LFSC no longer Mclaren | Page 2 | FerrariChat

LFSC no longer Mclaren

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by absent, Apr 17, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jjmalez

jjmalez F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 8, 2005
    Northern Illinois
    Full Name:
    Joseph
    WTF?

2. tifoso2728

tifoso2728 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Apr 30, 2014
    IL
    Full Name:
    DRM
    They have Ferrari, Aston Martin, Lotus and Koenigsegg.

3. CornersWell

CornersWell F1 Rookie

Nov 24, 2004
    No dog in this hunt, but if that customer's experience was accurate, I'd be VERY concerned about dealing with LFSC ever again. JMHO.

CW

4. Dino V

Dino V Formula 3

Sep 21, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Dino
    Supposedly they're dropping Lotus also.

5. tifoso2728

tifoso2728 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Apr 30, 2014
    IL
    Full Name:
    DRM
    Really? Not a big deal, I suppose. They do have the Lotus badge still on their website.

6. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    if,if, if.
    Know them for over 30 years, never had a problem nor was aware of them being at fault whenever there was a problem so I would not have any concerns whatsoever, especially based on just one guy's version of event.

7. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    I am not a customer but have been there several times and have spoken to Mr Mancuso a few times about cars and other things (during the concours he hosts) and he has always been very courteous.

8. CornersWell

CornersWell F1 Rookie

Nov 24, 2004
    I've never dealt with LFSC or the Mancusos, so I have nothing to judge the merit of this event on.

My only point is that if these allegations of inappropriate and egregious conduct are true, that additional due diligence may be warranted. I find the GM's explanation to be extremely vague and unsatisfying. I'm not sure I'd expect a mass mailing to detail a single case, either, but it's somewhat notable that LFSC has not responded to the McLaren owner's allegations at all. It's not exactly a good thing to leave those out there without a rebuttal. But, it's their choice, and, sometimes, the less said, the better. Maybe, however, silence can be construed as an indication that there's no dispute as to the factual recitation, and there's no defense to their conduct. So, why even bother with a response? Impossible to know. Maybe they just figure it'll blow over.

But, if you feel you've got a good relationship and that the allegations of one customer aren't "in character", then great. If, however, you are dealing with them in the future, forewarned is perhaps forearmed.

CW

9. Jeff328

Jeff328 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2006
    WI
    I heard they are also dropping Aston Martin as well.

Will be Ferrari and Koenigsegg only.

10. Dino V

Dino V Formula 3

Sep 21, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Dino
    Supposedly the intent was to focus on Ferrari.

11. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    I have heard they want to get more into classic Ferrari's, wich is fine with me. I have never had anything but the most courteous dealings with them. Very friendly dealer. We are lucky in Chicago to have two of the nicest old school Ferrari dealers around. Both Ferrari dealers are well over 30 years old and their owners have been in the business for many years(dating back to the late 1960's and early 1970's.)

12. jjmalez

jjmalez F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 8, 2005
    Northern Illinois
    Full Name:
    Joseph

What is their definition of classic? A 1960's Ferrari 250 SWB or a 1980's Ferrari Testarossa... And i've yet to see a Koenigsegg listed in their inventory.

Joe

13. forzatifosi

forzatifosi Karting

Aug 30, 2009
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    J
    definitely more to this story...my family has been buying cars from Rick for 30+ years....Rick and LFSC are all class..never have had anything less than a flawless experience with them

14. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    Probably never will, all Koenigseggs are built to order only and are sold before arrival to dealer so never will be listed on the inventory list.

15. jjmalez

jjmalez F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 8, 2005
    Northern Illinois
    Full Name:
    Joseph
    Please describe how it was awful when it came to Alphas? Was it the dealership? Location? or parts/service?

Thanks

16. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    I eat my words, went yesterday with my wife to test drive the Lusso for her and there was a White Koenigsegg on the floor.

17. amenasce

Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    I was told lfsc would be only Ferrari now and no vintage.

18. amenasce

Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    They didnt know anything about Alfa and the upcoming 4c and Giulia. Clearly the team at the now defunct west loop location was never trained to sell Alfas.

19. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    3 sections, new Ferrari, preowned Ferrari and Classic Ferrari.
    Main entrance moved to where Maclaren used to be and it will be new car showroom, Classics at the other end (where Astons are now).
    Koenigsegg is staying though.

jjmalez likes this.
  20. junc

junc Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 2, 2007
    Chicago/Laguna Beach
    Full Name:
    Jun
    Who are they selling Aston to ?

21. junc

junc Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 2, 2007
    Chicago/Laguna Beach
    Full Name:
    Jun
    Found out it’s going to Hawk auto group out in Glenview.

22. jjmalez

jjmalez F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 8, 2005
    Northern Illinois
    Full Name:
    Joseph
    Wow! So LFSC went from six manufactures to two? I assume Lotus will go to Mancuso Motorsports? Lake Forest Sportscars is a sponsor.

Joe

https://www.lfsc.com/

23. TheNextOne

TheNextOne Rookie

Dec 16, 2011
    Hey Tifosi!

Lots of info swirling around on here, and mostly accurate, but I wanted to provide some further insight into our decisions.

As of last week, we have closed on our deal to sell Aston Martin and Lotus to Glenview Luxury Imports (part of the Hawk Auto Group) and their facility on Waukegan road will be opening shortly. While it was bittersweet to see them go, especially Aston Martin whom we have represented since 1981, we couldn’t be more excited for what the future holds for our operation and our future growth with Ferrari.

We have bled Ferrari red since 1982 and are proud to be one of the longest standing, family-operated Ferrari dealers in the world. My great-grandparents immigrated to the States from Italy, my father’s early dealer meetings were led by Enzo himself, and we are still in awe every time that a new Ferrari is unveiled. This passion runs deep within every employee of Lake Forest Sportscars. Personally, I grew up with an F40 poster on my wall, was lucky enough to achieve my first professional race win behind the wheel of a Ferrari, and still get excited every time that a delivery truck pulls up to our dealership.

Even our competitors would agree that Ferrari is the pinnacle of the automotive world and we feel very fortunate and honored to represent such a brand. The evolution taking place now at LFSC is a natural extension of the close working relationship that we have built up over time and we couldn’t be more excited for the improvements to come. We look forward to welcoming you to our state-of-the-art facility and we have always maintained an open-door policy for anybody who shares our passion; so please feel free to stop by.

If you have any further questions on any of these developments or anything else Ferrari related my personal email is [email protected] and I’d be happy to hear from you. Thank you for your support and please keep an eye on our website and social media channels to be kept up to date on all the excitement.

Forza Ferrari!

Nick Mancuso
    General Sales Manager
    Lake Forest Sportscars

24. jjmalez

jjmalez F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 8, 2005
    Northern Illinois
    Full Name:
    Joseph

Is Koenigsegg still part of Lake Forest Sportscars?

Thanks.

25. TheNextOne

TheNextOne Rookie

Dec 16, 2011
    Hi "JJ",

Yes Koenigsegg is and we still (often but not always) have the One:1 on display here.

Thanks,
    Nick

adamr and jjmalez like this.