I'm also guessing the jokes he laughs at have more of a backstory and somewhat inside joke than what we're seeing.

Bas likes this.
  9. Bianco Ferrari

Jun 29, 2017
    He couldn't stop laughing at the socks because Jay always rags on DL for not wearing any socks anytime he brings one of his Ferraris on the show.

10. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    I actually enjoyed the video. Nothing wrong with two passionate car guys enjoying talking and taking a ride. I also don't get why people enjoying ripping on David Lee so much. Sure, he may be a self promoter. So what? He's not harming anyone. I like that he shares his cars and his passion for Ferrari with a lot people who would otherwise never get to enjoy them in the flesh. He seems like a nice enough man and he has an amazing collection which he shows to the public regularly.

ypsilon and Boomhauer like this.
  11. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    yeah but it wasn't *that* funny

NürScud likes this.
  12. bonneau13

bonneau13 Karting

Oct 18, 2009
    California
    Something doesn’t feel right about him, love his collection but he does not seem genuine or all there, but hey he has more cars and a better business than I will!

Bas likes this.
  13. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Yes that's it. He just acts ''weird''. Maybe he's socially awkward or something I don't know, but in the F40 video for instance they're talking about the car and suddenly he goes ''So uhm, Jay...do you like sushi?". What?

14. JackCongo

JackCongo Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 22, 2006
    Full Name:
    Jacques

Hello maciek
    Can you tell us more about those two special cars?