458 upgrades through the years, share your 458 mods | FerrariChat

458 upgrades through the years, share your 458 mods

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by justincarney, Sep 24, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. justincarney

justincarney Rookie

Dec 16, 2016
    from body kits to to the exhaust system, if your 458 has been changed, please share yours. I’m trying to get ideas for my 458 coupe.

2. obbob

obbob Formula Junior

Aug 14, 2017
    Whatever you do, please don't get a Liberty Walk kit!

Now that that's out of the way, I think Novitec exhausts sound insane. Not sure if I would pay that much money though.

3. -CD-

-CD- F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 7, 2005
    near the Nürburgring
    Full Name:
    Christian
    Chester888 likes this.
  4. spyder625

spyder625 Formula Junior

Jun 16, 2017
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Mike
    i installed tons of carbon fiber... check my other posts

Fabspeed Motorsport likes this.
  5. Baitschev

Baitschev Formula Junior

Jan 8, 2017
    Vienna
    Check this

Attached Files:

6. justincarney

justincarney Rookie

Dec 16, 2016
    Hahaha as much as my younger self would love to do a liberty walk kit, I’d rather just admire others. As for the exhaust I’ve heard the novitecs and they do slind great. But for me also I couldn’t see that much money into an exhaust system. I’ll stick with my sport exhaust and remote valve system:)

7. justincarney

justincarney Rookie

Dec 16, 2016
    Holy carbon, I’m personally waiting to hear back from a local carbon dealer on pricing. But wow I’ll be in touch with you if he doesn’t get back!

8. justincarney

justincarney Rookie

Dec 16, 2016
    That’s cool, any link to it?

9. justincarney

justincarney Rookie

Dec 16, 2016

10. justincarney

justincarney Rookie

Dec 16, 2016
    Also I’m thinking of doing possibly colored carbon fiber parts, for the exterior only while keeping the inside the stock carbon fiber. Any recommendations . Tomorrow when the suns out I’ll take pics of my 458. So you guys could put your thoughts into it.

11. Fabspeed Motorsport

Sponsor

Feb 5, 2009
    Fort Washington, PA
    Full Name:
    John S
    Looks really sharp! I sell a lot of the OEM/aftermarket Speciale upgrades for the Italia, I love the aggressiveness.

12. Afonsolaw

Afonsolaw Formula 3

Sep 11, 2011
    New jersey
    Man I love the speciale wheel upgrade on the Italia !!!

13. Skipm6

Skipm6 Rookie

Aug 29, 2014
    Green Bay, WI
    Full Name:
    Josh
    Capristo exhaust, Capristo carbon fiber deck lid, lots of miscellaneous carbon fiber, and keep filling the gas tank

14. Joe@Fabspeed

Joe@Fabspeed Karting
    Sponsor

Jul 1, 2005
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Joe Fabiani
    Hi Its Joe at Fabspeed Motorsport USA
    In 2009 we had the Worlds very 1st Ferrari 458 in for design, development and engineering. The Fabspeed engineering team designed long tube compaetion 458 headers with Formula 1/ Indycar style high velocity Merge collectors and then we made 458 catbypass pipes and HJS German imported 200 cell highflow racings bolt-on catalytic converters. Later we designed 458 Chal;lenge dual outlet tips and minim maxflo rear Fabspeed mufflers to save weight.

On the F458 my personal choice for maximum power across the RPM range is a set of long tube competition race headers along with high flow HJS German imported 200 cell tri-metallic catalytic converters. When the 458 Belinetta came out I called Klaus at HJS and procured the largest HJS catalytic converters that would fit the 458 chassis. No other company was doing this 9 years ago. These extra large Emitec German tri-metallic catalytic converters flow the equivalent of 93% to 95% of a straight PIPE or 93% to 95% NO CAT and therefore perform and work better that no catalytic converter in both qualitative and quantifiable documentation. Bottom-line- much more torque low and mid range and still the Scream to Red-Line and typically no Check Engine Light no-cell.

Fabspeed Motorsport typically has a modified 458 on the shop floor or can get a car in for any of you guys and gals want to see and drive it to sample the experience. You are all cordially invited into check out our 25,000sqft engineering, design and manufacturing facility. Check out our website for detailed explanation Videos should 458 cars in multiple combinations of exhaust. Ask for Travis or Joe Fab.

Pocty likes this.
  15. Wheelb

Wheelb Formula 3
    Sponsor

Feb 17, 2009
    Miami, Florida
    Full Name:
    Wheels Boutique
    Baitschev and Pocty like this.
  16. justincarney

justincarney Rookie

Dec 16, 2016
    Does anyone know where people are buying their tire stickers that are colored, I've seen a few but never found it online?

17. Chester888

Chester888 Rookie

Oct 9, 2017
    Full Name:
    NL
  18. Melvok

Melvok F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2008
    Amersfoort, The Netherlands, Europe.
    Full Name:
    Mel
  19. justincarney

justincarney Rookie

Dec 16, 2016
  20. Jackp6

Jackp6 Karting

May 26, 2013
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    You mean these?

AlfistaPortoghese and Sflowers like this.
  21. Jackp6

Jackp6 Karting

May 26, 2013
  22. Melvok

Melvok F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2008
    Amersfoort, The Netherlands, Europe.
    Full Name:
    Mel
    Actually nice imo :!